[2.0] Cheep High Block/Spell Block Armor Incinerate [HC Viable]

This is my first ever build guide so bear with me. Ok so this build is based on a couple of things: block, the fact that incinerate is very strong, and Cybil's Paw, and lastly armor. The core of this build is to stack high amounts of block so that when Cybil's is equiped it will add a lot of damage to incinerate. Basically all the block nodes that you see on the tree will become damage. For defense we use a high block sheild with lots of armor paired with Stone of Lazhwar and Rainbowstride. With all of these things, you basically do not take damage from anything.

This is the core skill tree
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM9fP_ZI7w4UIBo-eTl-4p7N6dWCB_JB0iHPfq2N2WFXDQn21HwGDiftGS7E9v5UDc0rUBzOr6c9DwY58wb7qlFgn8unMKQZtiwl3xv6AecYkbyf_EsUTdrBhO9hIRpVNugFLXTtwL9AoHrvrK8M96mV6mLNmI1-QzF1y76nR369NmVNwYIvzITZ4izRNgkzFSAtgxm0kFUnLzrYfLtyD1nzGjh65nGFRtdj_bFC2rmCm-w4mjvVpu08ogDhc8BmBLM=

From here you have a variety of different choices to make. You can get more block (which is also more damage) over in the ranger area, you can get more armor, or take a bunch of jewel sockets. (for jewels I would recommend block/proj speed, life/proj speed, damage/proj speed, life/damage, or block/damage depending on what you need/want.) (remember that proj speed is very important as it adds range to your incinerate) I personally think that block/proj speed is the best.

Ok, onward to defenses. The core parts are high armor/block shield, stone of lazhwar, and Rainbowstride (if you can afford it).
Spoiler

Without Buffs. The main thing to look at here is the block and spell block though. There will be 3% more from tempest sheild and another 2% spell block as a result as well)

With Determination You will have 50% more armor bringing me to 30k armor and another 3% mitigation with chaos golem

If you have excess currency you can try to corrupt one for 2-4% Block

If you cannot afford this than you can either get The Blood Dance to generate frenzy charges for more damage or get a pair of high armor boots. Either one works but Rrainbowstride will be best in slot.

The higher armor on the rare shield will be better especially with all of the efficient increase defenses nodes that we will be getting along with the block nodes, but a Lioneye's Remorse is a nice cheap alternative that will work wonderfully well til much much later in the game.

Alright, and now offense. The most important part is to try to get a hold of a 20/20 incinerate. The 20Q will increase your range a lot and the lvl20 will be a very high DPS boost. Keeping that in mind though, the core of the offense is based around the Cybil's for the increase spell damage per block chance and the fact that we can reserve 100% of our mana because we are using the blood magic gem. The downside of running blood magic is that with a 5L you will be draining about 200 life per second, but to counteract this we will be stacking a lot of regen and Cybil's is one of the very few ways to get life gain on hit with spells.

For Auras you can either choose to run Anger+Herald of Ice and Thunder or you can run Anger+Determination depending on how safe/unsafe you feel in maps and how good your gear is. Of course the double herald will give more damage while determination will give more armor.
For Curses I run flammability, but you can also run Temporal Chains or Enfeeble if you want to be even safer.
Spoiler

Remember that all these numbers will be multiplied by 4 with 3 charges on incinerate. So with just Anger, which is my normal setup, I have roughly 28k DPS, not counting the fire pen and flammability curse. I also don't have quality on any of my support gems.
Unbuffed 5L

With Anger

With Anger+Double Herald

links: I run a 5L because I cannot afford a 6L but I seem to still faceroll all of my maps. Unfortunately though this build really needs a 5L, but they aren't expensive, so just go out and buy a 5L.
Spoiler

Helm: Tempest Shield, Cast When Damage Taken, Molten Shell, Increased Duration (lvl9 CWDT)
Gloves: Lightning Warp, Less Duration, Faster Casting, Blood Magic (you can use flame dash if you would like or even whirling blades with fortify)
Boots: Cast When Damage Taken, Summon Chaos Golem, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Artic Breath (Lvl3 CWDT)
Sheild Cast Wehn Damage Taken, Flammability, Increased Area of Effect (Lvl3 CWDT)(I love automation, but you can manually cast it if you want to run a higher lvl curse)
Weapon: Auras/heralds
Chest 5L: Incinerate, Spell Echo, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Fire Penetration, Blood Magic. For a 6L add Faster Casting or Iron Will depending on how much Strength you have.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Point
Merciless: Point

Gear: I bought a high armor chest with a bit of health on it and 5L it myself, but realistically any old 5L with do.
Spoiler

Flasks: Ruby for the reflect (well what is left of it anyway) Granite for EVEN MORE ARMOR, and for the rest just have a stuanching, heat, and warding.
Spoiler

I think that is about it. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Oh and the most important thing: HAVE FUN.
Last edited by Zuluzama on Sep 2, 2015, 9:52:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info