[2.0] Duel Totem Incinerate Str/Armor Witch

This is a build I've been working on. My goal has been to make a build that has the following qualities. I'm looking for some advice to take it to the next level, and refine it into something better.

1. Cheap
2. Easy to level
3. Survival against one shot kills (HC and race/league viable)
4. Capable of farming maps/plains with ease.
5. Learn end game content (Atziri, 80+ maps)

You can play this build as a witch or templar, maybe marauder as well without a major loss of core ability. I chose witch mostly because I hadn't played witches much and wanted to change that.

Final Build

Current Build level 70 (Templar)

Gems
Spoiler

Main Attack:
Spell Totem -> Incinerate -> Fasting Casting -> Faster Projectiles -> Iron Will -> (Fire Pen or Added Chaos) for 6L

Auto Curse:
Reckoning -> Vengeance -> Curse on Hit -> Enfeeble

Cast Curse:
Arc -> Curse on Hit -> Elemental Weakness

Mobility:
Whirling Blade -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify

Self Defense:
Cast When Damage Taken (8) -> Immortal Call (10) -> Increased Duration (10)

Aura's:
Determination and Arctic Armor (Purity of elements if needed)

Golem:
Fire Golem for clearing, Chaos Golem for tough fights

Play Style:
Spoiler
Pretty standard stuff here, you're a duel incinerate totem at the core of this build. Drop totems, arc to curse the pack to lower resists. If anything gets close to hit or range hits you they get enfeeble. If you need it at any time Whirling Blade any target for fortify.

The CWDT/IC is there for "oh crap" moments like a pack of blue range mobs (Titty Bitches!) or some random exile that insta hits you with fast attacks. It's there to stop an onslaught long enough for you to fortify, enfeeble and gtfo with Whirling Blade in the opposite direction.

Gear:
Spoiler
Heartbreaker

Rain of Splinters (a must have for any incin/totem build)

I love the utility of WB with this build, and adding in culling strikes to the totems just makes it a perfect fit.

I've been messing with a Three Dragons, still not sure if it's worth it or not. I want to believe the shocking is causing more damage, but I don't know enough yet to be 100% sure it's effective enough to matter. Stuff dies so fast as it is to know.

Saffell's Frame might be an option, but not sure on the low armor if it's worth it.

Rest of your gear aim for Life/Armor/Resists
Carry two shields, one with high spell damage for clearing/farming and another high armor for boss/melee physical mobs.

Last edited by amkronos on Sep 22, 2015, 1:50:39 AM
or this
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCECych2UQWDI0r7cEBx8CVcaD2zpY7FUqjUkbNtjxbKyY0f1eXaeUfIMRLVNSRZ2a4Ovujxoc3ONqFm_60iSqNumj8lorwxNY5WaeKhO3MYx21abtPJo7gpvhc6IAwGYEs_Af7Dg62CcvkFUaOPiTEMzGrsT2U6UcpwxfCfbUfAYOJ-3-VA3NK1Aczq-nMtFFR4PMPC23Pv4K2L2DX331agGXtFWpcqlyD3GFRtenCPJFOuGmV9rdK3gfx4V7ZlRVrkSrj6ZZ86yqeuZj_TWSTeP-j_6HeyA=

i'm not saying that i agree with it but you can shave at least 5 points 'cause you have some bad pathing there.
also try and get the stats from gear not from the talent tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info