[2.0] Low Life Crit Arc Witch (Warbands)

I've spent most of this league trying to max out my character as best I can without following someone else's template. I ended up with a fairly powerful witch which is currently at level 95. It is not quite as strong as some other builds, but I've always been a fan of lightning based builds.

This build is for the most part a glass cannon. I've been working hard to get gear with more ES or intelligence to supplement the fact that I am wearing a Shavs and have no shield. It seems like most other high end ES builds this league have around 12k ES, and I am currently running with 6.8k. This isn't too much of a problem for most maps. I can pretty much clear any map up to 81, and I've not tried 82s just yet. Atziri is doable if I swap Lightning Tendrils in for Arc during reflect phase.

I've sort of hit a gear wall recently, and the only pieces of gear I can really replace at this point if I continue down my same path are helmet and one of my rings. I have my resists pretty well balanced right now around 100% in Merciless, with quite a large investment in Mana/Mana Regen.

I think I might be too invested into auras right now. I might eventually decide to drop the Shavs and get an 800+ ES Vaal Regalia instead and possibly switch to a wand + shield. I briefly experimented with a Void Battery but I lost too much mana (and the free Spell Echo) from the Pledge of Hands that it just wasn't working out for me.

Bandits

Normal: Skill Point (might change for Mana)
Cruel: Cast Speed
Merciless: Power Charge

Character Sheet:

Offense (no charges) 26% crit chance, 46k DPS

Offense (7 charges) 43.5% crit chance, 60k DPS

Defense

Gear

6 link Pledge absolutely necessary, 6 link Shavs not really necessary until I eventually add Empower in here.

Partially crafted the boots and gloves, helm was crafted from scratch. I've attempted to make about 5 Hubris Circlets at this point and can't seem to hit 400+ ES and/or Intelligence roll with Fire/Cold res. Will keep working on this as the helmet is my weak link.

Eye of Chayula is absolutely necessary for most caster builds in my opinion, and I was able to get a +1 curse corrupted one eventually to save myself 3 points from the passive tree. Two huge crit/mana rings give me a large boost, though the cast speed one I would like to replace with something better, preferably with Int/ES rolls. Obvious Doryani's for leech and extra damage.

Skills

Main Attack

Pretty self explanatory here. I've considered swapping out Added Lightning for Critical Damage but haven't gotten around to picking up a 21/20 one to test.

Auras

Basic lightning caster auras here, with herald of ice to freeze/shatter groups of enemies and leech back more mana. I plan to eventually swap out Mana Leech for Empower here once I have a larger mana pool (thinking I need around 3000 or so before this is viable.)

Blood Magic Auras

With the passives I have in reduced mana reservation, these two auras on Blood Magic put me at 98% life reserved (could get level 21 Blood Magic for a bit less reserved health.)

Curse Setup

Basic Herald of Thunder curse setup, nothing to see here. Herald of Thunder extra quality for global increased lightning damage, Curse on Hit extra quality for increased effect of curses.

Movement

Obvious movement skill of choice for a lightning based character, chaos golem thrown in because nowhere else to put it.

Jewels

Flasks

All Surgeon's flasks to regain charges quickly. One of each element for dangerous mobs/reflect. Extra run speed necessary since my boots do not have run speed.

I am open to any constructive criticism on how I could improve my end game clear speed/survivability. While the character is effective right now, I would honestly expect more for the level of gear and gems I have at the moment. Please leave me some feedback.

Can add some map clearing videos later if people are interested.

IGN: Marros
"
Marros wrote:
I am open to any constructive criticism on how I could improve my end game clear speed/survivability. While the character is effective right now, I would honestly expect more for the level of gear and gems I have at the moment. Please leave me some feedback.

Using 4 Auras/Buffs in your Chest forces you to use a staff and to invest many points in Aura/Mana nodes.
Besides that your weapon choice seems like giving up a lot offence and defence just for a 7L. Just imagine what stats you could get with a good crit caster wand & shield.

I'd never play without at least 20% MS on my boots. The difference between 0% and 20-30% is like night and day.

Also you invested heavily into Life Leech tho there is a better choice: Blood Dance + Zealoth's Oath.

Check out my Fireball Crit Caster for some ideas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1393079

Example Skill Tree for you if you decided to play with Blood Dance:
Last edited by LMHTB on Sep 4, 2015, 9:50:19 PM
Interesting, I hadn't thought of using frenzy charges in this build before. I will do some more research and then mess around with this when I get back home next week. It is true that I have a large amount of points invested into auras, I've probably just been lazy since the Pledge works and I haven't had a need to replace it until I hit the top end maps.

As for the boots, I used to run with 30% speed ES boots but I swapped them out for these because of the large int/mana bonus. It doesn't bother me much because lightning warp is fast enough. But blood dance boots are a cool idea.
If you play with a Wand, then you should think about using Prism Guardian because you play Low Life.
Without any Aura nodes you can reach Low Life condition with almost any combination:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#EoHX/2Ymu1AJ
https://poe.mikelat.com/#EoHX/pnRX=LH
https://poe.mikelat.com/#EoHX/w1i8HPH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info