Development Manifesto: Warbands and Tempest Content

Well I didn't expect them to be fully integrated as a constant thing but I hoped they'd become random encounters. I don't know much about warbands but if you had something like a 1% chance of a tempest occurring in an area each hour and then randomly selecting the tempest I think it would make for a fun thing. Could even be just prefix only so it wouldn't be too dramatic, just a little spice.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
You should do a rotation of all the previous leagues in standard/hardcore all the time (or just often) not just warbands. Spice things up a bit.
OK so can you not avoid the elephant in the room when discussing warbands. The absurd rarity of the bosses and unique mods were unbelievable. I can probably count on one finger how many times I saw a unique mod and count how many many bosses I encountered on one hand.
Last edited by AllHailBlobs on Sep 21, 2015, 8:49:04 PM
I agree with some of the other posts here.

Personally I was hoping that both would be added into the core game, but as map only. Not in the respect that they are something that you can roll on a map either through crafting with currency or Zana, but as something that just occurs just like it does in the league, just at a reduced rate, maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of what it does now? or maybe in just the 74+ map tiers so that it will not confuse or complicate players introductions to maps. I feel like most players doing maps at that level are always excited to see something 'extra' pop up in their maps.

It will push players to run maps that they typically wouldn't, and also provide something more to look forward to experiencing in maps. As someone who plays solo, this pushed me to interact with the community more than I typically would.

From what I have been reading the primary complaints about the leagues are Warbands was not enough content to justify a league, and Tempist was annoying while leveling. I rarely if ever remember reading that people would encounter them in maps and be disappointed or bothered that they were encountering them(well aside from drop rates). So why not continue to include them in the part of the game where they would be welcomed.

"
AllHailBlobs wrote:
OK so can you not avoid the elephant in the room when discussing warbands. The absurd rarity of the bosses and unique mods were unbelievable. I can probably count on one finger how many times I saw a unique mod and count how many many bosses I encountered on one hand.

The normal bosses weren't THAT rare. You just had to work with other players in some way to know where they were spawning. There were nearly always at least a couple 4 dot areas up at any time and at least a decent chance of encountering the bosses within those areas.

The chaos warbands were much harder to find, but still if you spent a week or so looking for them, you'd probably have little trouble finding them all at least once to complete the achievement.

The big problem was that even if you DID find them a lot, the uniques dropped so rarely. A low drop rate like that is fine for something that can drop from ANY mob, but when it can only drop from those particular mobs and you need to put that much time into finding them, there should at least be a better chance of getting something when you finally DO find them.

And I think that is the reason so many people disliked Warbands. The core idea of it was good, but the actual implementation wasn't.
/
Last edited by tslt on Jul 14, 2018, 7:36:51 AM
I think it would be aewsome, if permaleagues could have Tempest/Warbands(or any mod from the past?)-weekends or nights.
And perhaps allow those league-specific uniques drop as well? :D
d:-D*
Exactly what I would do with them... with one provision:

Give some of the more popular warbands mods to the crafting tools.
i really liked tempest , sad to see most of it gone :( was nice to have some use for low maps and corrupted area was good . i hope you guys have idea to increase corrupted items for players because almost no one corrupt rares ever (minus bad implicit ones)

i like idea of theme weeks
"
We feel that a "Tempest Week" type of event would probably be too fatiguing to introduce for Standard/Hardcore in the future. Tempest is probably too overwhelming for a mandatory event that players can't opt into.

lol, really?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info