Is Leo worth levelling?

I'm not very interested in PvP. Even back in D2 days, I only did it very occasionally.

I now have all of the masters levelled to 8 except Zana.

For someone who plays mostly PvM, does Leo offer anything useful? Right now he's still at level 1 on my account. I tried doing the daily mission a few times, but PvP was always too dead to find anyone to fight against.

Is he worth the trouble?
Wash your hands, Exile!
You can check him out on wiki and see for yourself if he offers anything interesting. He has some nifty stuff (and most of the interesting ones are low level) but I'm doing it for the completition factor, I guess.

It's probably easiest to do his missions as Poison Arrow or Incinerate char, they will make you strong enough in PvP without the need for near-mirror grade gear. Of course, whenever you run into a char specifically made for PvP you will get your ass handed to you but you should be able to handle regular ones, they have low chaos res, typically no spell block and don't overcap their ele resists much.

Yeah, it's also woefully imbalanced and full of trolls so don't take it seriously.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I like the guys who just run around loading up all the spawn points with clouds of chaos damage. They are my favorite!
Thanks for the advice.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
raics wrote:
Of course, whenever you run into a char specifically made for PvP you will get your ass handed to you but you should be able to handle regular ones, they have low chaos res, typically no spell block and don't overcap their ele resists much.

I AM a regular one.

Tricking players into PvP by offering PvE crafting mods is the dirtiest ..... that GGG ever did.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
I'm kind of glad he doesn't sell any uniques or gems. I can do without the crafting mods.

In spite of all this, GGG's attempt to trick me into doing more PvP might have been successful, if I weren't always the only person in the arena when I go in there. ;)
Wash your hands, Exile!
He offers some niche things for PVE builds, namely the Damage Over Time stuff. Those can be crafted at level 3. That's also the level you get energy shield recharge, but that mod is pretty blah at the moment.

The chance at extra flask charges when getting crit isn't worth it in PVE.

If you're feeling nutty then getting the Reflects Physical Damage on Block mod at level 6 could be combined with Crown of the Pale King on a heavy block build but that is unlikely to be anything more than a curiosity.

His signature mod is 5-15% increased global damage which might be worth it but is unlikely to be something to really seek him out for.

That's it as far as crafting goes. If you want any of his hideout stuff then that's a different matter. His currency discount is useful if you're feeling like you need a load of Regret orbs but you could probably pay someone else a bit of a fee to do the exchange for you.
Last edited by Jackinthegreen on Oct 9, 2015, 10:14:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info