The Wild Strike Duelist! New for 2.1

"
zvoovv wrote:
"
motorlife wrote:
Hi, I'll try this build. What kind of amulet you do recommend?
And second question is: On Double Strike setup you said "5L - WED" does it means with need to use WED or wait for a 6L to use WED?
Same question for the Wild strike setup where you say "for 5L - Faster Attacks"...
Be more especific on that please.

Thanks for the build!

I recommend to use the Astramentis amulet, with this one you dont need to spend passives on dex and int.
For the double strike and wild strike, yes, the last link is for WED and Faster attack.

Thank you! build is going very good so far! lvl 45 yet :P
Last edited by motorlife on Jan 2, 2016, 8:31:26 PM
Why choose a sword over an axe or mace?
Hey man I'm level 53 and the build is working surprisingly well! The wildstrike skill is a lot of fun to use. I've got shitty equipment and I haven't even put the defense gems, so I'm very squishy, but my DPS is insane for my level (cruel act 4). Once I get better equipment and put in the defensive gems, I'm gonna be tanky and still deal a nice amount of damage!

Overall, the build is working wonders and I'm very happy with it.

Just one little question: Since I have to reserve my mana for herald of ash AND anger, little mana is left for the wildstrike. The ring you recommended is AWESOME, but it's a little too expensive for my condition (I'm relatively new to the game so I only have like 1 exalted and 50 chaos). Could you please recommend me cheaper alternatives for maintaining my mana pool?

Thanks a lot!
"
guidulove wrote:
Hey man I'm level 53 and the build is working surprisingly well! The wildstrike skill is a lot of fun to use. I've got shitty equipment and I haven't even put the defense gems, so I'm very squishy, but my DPS is insane for my level (cruel act 4). Once I get better equipment and put in the defensive gems, I'm gonna be tanky and still deal a nice amount of damage!

Just one little question: Since I have to reserve my mana for herald of ash AND anger, little mana is left for the wildstrike. The ring you recommended is AWESOME, but it's a little too expensive for my condition (I'm relatively new to the game so I only have like 1 exalted and 50 chaos). Could you please recommend me cheaper alternatives for maintaining my mana pool?

Thanks a lot!

The mainly item of thia build is the torment thief ring, its a necessary one, and you can buy one for about 20c. Untill you have one you can just use mana flasks.
"
zvoovv wrote:
"
guidulove wrote:

Thanks a lot!

The mainly item of thia build is the torment thief ring, its a necessary one, and you can buy one for about 20c. Untill you have one you can just use mana flasks.

Yeah I just got on merciless and I bought the ring with a decent roll for 15 chaos. The build feels MUCH better sustain-wise. Now I just need to cap my resistances, get the defense gems, slot and link equips and GG. This build is awesome, I'm having a lot of fun! Thanks man. Will come here to give more feedback when I reach higher levels.

EDIT: I started mapping today and your build is working wonders :) I got a very high dps sword from my friend with 5L and my tooltip dps boosted to almost 20k, and at the same time I'm very tanky because of the support gems and tree. I can recommend this build to anyone
Last edited by guidulove on Jan 3, 2016, 8:06:23 PM
If you do not have a thief's ring you can grab Revelry (dualist area, near the bottom) and it sustains the build quite well, picking up some Sliterpunch gloves works at lower levels too (hp+mana leech)
Can't say I like that you use leap slam to apply curses and Fortify.

Last edited by Harctor on Jan 4, 2016, 1:08:13 PM
So far the build has been succesful, good clearing and working towards improving +life and resistances.

Is there an alternative to leap slam cursing? While you land you have eaten a good amount of damage, with and slow attack and small radius i'd like to know another ways to enter the fray...maybe a flicker strike+fortify? Or a Blasphemy combo?

"
Niude wrote:
So far the build has been succesful, good clearing and working towards improving +life and resistances.

Is there an alternative to leap slam cursing? While you land you have eaten a good amount of damage, with and slow attack and small radius i'd like to know another ways to enter the fray...maybe a flicker strike+fortify? Or a Blasphemy combo?

I'll try to find an alternative way to improve it, and I'll post it here. Flicker strike sounds interesting... you can always try and share with us!
edit
Last edited by Harctor on Jan 12, 2016, 2:36:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info