[2.0] Fire Lord (1M+ peak dps)(CI, Incinerate, VMS, Pledge, Scold's Bridle, Emberwake, Taming)

Hi, I've decided to post this to show off my build because it's almost done/perfect and won't get better any time soon.

All keywords would be: CI, Vaal Pact, Ghost Reaver, Incinerate, VMS, Pledge, Scold's Bridle, Emberwake, Taming

Please note that this is NOT a guide and this build is not even close to be based on low budget.

PROS and CONS

+ Huge damage, fast clear speed.
+ No problem with lower regen and no regen map mods.
+ No problem with reflect
+ Using interesting and rare mechanics

- Kinda squishy - not HC viable
- Ele status immunity is annoying (Atziri, map mods). It doesn't couter the build completely since your tooltip dps is good anyway. It is... just annoying
- Curse immunity, similar to Ele status imminuty - annoying but doable.
- Can't do Blood Magic and Ele Reflect combined with -max resists.
- Multi-phase and long-lasting encounters are annoying because of short duration of VMS (Core, Atziri, Palace)

GEAR

GEMS

Note that x means it doesnt matter what lvl/quality the gem have. It simply doesn't improve anything. Perfect example is Life Leech where level and quality is rendered useless because of Vaal Pact.

6s Weapon: Life Leech x/x, Mana Leech 21/20, Icinerate 21/20, LMP 20/23, Faster Casting 20/23, Faster Projectiles 20/23

6s Chest: CWDT 1/20, Arc 8/0, Arc x/x, CoH 20/20, Warlord's Mark 20/20, Flammability 20/20

4s Helmet: Arctic Armour 20/20, Discipline 21/0, Purity of FIre 20/23, Vaal Haste 12/0

2s Gloves: 20/20 Faster Casting, 21/20 Flame Dash
2s Gloves: CWDT 20/20, Chaos Golem 20/20

4s Boots: VMS 20/20, Spell Echo 20/23, Fire Penetration 21/20, Life Leech x/x

PASSIVE TREE

MECHANICS and SYNERGIES

Scold's Bridle, VMS and Incinerate - this is well known combination. It works quite well on its own and some ppl have builds based solely on this. Its obvious, VMS explode everytime u take physical hit, Scold's gives u physical hit for every cast you do. Combine it with Incinerate which has very low cast speed and you can get insane numbers of VMS explosions.

Scold's Bridle and CWDT1+Arc+Chain+CoH+Warlord's Mark+Flammability - this is pretty much obvious. Curse on hit with Arc and CWDT? Good old combo, right? Instant curse on basically all enemies when they hit you... Add a Scold's into mix and you don't have to wait for enemies to hit you. It is basically autocursing ANYTHING. All you have to do is cast Incinerate (which is in complerely different item). Also, you can swap Arc with Firestorm on bosses to add more Ignite stacks.

Scold's Bridle and Chaos Golem - purpose of this is solely to improve survivability against phys dmg which kinda hurts (CI means no armor). CWDT with this builds means you have Chaos Golem ALLWAYS up and you don't have to bother to recast it when he dies. I guess it doesn't matter what lvl of CWDT is used. I'm using lvl20 iwth lvl 20 Chaos Golem.

Pledge of Hands and Incinerate - this is my favourite. It has potential of 7-linked item. Most builds which use Incinerate have similar tooltip dps, but they force it by having Slower Projectiles instead of GMP (good for bosses, but awfull for clearing map) or they don't have Mana Leech. Well, I don't like mana leech but its either this or insane mana regen. Insane mana regen is paralyzed by quite common map mods like slower regen and completely rendered useless against no regen. With Pledge I don't care about these mods because I can afford to use Mana Leech and still have 21 casts per seconds (great for VMS and stacking of Ignites) and nice 21k tooltip dps.

Emberwake and Taming - this is qutie new one and adds another dimension into this build. You have awesome number of casts per second, double it when VMS popped (actually more than double because quality on VMS adds chance to ignite). You don't care that much about downsides of Emberwake... Incinerate cannot crit therefore you don't aim for this stat and therefore VMS has like 5% chance to crit. Reduced burning damage is not important either.

Best thing is they all work together... all you do is casting Incinerate and using Quicksilver flasks to get to another pack because previous one just got vaporized.

SURVIVABILITY

8,2k ES (I believe it is possible to do over 10k with GG rares)

4% base phys dmg reduction
+4% phys dmg reduction with Chaos Golem
+20% phys dmg reduction with 5 Edurance Charges stacked
+26% phys dmg reduction with Granite / Rumi's
It is quite easy to have all of them up with total of 54% phys dmg reduction

Arctic Armour (another 13% less phys and 12% fire dmg taken)
Discipline (included in total ES pool)
Purity of Fire (counter to ele reflect)

80% fire resist
75% cold resist
76% lightning resist

Stun immunity (Chauyla)
Chaos immunuty (CI)
Silence immunity (Jewel)

DPS

It's not easy to calculate real DPS, because tooltip one is not all that happens here. Also it is quite different in the peak when VMS is popped and I do this only for bosses because it is absolutely not needed for normal monsters.

Tooltip DPS of Incinerate:

21599,2 x 4 = 86396,8 (stages of Incinerate)

86396,8 x 1,02 = 88124,736 (2% fire pen from Celestial Judgement, calculated pure dps against target with 0% resists)

Tooltip DMG of VMS:

12916 x 21,28 / 2 x 2 = 274852,48 (21,28 cast of Incinerate per second, halved because echoed Incinerate costs mana only once every second cast and then doubled because of spell echo linked in VMS)

274852,48 x 1,4 = 384793,472 (40% fire pen from Celestial Judgement and 21/20 Fire Penetration gem, calculated pure dps against target with 0% resists)

--------
88124,736 + 384793,472 = 472918,208 pure DPS against target with 0% resists.

That is it? Not rly... now Taming and Emberwake comes into play.

21,28 casts of Icinerate per second
45% chance to ignite with Incinerate, 55% with flask, 61% with Flammability on boss
65% chance to Ignite with VMS, 75 with flask, 81% with Flammability on boss
Ignite lats for 4,7 seconds (jewel, Breath of Flames passive and Flammability on boss)

Ignite stacks from Incinerate:
21,28 x 0,61 x 4,7 = 61

Ignite stacks from VMS:
21,28 x 0,81 x 4,7 / 2 x 2 = 81

Combined together I can stack 142 stacks of Ignite, which means 1420% increased flat dmg to both Incinerate and VMS. And that is where I stopped counting because.... I don't care that much. Everything dies so quickly including bosses that I don't care what numbers I do.

Also it is possible to switch Arc on my lvl1 CWDT with Firestorm. This could add some more Ignite stacks.

There are some hidden DPS increases which I didn't count in - Gang's Momentum boots with 15% increased fire dmg against ignites enemies and Celestial Punishment with another 25%. Also I have Vaal Haste equiped which I didn't count in because... I allways forget to use it :D

VIDEOS

80 Wasteland (boss fight only)(ele weakness, bloodlines, ez mods)
http://plays.tv/video/55f67a1741325f9112

79 Shipyard (boss fight only)(-13% max res, equilibrium, 44% more life)
http://plays.tv/video/55ee047374b1ac5fea

78 Crematorium (boss fight only)(Ele Weakness, Double Boss, 36% more life)
http://plays.tv/video/55ee050eb074a4ae12

77 Volcano (easy mods not worth mentioning, visible early in the video)
http://plays.tv/video/55ef43af4d80d72dee

76 Gorge (Enfeeble)
http://plays.tv/video/55ef3ac5ecf5c8bd1d

This is my first build thread so please be patient with me :) It is still under construction. Will add some video of Gorge run and some tougher boss. I can't show 80+ level maps because I simply ran out of them - damn you GGG with your map drops! Tho Crema or Necropolis could do the job.
Last edited by Diphal on Sep 15, 2015, 6:28:04 AM
I've added videos of boss fights (Shipyard and Crema) demonstrating dps. Obviously it is not a peak dps since neither of these bosses lasted for max Ignite duration.
Certainly seems like a lot of dmg im not sure if emberwake is properly stacking in poe yet.
This is impressive. Love the idea. Might give it a go with some toons just hanging out in standard.
Here's what I would do if I were you:

1. Put VMS into a +3 staff with L4 empower, spell echo, increased duration, fire pen, and life leech. That will increase your VMS damage by 3-4x.

2. Put incinerate into armor WITHOUT spell echo, this will increase your procs/sec from 8 to 10-11 on VMS.

3. Scold's CWDT doesn't need arc curse on hit, especially since you'll be in melee range for VMS anyways.

4. Get 3 sacrifical harvest jewels and the skill effect duration nodes to get close to 100% uptime on VMS. A scion start is much better than witch for this purpose.

Overall I really like the ideas behind this build. I did something similar (life/es hybrid instead of CI, consuming dark+shield instead of pledge) in Warbands and managed to kill uber with it. :)
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Sep 7, 2015, 10:50:31 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Here's what I would do if I were you:

1. Put VMS into a +3 staff with L4 empower, spell echo, increased duration, fire pen, and life leech. That will increase your VMS damage by 3-4x.

2. Put incinerate into armor WITHOUT spell echo, this will increase your procs/sec from 8 to 10-11 on VMS.

3. Scold's CWDT doesn't need arc curse on hit, especially since you'll be in melee range for VMS anyways.

4. Get 3 sacrifical harvest jewels and the skill effect duration nodes to get close to 100% uptime on VMS. A scion start is much better than witch for this purpose.

Overall I really like the ideas behind this build. I did something similar (life/es hybrid instead of CI, consuming dark+shield instead of pledge) in Warbands and managed to kill uber with it. :)

Nice ideas tho I'm afraid that having Incinerate in chest would cost me tons of dps on it (I would lose cast speed from lvl 30 Spell Echo provided by staff).

Being pressured by buff duration (VMS) is not something I'd like to aim for.

Also Arc is way better for cursing against regular monsters. Trust me... I tried. Firestorm works fine on paper but in practice it is good just for boss.
Last edited by Diphal on Sep 8, 2015, 2:45:31 PM
Sorry if I'm being silly, but is there any obvious reasor to go CI?

I have a RF incinerate marauder, and it runs fine on maps. Would be nice to see you just rolling some map.
"
anakkk wrote:
Sorry if I'm being silly, but is there any obvious reasor to go CI?

I have a RF incinerate marauder, and it runs fine on maps. Would be nice to see you just rolling some map.

I don't think I would be able to pull out some reasonable HP pool with just 3 rare items (4 with amulet since Chayula wouldn't be needed).

But ye, I definitely can record some whole map run.
Ok, posted some Gorge and Volcano map runs to videos section.
Last edited by Diphal on Sep 8, 2015, 5:27:07 PM
Hm, interesting gameplay. Better then mine in some ways, worse in others.

Have you though about going LL + Shav, using a new aura and using pain attunement?
Like linking Blood Magic + Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder.
Last edited by anakkk on Sep 9, 2015, 9:36:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info