Blessed Orb to remove Vaal Corruption from items

Blessed Orbs are already able to re-roll implicit item properties, so this isn't too far of a jump. They could simply change the corrupted stat back to a normal non-corrupted one.

The rarity of the Blessed Orb would make more sense if they could do this.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It runs a little contrary to the purpose, unfortunately. GGG put them in to be a bit of an item sink, with the hook that you can potentially upgrade the shit out of your gear.

Doing this would remove the risk while leaving only the reward.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
It runs a little contrary to the purpose, unfortunately. GGG put them in to be a bit of an item sink, with the hook that you can potentially upgrade the shit out of your gear.

Doing this would remove the risk while leaving only the reward.

Not really since it wouldn't revert the item back to the original anyway, only make it not corrupted anymore. If my tabula rasa turned into a corrupted rare it wouldn't turn it back to a tabula rasa.
Items turning into rares are not the only 'risks' when corrupting an item.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
No.
Cool. So I could cycle my lvl 3 Enlighten until I get it to lvl 4?

Also, what would happen if it already was lvl 4? Would the corruption go away as well and it would stay lvl 4? If it goes back to lvl 3, then I could get my lvl 2 back to lvl 3 that way as well. And cycle until I hit it without even the risk of ruining it. And if it stays lvl 4, can I then vaal it to lvl 5?

Anyways, bad idea.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Blessed Orbs can't be used on Gems, so they corruption couldn't be removed from them either.
But... let's say, hypothetically that you could consume Blessed Orbs and Vaal Orbs until you "get lucky". This would be just like every other randomly rolled thing in the game. Is there a good reason why this is a bad idea for Vaal Orbs, especially if it involves adding a use to the mostly-useless-yet-rare Blessed Orb?
I understand the need for "risk", but you're talking about random risk that is outside of the control of players. There's already too much of that.
"
random risk that is outside of the control of players.

It is not outside of player control. No one is forcing player to use vaal orb.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info