my first PvP match with a top PvPer... and it's unplayable :(

gave low level PvP in Standard League a try, and apparently gained enough points for the algorithm to match me up with one of the top 3 guys on the list.

match starts, people are joining in to spectate, I'm hyped for a great match... and my ping goes out the window.
simply unplayable. couldn't even move or see what hits me. chat messages showing up ~15 seconds after I sent them.

I know my chances of winning weren't high to begin with, but I think a match should at least be playable, and people who are watching the match should actually get one - instead of one of the competitors apologizing and logging out.

will it be possible to put some advanced error-handling specifically into PvP at least?
it's a challenge to code I admit, because PvP by definition is as good as the players' network connections are - but it should be doable.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 4, 2015, 1:13:07 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm not sure if it is due to the way the PvP instances are handled, but I'm always fighting in Sarn, or in 1v1 matches, on EU/US servers.

Kinda tricky to compete at 250ms :(

(AU Gateway, NZ player)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 4, 2015, 1:20:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info