[2.0 Warbands] Ele Crit Split

Hello. Welcome to my guide for the Ele Crit Split Ranger.

---Quick info on the state of my current character---

- lvl92
- 15-20ex overall cost
- SA (Chain): 63k dps; Frenzy: 163k dps; 79% Crit Chance
- 4.1k life, 9.9k evasion, Acro+Phase Acro
- 45% MS (65% with Devoto's)

---Video---

Dried Lake Gem XP Speed Run - Using Devoto's
Arid Lake Clear - Harder map, using Alpha's

---Tree---

Tree

5 Jewel slots. Using Static Electricity in the slot right above Ranger start, and also Assassin's Haste purely for movement speed.

---Gear---

Godly Gearz

Jewels:

Jewels

A 4 stat jewel, or a good 3 stat jewel will beat Static Electricity.

For gem speed running and trashy low-mid lvl maps as well I switch to Devoto's Devotion for higher clear speed. For more gear discussion check bellow.

---Gem Setups---

5L: SA+Chain+BM+LL+WED; 6L: FA/Slower Proj/Added Light
5L: Frenzy+BM+Slower Proj+FA+WED; 6L: Added Light/LL
Alpha's 4L: Wrath+Anger+Vaal Haste+Enlighten (lvl3); Devoto's 4L: Wrath+HoT+Vaal Hate+Inc Dur
4L: BM+Ice Golem+Blood Rage+Ele Weakness
4L: HoI+CoH+Ass Mark; Blink Arrow

Lvl3 Enlighten is necessary only if you want to use Elemental Weakness. It allows you to move Blink Arrow to a non-BM link slot and cast it using mana.

---Stats---

SA DPS

Frenzy DPS

Defense

---Bandits---

Normal: Passive/Oak
Cruel: Passive/Kraitlyn
Merciless: Kraitlyn

Took 2 passives. The 8% AS is very trade-able, though, once you get past lvl91.

---Leveling---

Have no clue. Just wing it somehow. Storm Cloud -> Death's Harp -> Whatever you can find. Start with HoT+Wrath. Tree is fairly flexible, you can go where-ever you want first. Probably you would want to take the projectile nodes at the beginning first and re-spec later.

---Actually playing---

What you need to remember to be successful with this build:

1. ?

2. Profit

3. Just don't get hit by stuffz

4. Reflect is not a problem when using SA only, but is sort of dangerous when single targeting with Frenzy

5. Frenzy without linked LL is gonna deplete your life rapidly, especially when used in combination with Blood Rage. Be ready for it (and use at least one non or semi-instant flask).

6. Impossible map mods: Blood Magic, Ele Reflect

7. Good Map mods: Any dmg mods (well, at least comparably :> )

8. Running Blood Rage in maps with extreme backtracking or with Vulnerability, or Desecrated Ground is somewhat questionable

9. You need 155 int to run Wrath. You could use Fertile Mind to get it, but in my opinion you are better off getting it on gear and get a dps jewel instead. Your call.

---More gear discussion---

--Alpha's vs Rat's Nest vs Devoto's Devotion--

Alpha's allows you (together with Charisma for 3 points) to run Wrath+Anger+HoI. That combination gives about 10% more dps compared to Wrath+HoI+HoT with Rat's Nest and about 15% more compared to Devoto's Devotion.

However, in terms of clear speed (at least for lvl65-74 content), the order is reversed, with Devoto's being the fastest and Alpha's being the slowest.

In the end I felt Alpha's was the best all around option, with the most dps (possibly comparable clear speed in high end maps, more dps in parties) and also the best defenses (Cannot Be Frozen frees a flask slot, Chill avoidance is nice and you get a resist that allows you better options in other slots). Rat's Nest is still a great option, of course, and frees three skill points for you to spend as you wish (probably would go either for 3x4% AS nodes in Shadow, or for either Acuity or Depth Perception). Devoto's is a decent option if you are on a budget and the best for dealing with trashy content very quickly.

--Maligaro's vs Rare Gloves vs Facebreakers--

With Maligaro's being expensive at the moment, rare gloves might be a necessity. Look for attack speed, accuracy and flat ele dmg. They might also be an option if you are looking for more life and defense. If you wanna go the other way, however, then Facebreakers give the most dps out of the three.

--Rare bow vs Windripper--

After the recent Windripper nerfs and ele bows buffs, it's become very possible to get a bow with similar dps to a Windripper, but much cheaper. My bow, for example, gives pretty much the exact same dps as a TOP ROLLED Windripper. Otherwise, Windrippers range from about 10%-0% less dps. So please stop calling all Crit Ele Bow builds Windripper builds :p. Of course, if a Windripper dropped I would use it instead of my bow - just because of the extra rarity -, but perhaps it's not so wise to pay 3-5x as much for it. Legacy Windripper is still the king, though.

--Movement Speed--

This build is slightly lacking in the movement speed gained from the tree department, so any
movement speed you can get is great. 30% MS boots are a must. Furthermore, consider crafting or corrupting 5% MS on your amulet, and crafting 5% MS on your belt. Hopefully you will have more luck with getting the right gear than me :-).

That's it. Enjoy.
Last edited by Cabesi on Sep 12, 2015, 3:51:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info