[2.0]Klino's 79% Pierce Kinetic Blast CoC

so the probability to run this build is 1/500000 ??

thats nice...even 5 offcolors is hard to get.

why blood rage ? you have no regen and seem to rely on flasks and in the clip your hp is dropping very fast (combination of bloodrage and mobs damage)

it would be easier to have a frenzy skill linked with coc and some utility skills.

how is this reflect proof ? just because of those two purities ? i fail to see how can you manage a hard map with elem reflect and other mods.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
so the probability to run this build is 1/500000 ??

thats nice...even 5 offcolors is hard to get.

why blood rage ? you have no regen and seem to rely on flasks and in the clip your hp is dropping very fast (combination of bloodrage and mobs damage)

it would be easier to have a frenzy skill linked with coc and some utility skills.

how is this reflect proof ? just because of those two purities ? i fail to see how can you manage a hard map with elem reflect and other mods.

He has a decent amount of Life Leech through Doryani + Warlord's mark and can afford spamming his Life flask to counteract blood rage. Frenzy instead of Kinetic Blast would kill this build's DPS: you'd only get a fraction of the procs and therefore a fraction of the damage. Frenzy in a different item used just to maintain Frenzy charges would also reduce your DPS because you still need to cast it: Blood Rage doesn't have this issue, and also increases your attack speed, at the sole cost of a life degen which is hardly anything compared to the fluctuations of life you get from being hit by mobs and leeching life. It's a small added noise that might be roughly equivalent to having a maybe 2% smaller total health pool in terms of survivability, considering that in combat, he caps his health (via leech or flasks) more than once per second.

It's reflect proof against random Ele Reflect rares, not in Ele Reflect maps (he explicitly discourages running Ele Reflect maps in the guide). That's due to the combination of the purities with flasks. He has 13% additional cold res from his Taste of Hate with the Witch nodes bonus, plus 4% from Purity, totaling 92% Cold Resistance. The risk of getting killed by an Ele Reflect rare is pretty low, because in most cases, you'll be hurting yourself on the rare, but leech from his whole group due to the CwdT curse setup, and the high resistance you get even this out. It makes it much more forgiving than if these defenses weren't there. That doesn't mean that you can't die to Reflect: it means that you won't die to Reflect if you play the build properly.
thks for the detailed reply Lay.

it seems i did not read the part about ele reflect maps.

about bloodrage it depends on what do you want and how you play. do you like

- a permanent small added noise translated into 2% reduced life pool

- throw your wand every 2-3 packs using the frenzy skill
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Nice build! will try this one. Nice call for my GPU :)
And waiting ending of the build.
Last edited by death1992 on Sep 11, 2015, 7:54:33 AM
hey realy nice build i copy it but i play HC and go mor in defence ... have you a good idea which passive nots ar moste importent for hc in this build ?
I usually play SC so my experience with HC is very limited. To make this build more tanky you have to trade damage for additional defence. The obvious choices to get more life are the scion life wheel, the purity of flesh cluster near sovereignty and the heart and soul cluster in the witch area. I would drop some spell crit nodes in favor of life.
Gear wise I would recommend using a saffell's frame over a spelldmg/crit shield to be less affected by reflect. You can also use a rare helmet and gloves over rat's nest and maligaro's for more life.
If you are using a 5 off colour chest you might get some survivability from there. I haven't found the time to add a tree and gem recommendations yet but you basically have two options:
You can either go into the templar/marauder area of the tree to get some more life/armour/strength and use iron will, this will leave less skill points for crit.
Or you can put warlord's mark into the red socket which allows you to leech more reliably, always have full endurance charges and run a higher level CWDT - Immortal Call.

edit: added atziri video and instructions
Last edited by klinolol on Sep 24, 2015, 10:39:04 AM
Nice build!! I'm also using this build and doing well. (I only got a 5 off-color lioneye's vision GGBBBR) I put life leech/empower in the red socket and just 2 spells in link. It still works well :)

I watched the atziri video, it's kind of easy. Just want to know if you will take a righteous fire for damage boost ? I think the blood rage is not good for doing bosses (especially uber)

I modified the tree to get 4% mana reserved (totally 18%, we still can turn on 2 purities/2 hearalds). And changed the link on head: Summon ice golem-Righteous Fire-Purity of Fire-Purity of Ice

Weapon link: Vaal Grace-Vaal Haste-Increased duration (Vaal gem can switch to blood rage if we want)

Any comment?
Righteous fire is definitely an option for bosses, as you mentioned Blood Rage doesn't really do much for boss fights. I tried running RF for normal mapping using a Rise of the Phoenix for 100% fire res with a ruby flask up but it felt too clunky. But you should be able to sustain it for boss fights rather easily. I ran Atziri exactly two times with this character so I didn't really try much.
For normal mapping Blood Rage is pretty nice. 20% attack speed + frenzy charges are very nice. But you could always find another way to generate frenzy charges.
How is mana sustain with life leech if I may ask? It's another 140% multiplier whereas if you would use Warlord's Mark in your CoC setup you wouldn't get any increases in mana cost.
I used both :D

I almost followed your build: double curse (assassin's mark, warlord's mark) / EB / jewel with (- mana cost*1 , +3 ES on hit *3) . I didn't find that I have any problem for sustaining mana pool. This build is really awesome !

Now my biggest problem is my HP is so low because my level is only 78 and I tossed on almost dmg/crit nodes at first. I would get one-shot by boss :P Otherwise, there is no problem when doing maps.

I will farm the level up and start to toss the HP nodes.
Well i use this build with tabula rasa for now because i cannot afford such armor and i like it.
Really fun to play build.
You stack power charge with the barrage skill right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info