[2.1] SuperNova - 200k+ AoE dps ! Insane clear speed - Super fun - Atziri viable | Featured by GGG!

Holy macaroni !

I've just taken a look at the new "Elementalist" Ascendancy class and it looks like the SuperNova Witch is getting a serious series of insane buffs. Can't wait !

MagicalCrime might have to switch the name of the build to "UltraNova" or something.

Link

We only get to choose a few of the new skills, but any one of them looks good for this build, and most look great !

Mastermind of Discord basically gives us a free 20% Fire Penetration on our Ice Nova damage (which is in large part Fire Damage) every time we use Lightning Warp to warp into a pack of monsters. It requires getting the Pendulum of Destruction node which can be used to release timed attacks that deliver 100% MORE ELEMENTAL DAMAGE !!

Paragon of Calamity is quite interesting for areas in which lots of elemental damage is dealt (like all the "X% extra damage dealt as Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage" map mods. It grants elemental damage reduction following getting hit by a certain element (as well as increased damage dealt with that element).

Even with this damage reduction, I don't think it will make Reflect maps any easier because of the massive Elemental Damage increase we can get. I know MagicalCrime and Aim_Deep have said Reflect maps can be done (and they can), but they're already quite a challenge for me. I might just reroll them or keep them for my Flame totem Witch.

Shaper of Desolation grants a 20% chance on kill to gain "Arcane Conflux" for 4 seconds. This basically means that if you move fast enough, you'll constantly be under the effect of that skill, which Ignites, Shocks and Chills enemies. I'm hoping this will help with gathering Frenzy charges (with Ice Bite) and getting Onslaught (with Innervate) more often.

Beacon of Ruin makes elemental status effects spread to nearby monsters (how exactly I'm not sure). Even if it may also work well with Ice Bite and Innervate, might be the least interesting new node for us I think, since mobs really don't live long enough for this node to be worth it that much, especially with the other Increased damage nodes I've just mentioned that we can take instead. The few Ascendancy points we're getting might be better spent on the nodes mentioned earlier.

Finally, Liege of the Primordial grants 10% chance to summon a lesser golem on kill. No more details, but it could be interesting if it lets us have several golems of different types up at the same time.
Last edited by Monsieur_Gao on Feb 5, 2016, 3:06:01 AM
@VzwsoN

your immortal call is way too high, it should be level 4, if you read the description it tells you what level of gems it supports.

unless you are levelling it to make it quality? (which would be a good idea) I don't have a spare IC to level, so meaning to do the same.

as for the damage. it will take a serious knock until you get your gems to at least level 19, even then it seems in my case, it only equals the damage I was previously doing.

I can reach 55K with Atziri flask, that adds chaos damage, but that was a bit ago, not tried recently, as I still yet to make my own faster casting quality. so maybe in the 60k region, or a bit higher.

so VzwsoN, keep levelling those gems to at least level 19, then you will start to notice a small difference. also switch out concentrated effect for increased AOE, your DPS will lower, but the increase in aoe size will help, but level CE in your alt weapon setup, or vice versa. can't really give you anymore details as I'm also yet to reach those high numbers myself.

and the Elementalist looks cool.

@Cimos21
you give me hope, I will keep trying, I really want a 6L staff!!
Last edited by matthewfarmery on Feb 5, 2016, 4:43:44 AM
@VzwsoN - Dude. your gems levels, especially the Ice Nova and its links aren't maxed out yet, let alone quality.

What level are you? Also, are you following my leveling trees ? [cant tell since you didnt post ur tree].

Regardless, your Immortal Call requiresl evel 56, while your CWDT gem can trigger gems up to level 42. Are you aware of that issue you got there? Get a new Immortal Call gem.

You didn't link your amulet either.

@MapleCake -Yeah it looks good but better check it live since you cannot tell which changes will be made alongside the ascendency classes.
In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
@MagicalCrime

unless VzwsoN is levelling the IC to make it a quality gem, a level 1 20q IC is way better then a high level IC (and will trigger way more often), but yes, I think levelling another IC is a good idea, in the alt weapon setup, I plan to do the same once I get another.

but yeah, VzwsoN gems need way more levels.

edit

you can reset a gems level, by trading it in with a vendor and add a orb of regret, you will get a level 1 gem in return, but I think it would be better to continue to level the IC gem to make it quality, and put a new IC in it's place. (no point resetting that IC not when you got it so high.

edi 2

unless I am still thinking of the old IC, as it been changed not that long ago, so making it quality only helps with the cast speed, so might not be worth making it quality after all?

edit 3

starting to see some major improvements, all my gems in the staff are level 19 and 20 quality (apart from fasting casting which is taking an age)

with Atziri flask active, and innervate (level 19 and 6% quality) 3 frenzy charges, 7 power charges, (might have missed something, oh yes with CE gem in) I have seen my dps hit nearly 70k (also got the staff crit strike and multiplier node, going to hit the 3 on the left of that ASAP.

also once I get my faster caster to quality status and levelled past 10, then my dps will raise farther,, plus getting the other gems levelled, plus the empower (need my staff 6 linked first and a level 2 plus empower) I think my dps should be about 100 plus.

so its getting there. slowly, anyone reading this and not seeing the high figures, just give it time, I still a while before I can 6 link the staff, and find an empower and level my other gems. but its finally coming together.
Last edited by matthewfarmery on Feb 5, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
"
MagicalCrime wrote:
@VzwsoN - Dude. your gems levels, especially the Ice Nova and its links aren't maxed out yet, let alone quality.

What level are you? Also, are you following my leveling trees ? [cant tell since you didnt post ur tree].

Regardless, your Immortal Call requiresl evel 56, while your CWDT gem can trigger gems up to level 42. Are you aware of that issue you got there? Get a new Immortal Call gem.

You didn't link your amulet either.

@MapleCake -Yeah it looks good but better check it live since you cannot tell which changes will be made alongside the ascendency classes.

I rerolled Arc to this build. I'm lvl 89 and the tree is identicle. Im swapping out for a lvl 4 IC and will try and push my gems.

Ammy
IGN: VeeZee
Innervate is supposed to be leveled to max right? I see its level one in the gear on the guide?
"
Jans321 wrote:
Innervate is supposed to be leveled to max right? I see its level one in the gear on the guide?

yex max it out
In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
How does this build deal with the occasional ele reflect rares? No problem?
hi, you switch the cold to fire gem with life leech, I done a few reflect maps, you got to lightning warp on the mob to curse them, then use ice nova / or flame surge. seems to work ok. still got to watch your health sometimes, and if you attack the mobs first (ice nova), your health will drop like a stone.

otherwise, not too bad at all.
"
Aedax wrote:
How does this build deal with the occasional ele reflect rares? No problem?

all depends on ur gear/life, early game u get one shotted later on, they dont matter at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info