[2.0.3][Tempest]Odirs Stacker - 1h ele cyc,reave,ic etc./mantra of flames 34k+dps&more treats

Update2: Added Section about other Main Skill choices
Update: Added Video:lvl85 doing a 76 Gorge

Hey there sir's and madam's,

I wanted to share this build with all of you, just because I'm having alot of fun with it and its interesting how every single aspect works so well together. Bare in mind, I have still alot to upgrade, like quality gems or 21 gems and gear. nowhere near full potential

How did this build came to life?

Well I was kinda getting bored of my Incinerate build, and I thought about doing a dualwield crit elemental build in tempest. As it didnt felt quite right I decided arround merc dried lake to respecc into dual wield resolute technique, wasn't quite happy with the survivability so I did some brainstorming and came up with this. *Disclaimer* I have no idea if a build like this is already arround or not, and I'm sure alot of builds are allready integrating the same mechanics, but you know, every build is unique on its own, so idc really...*

Basic mechanic brakedown and explenation:

So this build uses a high edps foil (potentially +2 weapon range) with a shield. I think its the best choice for survivability without that much dps loss. Its a build designed for hc, so yeah no hyaon's fury... Basicly we stack ar+ev because of iron reflexes to gain alot of armour and take a couple shield block nodes ontop of a rumi to be block capped.
Also we are running Bloodrage for frenzy charges and the attackspeed. Because we will be using Darkrays we gain 14-16% dodge ontop of the +1/+1 frenzy charges. For dps we are stacking flat and % elemental damage where we can and stack alot of buffs for mantra of flames.
So the basic of this build is stacking everything together to achieve high survivability while still doing respectable damage and being not that expensive at all.

Pros&Cons
Pros:
-Versatile, works with different Main Skills such as reave/ice crash/specc throw etc.
-Respectable DPS
-Awesome survivability (10k+AR/75Block with Rumis/Little Bit Spell Block/14%+Dodge/6k+Life)
-Interesting Mechanics
-Fast Gameplay
-Relatively Cheap (only thing expensive is devotos/6l/Mantra of Flames and a good foil basicly, but you dont need the 6l or anything for the build to work, a 5l&rares is just as fine!)
-different then the regular axe cyclone fom builds ;)

Cons
-cant rly do reflect or no regen/bm maps (maybe with lgoh, didnt test map refl yet)
-desecrated ground ontop of less regen is painfull
-without buffs takes one or two (srsly only one or two) seconds rampup time
-its not a ranged build, so beware of them heralds&bearers!!

Passive Tree

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill
Merci: Krait

Current Gear
Spoiler

still trying to get +1 darkrays and better jewelry and stuff.

Gear Choices:
Spoiler
Weapon: Just high as possible edps Foil and try to craft +2 weapon range on it

Chest: Rare AR or AR/EV with life + res - endgame Lightning Coil

Helm: Devotos - Gives us everything a cycloner wants and we dont loose dps like phys builds do

Boots: Darkrays - +1 frenzy / dodge / 40%ms if we get a +1 corruption

Gloves: Rare Gloves with life / flat elemental damage / attack speed / res

Belt: Rare belt with life + res + wed

jewelry: rare life + flat/wed + res try to get int on neck/rings

shield: high ev/ar with life +res and possible block or wed craftable

Main Skill Choice
Spoiler
Basicly what it comes down to, is your personal preference. I tried Ice Crash/Reave/Specc Throw/Cleave etc. The Support Skills change depending on the choice you make. For aoe clearspeed i feel reave+vaal reave is a strong contestant if not superior to cyclone, the strongest overall skill in my opinion for aoe and single target still is cyclone, so thats what i went with.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Chest

Cyclone - Blood Magic - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage - Fortify - Added Lightning // Drop Added Lighnting for 5l

Helm

Blood Magic - Faster Attacks - Whirling Blades - lvl1 clarity

Boots

Blood Magic - Ele Weakness - Rallying Cry - Blood Rage

Gloves

CWDT - Tempest Shield - Immortal Call - Inc Duration

Weapon

Anger - Inc Duration - Vaal Haste

Shield

Wrath - CWDT - Summon Flame Golem

Flasks
Spoiler
- Rumis or Granite
- Quicksilver with MS/Shock removal
- Instant with Freeze removal
- Instant with Bleed removal
- Topaz of Warding (For Reflect and Heralds)

Jewels
Spoiler
1x Static Electricity between Scion Duellist
1x Mantra of Flames
Rest just rare life/attack speed/area dmg or any kind thats available to you

Sceenshot of O&D Tabs
Spoiler
Offense

Offense with Vaal haste

Defense

Defense with a Rumis

Buff Stacking&Calc Mantra Damage
Spoiler
Anger
Wrath
Clarity
Blood Rage
Fortify
Tempest Shield
Golem
Ral Cry
Onslaught

9x8-12 =72-108 (21 anger gives 89–148) so close free anger ;)

Videos
Spoiler
lvl85 doing a 76 Gorge
I will be updating with more videos as leveling continues.

Q/A

Spoiler
First one I'll answer straight away: Is it Atziri viable? - Most likely, I'm still leveling and gearing. But I dont see any reasons why not. Uber? No...

"
Just respecced my scion on standard into this and having loads of fun! was wondering why no heralds instead of an aura?

if you run solo mostly heralds will be more convenient for cursing enemies with ele weakness, i run in a grp mostly with a support, but in the end even solo you will most likely only need to curse bosses or high res rares like necros. anger in the end gives you more dmg

Thanks for reading.

More information and videos will be added later if they are needed or requested.
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Sep 12, 2015, 3:13:46 PM
Oh man you leaked your OP build NOOOOOOOO.
Jk good post bro BOTW INC
:^) (Smiley Face)
Last edited by BiggestE on Sep 12, 2015, 8:37:58 AM
Just respecced my scion on standard into this and having loads of fun! was wondering why no heralds instead of an aura?
"

if you run solo mostly heralds will be more convenient for cursing enemies with ele weakness, i run in a grp mostly with a support, but in the end even solo you will most likely only need to curse bosses or high res rares like necros. anger in the end gives you more dmg.
interesting build!
Hi ! Nice build. I'm lvling a duelist atm. I have a question, how can you have Wrath, Anger, Tempest Shield and clarity lvl 1 without aura node ?
I see you are running everything on blood magic. So whats the point of that lvl 1 clarity ? Is it just for mantra ?
"
Viramis wrote:
Hi ! Nice build. I'm lvling a duelist atm. I have a question, how can you have Wrath, Anger, Tempest Shield and clarity lvl 1 without aura node ?

"
RocketRandom wrote:
I see you are running everything on blood magic. So whats the point of that lvl 1 clarity ? Is it just for mantra ?

sry for the late response, 1. tempest shield no longer reserves mana, its triggered via cast when damage taken, 2. to answer both your questions, clarity lvl1 is running on bloomagic gem for the extra buff for mantra of flames, it only reserves arround 60 life which is totally worth the dps increase.
Hey, I leveled with this guide and wanted to give a bit of feedback and my experience for anyone looking to follow it too.

I started in Darkshrine HC and Cruel/the start of Merciless was really hard for me. I tried both elemental Split Arrow and Cyclone, but it was quite annoying because I had so little dps. The first links for cyclone need to be Blood Magic/LGoH because you can't sustain the mana cost and if you don't run LGoH you lose a lot of life, so you basically have no damage support until you get a 4link, and even then it's quite mediocre. (btw I wasn't even close to be able to sustain with Life Leech, LGoH was miles better. I actually have to test it now that I have decent dps) Though the build lacked dps, the safety was excellent, I wasn't ever in real danger to die.

It started to shine when I was able to purchase a 350 edps Foil at around 60 and got Mantra of Flame and Static Electricity. At 64 I was unfortunately sent to Standard by some blue Vaal Fallen and a Rare with +phys Aura, getting twoshotted within half a second. I equipped a few better gear pieces (Devoto/Daresso's Defiance/2 pieces with +elemental weapon damage) and right now I'm just cruising through the content. At 71 I'm usually around 11k dps and moving around the map like a lightning. I really like the feel and safety of the build; with 4k life neither Dominus' nor Voll's "Oneshot"-abilities were able to kill me. (I have relatively low life because I have basically no life on 3 of my gear pieces. :/)

I made a few modifications - instead of using Fortify with my main skill I linked it with Whirling Blades and used Cyclone - LGoH - BM - WED - Faster Attacks, though I didn't test if Added Lightning is better (because I forgot to level it lol). But I really love the absurd amount of attack speed I can achieve; right now I attack 3.5 times per second. I don't use a manual curse because I'm already almost instakilling anything, I just have a Warlord's Mark in my CWDT. I'm also not yet using Darkray Vectors because I would need to replace my chest for something with resistances, and I don't have decent 5link laying around. It's on my to-do list though; I don't think that Daresso's Defiance is great for this build - no resistances, only a mediocre life roll and I would get Endurance Charges through my Warlord's Mark anyway. The only plus is that Onslaught has a pretty high uptime.
I'm also running Anger/HoI/HoA instead of Wrath, because you would need 2 or even 3 gear pieces with int rolls on it and both +30 int nodes to hit the 155 int required for lvl 20 Wrath... and I don't feel that this effort is worth it.

Everything considered, this is one of the best builds I've ever followed and I really enjoyed it after hitting 60. Looking forward to take it into higher level maps.

Here's my gear for anyone interested:

Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
Last edited by Shaileen on Nov 19, 2015, 5:34:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info