[2.0.2] Shaman Fury: Low life non shav or solaris tri incinerate totem

Hi, there were quite many attempts at low life non-shav pre 2.0 but I have not seen any after the Awakening patch so I decided to share my build before I transition to something else.

The idea of totem is taken from here

This build focus on having very high chaos resist, ES and some life regen instead of getting the mod "Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield". ~750 life at 75 chaos resist is about the same as ~4500 life at -60 chaos resist and couple with an average amount life regen, chaos degen is not a problem. Note that chaos bomb/Bond of Chaos/Chaos EK still hurt like any other character so you have to be aware of your enemy all the time. That said, I have beaten everything that deal chaos damage in the game including Jungle Valley boss, chaos warbands, Atziri's cycloner. I have gone to the last boss of the 2nd room in the Alluring Abyss and as far as 80 maps.

EDIT: Mistake! Empower does not increase the level of Spell Totem. Thinking of other support gems (Iron Will/Culling Strike)

PROS AND CONS
Spoiler

Pros
  • Can run EVERY map mod
  • Deal lots of damage with average investment 6L is NOT NEEDED and I am only using lvl 20 gems here not super luxurious 21 incinerate and lvl 4 empower
  • Large HP pool gives time to relect in dangerous situations

Cons
  • Cant leech
  • Leveling is quite hard
  • Cant do some map boss because of totems. Incinerate totem needs about 0.5 sec to wakeup and ~1.5 sec to reach stage 3

PASSIVE TREE, BANDIT EXPLAINATION AND LEVELING
Spoiler

Passive Tree at lvl 94

Bandit Points: Kill-Kill-Kraityn (frenzy charge)

We focus on getting as much as possible ES/Totem damage/Spell damage/Cast speed/totem resistance from the tree. Ancestral Bond for third totem. Pain Attunement for damage. Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction to reserve and use skill with life instead of mana. Resolute Technique for guaranted Frenzy Charge generation.

I level using dual Life Sprig/Rever Rod life based until ~lvl 52 and then respect to lowlife tri totem. The transition is quite smooth since ES gears were dirt cheap at the time and I just flew away up to maps.

GEAR EXPLAINATION
Spoiler

My Gear
Spoiler

Gear focus on Chao res/ES/Elemental res and Spell damage/cast speed on wand. Projectile speed would be a nice bonus.

Soul Mantle provides the 7L spell totem setup and some ES with the drawback of a lower version of Spell totem and curse on totem death. We counter these drawbacks by Warding flasks and Empower gem.

A high ES shield with chaos resist and bonus spell damage. The mod "Reduced damage taken from damage overtime" helps mitigate bleeding/chaos cloud effect and possible of using RF for a short period to burst down a boss (mostly Atziri)

This is a wonderful boots for us mainly because of the high ES, top movement speed and the mod "Unaffected by Desecrated Ground". Although I don't really feel Desecrated Ground effect with any other boots but the ES is hard to beat.

This Jewel effectively grants our totems LMP effect with "reduced" Damage penalty instead of "Less", thus provides a huge boost in clear speed.

With my current tree, this jewel provides a 15% totem life bonus and Cannot be Stunned bonus to totem, which boost the reliability of totems.

Since we are using Blood Magic and don't reserve any mana, this jewel provides a huge spell damage boost up to 60%. I don't think any rare jewel can beat this.

GEM SETUP EXPLAINATION
Spoiler
- Chest setup: Incinerate - Fire Penetration - Faster Projectiles - Faster Casting - Empower - Added Chaos Damage/Culling Strike/Slower Projectiles. The 6L depends on your preference. I have tried all of the options mentioned and also Added Lightning damage with Herald of Thunder/Shock Chance jewels but I feel unnecessary since everthing just melt anyway and the Shock effect can be achieve using other method. Empower is better than Iron Will since it not only boost Incinerate level but also Spell totem, which improve totem's tankiness and dps overall.

- 4L:Curse on Hit setup: Frenzy - GMP - CoH - Enfeeble/Ele weakness/Flamability depends on situations. Frenzy Charges give a signification dps boost to Incinerate and thanks to Resolute Technique, we can reliable generate them while our totems burns everything.

- 4L: Aura setup: Anger - Haste/Grace - Discipline - (Purity of Fire). I do not run PoF during mapping to be a rather large hp pool to react against chaos damage. During Atziri runs, Purity of Fire can be used all the time since no chaos damage in the Apex (even in the Alluring Abyss) can kill us. Purity of Fire helps running Righteous Fire and boost totems resistance (totem can survive Atziri flameblast).

- 4L: Cast when Damage Taken lvl 5 - Inc. Duration 20/20 - Frost Wall lvl 12 (Arctic Breath lvl 7) - Vaal Discipline lvl 20. I personally like Frost Wall since it helps against projectiles (Quill's spray on death procupines, chaos snake, etc.) and confuse bosses. Since Incinerate pierce 100%, it is no problem for totems but in group play, I just swap out for Arctic Breath.

- 3L: Righteous Fire - Flame Dash - Summon Flame Golem/Summon Chaos Golem. Righteous Fire can be turn on while using Vaal Discipline (5s*2=10sec RF) or just with Ruby Flask. We will degen slowly but our totems are in god mods during this time.

- 3L: Inc. Duration - Vaal Lightning Trap - Vaal Discipline: Vaal Lightning Trap is mostly for boss fights, mainly Atziri/Vaal. It has 3 charges but I rarely use them all.

STATS
Spoiler

- Defensive
PoF + Haste
Spoiler

- Offensive (with Haste)
With Faster Projectiles
Auras + Golem
Spoiler

Auras + Golem + 4 Frenzy Charges
Spoiler

Auras + Golem + 4 Charges + Atziri's Promise
Spoiler

With Slower Projectiles
4 Frenzy Charge + Slower Projectiles+ RF + Atziri Promise + Fire Golem a.k.a Destruction mode
Spoiler

VIDEO

FAQ
Spoiler

• Does Empower work with the innate Spell totem?
  • A: No it does not. [url="https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960308/page/1"]Source[/url]
  • Why Haste? Have you tried double Heralds?
  • A: Haste actually provide less tooltip dps than 2xHeralds but it speeds up the time to reach stage 3 of totems and add movement speed => better clear speed in general so I chose Haste.
  • Is 6L needed?
  • A: I played with 4L Soul Mantle until lvl 90 when I have enough to buy a 6L so the answer is NO, 6L is not needed.
  • Why not other shields like Rathpith/RoTP etc?
  • A: Any unique shield will reduce our ES pool by too much and none of their unique ability is needed for the build.
  • Have you tried Iron Will?
  • A: [s]Not as good as Empower. Check out the Gem Setup Explaination.[/s]

[li]Can you MF with this build?[/li]
A: Sure. With Wondertrap/IR gem and a Divination Distilate you are realy to MF everywhere you like!

Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Last edited by F4F_Lucifer on Sep 5, 2015, 8:46:01 PM
Reserved
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
This build looks interesting.

Could you possibly split the skill tree as some others do so people can understand where they should be at when they hit X level or X amount of skill points?

Also don't you need Incinerate linked to Spell totem?
I don't see ANY totems in your gear, unless I somehow moused over them and missed it.
"
caitymarie wrote:
I don't see ANY totems in your gear, unless I somehow moused over them and missed it.

Soul Mantle provides the Spell Totem link for free.
"
F4F_Lucifer wrote:
Empower is better than Iron Will since it not only boost Incinerate level but also Spell totem, which improve totem's tankiness and dps overall.

This part is wrong. Read empower: it only boosts levels of supported active skill gems. spell totem is a support gem, even it's from the chest.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on Sep 5, 2015, 2:49:58 PM
Hey, have you thought about using Self-Flagellation unique Jewel? I think it has some good synergy with Soul Mantle.
tri totem is fully useless when the first one has often almost kill everything in the screen ( with the proper build ). On top of that, Soul Mantle is not viable endgame because of the lvl 14 spell totem. Empower doesnt change that.

edit : wtf your tree...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Sep 5, 2015, 4:48:47 PM
Why don't you have Mind Barrier and Unnatural Calm? Seems kind of mandatory for lowlife, especially with a shield.

Why do you have RT? Spells can't be evaded, just dodged. Crits won't be reflected back to you because of totems so you're spending a point to lose damage. Don't really get that.

How do you deal with the drawback of Soul Mantle? Just have several flasks with Warding?

Also you're stacking so many auras which is great, but you don't have any aura nodes.

I think this would be better with Infernal Mantle, tbh. You gain all the benefits and none of the drawbacks from it since you're running BM, and it has double the ES of Soul Mantle.
EDIT: fixed statement about Empower after seeing feedback from others and some digging around.

"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
Why don't you have Mind Barrier and Unnatural Calm? Seems kind of mandatory for lowlife, especially with a shield.

Why do you have RT? Spells can't be evaded, just dodged. Crits won't be reflected back to you because of totems so you're spending a point to lose damage. Don't really get that.

How do you deal with the drawback of Soul Mantle? Just have several flasks with Warding?

Also you're stacking so many auras which is great, but you don't have any aura nodes.

I think this would be better with Infernal Mantle, tbh. You gain all the benefits and none of the drawbacks from it since you're running BM, and it has double the ES of Soul Mantle.

Answer:
- They are very effective nodes, if I actually path near them. The points spent to get those nodes I would rather spend to get the ES nodes nearby.
- RT is to reliably generate frenzy with the Frenzy skill gem. Without RT, my accuracy would be around 60% and thus making my Frenzy/CoH setup unreliable. I do not lose any damage since I don't do damage myself and Incinerate can't crit.
- I have 2 Warding flasks and 1 of them is a Quicksilver. At 20 Quality, Quicksilver last for 6s and is replenished quickly. By cycling between 2 flasks, I can keep Curse Immunity up for 100%.
- I decided to spend points to add tankiness to my totems. Having multiple aura is surely sweet but it requires heavy investment on the passive tree and I don't want to reserve below 20% life since it will be hard to keep check of the HP pool.
- I tried with a 6L Infernal Mantle and I lost a large part of my damage since -1 totem and 1 less link. My totems are tankier and I gain ES from 8k to 9k3 tho. I will spend sometime to provide a comparison, if I actually have time.

"
Malone wrote:
tri totem is fully useless when the first one has often almost kill everything in the screen ( with the proper build ). On top of that, Soul Mantle is not viable endgame because of the lvl 14 spell totem. Empower doesnt change that.

edit : wtf your tree...

- My totem can tank Atziri's flameblast and last long enough to dps most of the bosses (with the exception of Malformation boss and Uber trio). They lasted long enough to kill the trash in the Alluring Abyss and carry me to the last boss of the 2nd chamber. I have done all kind of rippy maps up to 80 maps and level up to 94. I do not know what is your "endgame" is but I definately had a blast with this build. Oh and the guy who inspired me to do this build made it to lvl 90 in Bloodlines league (pre 2.0).

- I'd love to learn how make a "proper build" from you sir if you actually have anything to say beside:

"
wtf your tree...
No comment. Very productive..

"
Macovan wrote:
Hey, have you thought about using Self-Flagellation unique Jewel? I think it has some good synergy with Soul Mantle.

- Without the curse effect reduction rings, the curses will bring me more bane than boon (they are lvl 20 curses). The negative resist alone are hard to counter since it is virtually impossible to overcap resist and chaos res with my current aura setup. I'd rather have a rare jewel with ES/Cast speed/Spell damage.

"
caitymarie wrote:
This build looks interesting.

Could you possibly split the skill tree as some others do so people can understand where they should be at when they hit X level or X amount of skill points?

- I will try to do that after this weekend. The answer from Kizo is correct
"
07Ghost wrote:
"
F4F_Lucifer wrote:
Empower is better than Iron Will since it not only boost Incinerate level but also Spell totem, which improve totem's tankiness and dps overall.

This part is wrong. Read empower: it only boosts levels of supported active skill gems. spell totem is a support gem, even it's from the chest.

Updated on the guide. Ty for correcting me sir!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info