[2.0][Marauder/Templar/Scion] The righteous tourist

Hello everyone,

Today, we'll be looking at my own version of the Righteous Fire build : the Righteous Tourist.

So first, the pros and cons :

+ No dexterity. At all. Not even a single node on the passive tree. Forget about this crappy stat.
+ Intelligence not required on equipment either.
+ Only mandatory unique dirt-cheap.
+ Possibly the highest life achievable.
+ 5/6 links not necessary (Kaom is a good choice, but not a necessity).
+ Resistances easily maxed out.
+ Immunity to Corrupted Blood.
+ Immunity to damage reflection.
+ High fire resistance.
+ No mana required (only reservation).
+ You don't need to stay still to damage enemies.

- Vulnerable to damage surges.
- A little slow.
- Can be a little boring.
- Requires 2 BBBR items.

So, first, here's the full passive build.
The build is taking the life reward from the bandit Oak in normal, then twice the passive point.

As for the gems my version is using (parentheses denote that these are just a nice plus to have) :
Righteous Fire + Increased Burning Damage + Increased Area of Effect + Concentrated Effect
Purity of Fire + Vitality + (Empower)
Cast When Damage Taken + Ice Nova + Curse On Hit + Flammability => Ice Nova needs to remain within the bounds of Cast When Damage Taken, while Flammability needs to have a higher level.
Cast When Damage Taken + Summon Flame Golem/Summon Chaos Golem + (Any boost to the golem)
(Cast When Damage Taken) + (Immortal Call) + (Tempest Shield) + (Increased Duration)

Equipment :

This item is mandatory. The bonus to max fire res is what makes your character able to regenerate more life than it takes from Righteous Fire.

For all other items, just focus on getting as much life as possible while keeping your resistances maxed out. Prefer full armour items to energy shield hybrids when you can, as energy shield is more damage you deal to yourself without regenerating it back, but don't hesitate to use the hybrids if you are low on chromes.
Additional elemental or fire damage is nice, but spell damage is useless. Don't forget that your weapon is not for hitting, so weapon damage is useless.
Make sure not to add fire damage to your spells, as Ice Nova would then reduce the damage dealt by Righteous Fire instead of increasing it.

As for the flasks, make sure to have a Ruby Flask. Life flasks are of course necessary (I personally go for
), and you'll have one or two slots remaining for whatever utility you like to use.
Divination Distillate is a very good choice if you can get your hands on it, for the increase in maximum resistances. The extra loot is a nice side-effect.

The build is rather simple to play : activate your auras and righteous fire when entering the instance, then get near the enemies to damage them while making sure not to take the dangerous hits and falling back if you are under too heavy fire.

As for the leveling :
Start off with a nice damaging skill. I used Molten Strike (with Curse On Hit and Flammability), but lots of choices are possible. Focus on getting to all life regeneration nodes as quickly as possible. You shouldn't need to take nodes that aren't part of the build.
When you start having nice regeneration and purity of fire, start switching to Righteous Fire. You'll then be using Righteous Fire for short durations and falling back or feeding it with your flasks. When you are falling back to stop Righteous Fire, absolutely make sure that no enemy is nearby, especially ranged attackers. You're at your most vulnerable when letting Righteous Fire end by lack of fuel.
Finally, at level 65, you'll be able to equip Rise of the Phoenix and permanently sustain Righteous Fire. Don't forget that you're not immortal, and everything should be fine.

There we are, you have the main information about this "fun" build.
Here's a Temporal Chains level 76 map.
Here's a little video showing you a typical Haku mission.
And here's a little video for a Zana daily.
[Placeholder for questions and answers. All comments are welcome, even trolls.]
Thx for the guide. Can you show gameplay and your gear in video(75+ maps or Atziri)?
I'll try to make a video. Don't expect a monstrous build, though. And expect poor skill from me. :-S
just make usual gameplay video:)
A Haku mission added, a lvl 72 Zana mission incoming.

I'll try to post the level 75/76 maps on sunday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info