Life questions

Is it correct that percent life increase nodes in the passive tree do not include max life adds from gear?
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
no, they do include that +max life that you get on gear. this life is very important, as it's the basis of the %increased life. However, if you have a rathpith or a meignord's that give +10% max life, those stack with the tree, and are also based off of your base life.

Also, you get +14 life per level
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Is it correct that percent life increase nodes in the passive tree do not include max life adds from gear?

good explanation here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Life

but basically what rowanbladex said is a good summary too.

anything that adds an integer will add to the base life value and anything on the tree that adds a percentage will be a percentage of the integer. so it is important to stack the integer that these percentages multiply onto.

same for damage and armour and pretty much all calculations in this game as far as i know
The reason I ask is that I was trying to gauge the impact of replacing a piece of gear with plus life with one that had no life but better other roles. When I removed the item the difference to total life was very small. Maybe I just don't have a high enough percent life increase to significantly change the number. I suppose I should also learn how to subtract. I guess I questioned it because of it being called plus to maximum life. That seems to be saying that the gear life will be added after the maximum life has been calculated. Maybe changing it to say plus x to base life would make it clearer

The link is perfectly clear. Probably should have checked there first.
Thanks for the responses.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last edited by Lightning_Wolf on Sep 4, 2015, 8:35:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info