My Divination Card, Pride Before The Fall

"
ivqancorp wrote:
"
freykin wrote:

Last summer I discovered that I have an enlarged aortic root, along with having Marfan Syndrome. I don't show the typical signs of someone with Marfan Syndrome, besides being tall and near sighted, so I slipped past being diagnosed with it until I went and saw a cardiologist for an unrelated issue. My aortic root was extremely dilated, at a size of 5.2 cm. Due to this and having Marfan Syndrome, I had to undergo heart surgery to avoid having an aortic dissection, or god forbid, an aortic burst.

Dude were on Grey's Anatomy a few months ago? They had a patient with the same thing. At one point Dr. Yang says, "How could we miss this? Dammit we are surgeons!" And, then Dr. Grey says, "It's easy to miss Christina, don't be so hard on yourself."

Probably more than a couple months ago since Yang character isnt on the show for like a year.
Wow man cool story. Best wishes to full recovery
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
@OP: Your story really hits close to home for me. I was wrongfully diagnosed with Marfans in the late 90's and had to undergo tests just about every two weeks for almost half a year, was one of the scariest times of my life. I can't even begin to imagine having to face it if I would have turned out positive for it.

Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing your story!
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Nice to know you were treated well by GGG and enjoyed the process. Sounds like fun. As for the "corrupted heart", that sounds like a nightmare. I wish you all the best in dealing with that condition. Thanks for sharing your story, greatly appreciated.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
OP I am curious if you backed specifically for the div card or was that just icing?

+1 to awesome story and best wishes to you and your family.
Wow freykin, thank you for sharing. I wish you all the best on your journey to recovery.
#NeverGoing90
Wow, there's still comments coming in here! Didn't expect that.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes; I'm doing quite a bit better now, and recently managed to go 1.35 miles on a treadmill at physical therapy. I still have the burning in the legs feeling, but it takes longer to happen and isn't as severe. I still can't do a full grocery trip, but I can go into most stores to grab something specific and make it back out before it's too tiring.

Muir, best of luck on finishing the set!

Ivqancorp, no, I had no idea they did an episode like that. I'll have to check it out, how odd that they'd choose Marfan Syndrome; it's not widely talked about.

ShovelCut that must have been terrifying! I'm so glad that it turned out negative for you; It's been a pretty crazy past year for me with it all, but thankfully my surgery went well despite the dissection, so I no longer need to worry about it being a problem. I still have twice yearly scans for probably the rest of my life, but that's not so bad.

Xexist, I probably would have backed at this level either way, due to business being fantastic last year at the small company I work at, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as personal as it turned out to be.

I played a ton during Warbands, and have been casually playing the Flashback and Darkshrine events. Really looking forward to Talisman!
Anybody got any help on farming this card. The whole level restriction part, wonder if it's even worth it. Love the card btw, just wish I wouldnt have to kill myself before i level to keep from getting a nerf lol
So glad to hear you are doing well freykin! I think about you from time to time and every time I see a Kaom's heart. Thank you so much for sharing your personal story and creating such a wonderful card for the community.
"
Anybody got any help on farming this card. The whole level restriction part, wonder if it's even worth it.
it is
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info