[2.0] The Divine Pyromaniac, a Righteous Fire and Incinerate build

This is an Incinerate build that utilizes Righteous Fire for more damage, and also to do damage with it. This build will also allow you to do horrifying map mods after turning off Righteous Fire, for stuff like lesser regen, vulnerability and -max resist by utilizing a huge life pool, and massive regeneration.

Pros
Spoiler
Feels good
Allows use of Divine Righteous Fire MTX
Decent map clear speed
Allows you to run almost every map mod, even blood magic and reflect elemental with the right gem swaps
Mega huge life pool, as well as huge regen

Cons
Spoiler
You have to switch off Righteous Fire for -max resist, vulnerability and less regen, there is no way around this. You will still have good DPS to handle the maps WITHOUT Righteous Fire.
No regen maps are not recommended as you lose your huge life regeneration, but can be done
Gear can be a bit expensive going into late game (76+ maps)
Elreon rings are HEAVILY recommended, you need at least one piece, or a combination of -14 in total.
You can only start using RF when Purity of Fire hits level 17.

Passive tree

48 points tree

80 points tree

91 points tree

111 points tree, considered complete

Bandits: Help oak, point, point

Required Unique

Leveling guide

As long as you have Elreon rings, you can start leveling with Incinerate as soon as the gem is available. Slap on Incinerate with Lesser Multiple Projectiles, go crazy with it. If this is your 2nd build, I heavily recommend that you buy a version with QUALITY. This will increase Incinerate’s range and will greatly increase your clear speed.Grab flame totem, use incinerate and just power your way through. Will it cost you a pretty amount of chaos? Sure it will. But it will make leveling less painful.

Maths

You can only start using Righteous Fire ~ 70 when your Purity of Fire hits 17 for 3% to max fire resist. If your fire resist is not 87%, please do not use Righteous Fire. Look at the 90 points tree for an idea what your stats should be at level 70. The calculation is 75 + 1 + 8 + 3, which adds up to 87%. Your righteous fire will burn for (100-87) * 0.9 = 11.7% of your life, and the tree at level 91 is 12.1% regen, just make sure you don’t have a lot of fancy energy shield gear, and the only source of energy shield is coming from your Rise of the Phoenix shield.

Gem links

5L/6L: Incinerate + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Iron Will + Faster Casting (Faster Projectiles)
4L: Cast when Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste
4L: Purity of Fire + Vitality + Arctic Armour + Elemental Weakness
4L: Flame Dash + Faster Casting + (Enduring Cry or Decoy Totem or Blind) or Flame Totem
3L: Righteous Fire + Increased Area of Effect + Increased Burning Damage
3L: Summon Chaos Golem + Blood Magic + Minion Life (Or Clarity)

Just some things to note:
Vitality is purely optional, I keep it on to swap around if I want a bit more regen in those low regen maps and I’m not enfeebled. It’s really nice in a party.

You can opt to use Clarity + Blood Magic if you need more regeneration to support your Incinerate. Just keep it to level 8-11, run it on blood magic. This should solve many of your mana issues when you are adjusting your Elreon gear.

Another offensive combination would be to just use Anger + Purity of Fire. A level 20 Anger will give you nearly 3k more dps on tooltip.

Gearing Advice

I recommend everything to be armour based. Cap your resists, overcap if possible. Ensure every gear on you has a life roll. If you can get strength on your helmet, get some. For gloves, get life and as much dex as possible, like 40+ to cope with the demands of LMP and Vaal Haste. Belt is easy, just get as much life as possible, or look for a leather belt base with a huge strength roll in 45+, and craft life in for cheap.

Now for the tricky part, which is the accessories. I recommend at least having ONE ring with -8, augment and craft in life, and hope for good stats on it. To keep mana cost to a tolerable level, a -8 and -7 is the minimum if you want to spam without running Clarity. Having a crafted Elreon life roll should be sufficient to hit 6k life near level 8x. Hitting the intelligence requirement is going to be a bit of a hassle, but it’s doable.

Wand is a bit easier to shop for. Priority is flat fire spell damage, cast speed, projectile speed, spell damage. If possible just look for one where you can craft in the spell damage, and get really high flat fire damage. Be warned that stuff like Profane and Prophecy wands are nice, but they have a HUGE intelligence requirement.

Crafting

If you want to craft your own wand, get an i84 imbued wand (chance to get Merciless or Runic, roll till you get flat fire spell damage rolls like Cremating, augment and pray for a cast speed or projectile speed roll, then regal and hope for a projectile speed or spell damage roll.

For your Elreon ring, make sure you do your Elreon dailies. He will be selling rings, and I recommend augmenting and praying for a good suffix, then regal. If the ring or amulet is -7 or -8, and you get a good suffix, regal it. Even if it doesn't get get one, regal it. I would not regal a -6 if it came with a terrible augment like life regeneration.

Jewels are probably the most fun part for this build as you have many choices. You can get more damage, cast speed, projectile damage, even mana cost reduction on them, but I highly recommend that whatever you pick, either defensive or offensive stats wise, make sure it comes with a life roll. Righteous Fire damage scales off your life, plus the 2 sockets available to us are extremely efficient for 1 point, it’s like getting 5-7% life for 1 point.

Happy crafting.

My gear
Spoiler

FAQ
Spoiler
Q: Why am I still taking damage from Righteous Fire?
A: Make sure you have enough regeneration from the passive tree @ 91 points, and purity of fire is at level 17.

Q: I’m still taking damage from Righteous Fire!
A: Check your passive tree and your Purity of Fire, and check the amount of energy shield you have.

Gameplay video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsL8HjaBB3c
Just a typical run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3UMVxJJV04
Righteous Fire + Vulnerability run in Canyon.
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Sep 11, 2015, 1:46:15 AM
This video does not exist.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
This video does not exist.

Does it work now? It was missing an alphabet.
it works... however one small thing about this clip .... do you ever use flame dash ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
it works... however one small thing about this clip .... do you ever use flame dash ?

I do! But I use it mostly when I am trying to scram away after opening a strongbox.

What are the Advantages/Disadvantages of this build compared to the RF cyclone (curse on hit and EE) build?

is the damage, survivability, item cost much different?

Can one do something better than the other?
"
DarkCalamity wrote:

What are the Advantages/Disadvantages of this build compared to the RF cyclone (curse on hit and EE) build?

I've never done RF cyclone before, you might want to compare the pros and cons with RF cyclone builds.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
DarkCalamity wrote:

I've never done RF cyclone before, you might want to compare the pros and cons with RF cyclone builds.

A lot of the Pro's and Con's are similar. I guess incinerate gets more flat damage while cyclone debuff's enemy's first. I wonder which is more effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3UMVxJJV04

I figured out how to run Righteous Fire with Vulnerability, just make sure your Vitality is level 19.
Senpai your build is so OP.
[IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/op_clover/sda_zpslz1gq2re.png[/IMG]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info