[2.0] Vaal spark (MF viable)

Hello, this is my theory crafted Vaal Spark build.

So my main tought was trying to get as much kills as possible while vaal spark is active. So i use automatic Power and Frenzy generation. And use different kind of uniques to make sure we get enough souls.

NOTE: I stopped playing atm I will come back and finish this guide/build. I will still try to check the forum post and answer on questions. I already did maps on this build and this is a great build for MF. I would say its one of the better and more fun ones.

Gear

Spoiler
Call of the brotherhood:

(picture comming soon)

This is to convert our lightning damage to cold damage so we can get Ice bite to generate frenzy stacks. This makes us go faster and do more damage.
This also increases our Lightning damage by 15-25%

Chill of coruption:

This is to get a chance to get extra vaal souls so we can keep running vaal spark without it ending.

sacrificial harvest

This is also to generate more souls on kill.

solaris lorica / shavronne's wrappings

This is to make sure we won't die to chaos dmg becuase we are going low life.

Weapon

I don't know yet what weapon to go for I was thinking to get:

But we can't use a staff / wand because we use Whriling Blades.

- a rare weapon with alot or crit and spell damage. (more focused on damage)
- a Ephemeral Edge to get 50% more energy shield.
I recommend using Ephemeral Edge because we don't take alot of energy shield in the tree it self0

For other jewels I would go: (These are not tested out yet)

Vaal Sentencing for more crit chanse with vaal spark.
Atziri's Reign for increased duration on vaal spark.

Doryani's Invitation (Lightning variant)

To get more life leech and I think if you run this you don't need life leech in your gem setup and can go increased duration or more damage.

Gems and Links

Spoiler
Placing it in the order you should need to choose

For Vaal spark:

Vaal spark - Spell echo - pierce - faster projectiles - Lightning Penetration - life leech

Movement skill

Whirling blades - Blood magic - Fortify

Frenzy generator

Culling strike - ice bite - herald of ice - innervate
Ice bite gives us a chanse for a frenzy stack and innervate gives us an onslaught stack on killing a schocked enemy.

Power stack generator (auto curse)

Herald of thunder - Curse on hit - assasin's mark

Arc (as starter when no souls are available)

Arc - spell echo- faster casting- lightning penetration

Discipline - BM - empower

You could also go Flame dash to be more safe because you can and probably will get stuck with whirling blades or you could go ice golem for more crit and more dmg.

Skill tree:

http://tinyurl.com/of7ellb

The ting is i don't know if you should get Hearth of thunder or lightning breath I'll need to test the difference i think.

What I noticed during leveling

Spoiler
I used incinerate to level until level 40 and then i switched out to spark. You don't have to and it's probably better to level up with firestorm / flame totem.

I also used vaal spark once I could while leveling just for fun and it Actually did already alot of dmg.

What About MF? (Still needs alot of work)

Spoiler
You can go mf but then you won't be able to do higher maps.
What I would recommend then is going Sadima's, Goldwyrm, perandus and Wonder Trappers

Thx already for reading this and leave your suggestions down below :)
Last edited by schork on Sep 18, 2015, 7:28:18 AM
I still have a lot of stuff to do do and change so I'll leave the change log here.

Change log

september 8

*Changed Whirling Blades Links
*Added mf section
*Added ice golem and Flame das to gems
Last edited by schork on Sep 8, 2015, 5:05:57 AM
what should I do against elemental reflect? died a lot of times
"
ololosha wrote:

I don't really know what to do against ele reflect. Becuse there is no real way to heal the same dmg up just try to avoid it. Thats the only real thing i can say.
I've been in doubt whether i should get an Atziri's Reign jewel for my Vaal Sparker.

Can you explain to me what the duration increase actually does for Vaal Spark?

Does it only increase the duration of the individual sparks, or does it also increase the duration during which sparks are released from your character? (ie increase the time spacing in between sparks)

Reason asking is i'd like a bit more leeway to make something of your Vaal Spark when you accidentally pop it and run into a dead end. Seems to me as of yet the only ways to do so are increasing move speed or maybe lowering cast speed.
Last edited by Toverkol on Oct 19, 2015, 10:29:17 PM
"
schork wrote:
"
ololosha wrote:

I don't really know what to do against ele reflect. Becuse there is no real way to heal the same dmg up just try to avoid it. Thats the only real thing i can say.

If you put Vaal Spark in a mine you will not take any damage since it gets reflected back to the mine witch is dead from triggering it.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info