[2.0]KB physical Point blank totems, 32k tooltip, CI 11k ES, 96k single target

Hi this is my build on standard clears well very safe can do all map mods except blood magic/no regen, bosses are pretty easy: summon totems, cast phase run and walk away no problems. With 2 totems within point blank range 32k tooltip means 96k single target with mostly physical damage.

Why totems? +pros/cons

So ranged attack totem got buffed in 2.0 and they added rain of splinters. Going from self cast kb to totems then lets you drop gmp gem for rain of splinters AND drop pcoc since you can use it on a separate skill, which I use frenzy because free frenzy charges. Also the new crit totem cluster is insane, 130 crit chance + some multi for 4 points is even better than the wand nodes. You can cap crit without ICS or T1 crit chance wand, thats great.

Pros:
-Point blank gem is a huge boost to damage which isn't really viable on self cast
-Totems are inherently safe, enemies are distracted
-immune to reflect, can use gem swaps to do reflect maps (phys to lightning or ele resists)
-Huge ES pool, will never get one shot
-Can do every map mod except blood magic/no regen
-New phase run means you can safely regen ES any time
-Benefits hugely from aurabots in parties (get around 75k tooltip with SRS in group)
-Doesn't require any unqiues to function

Cons:
-Gear is expensive to cap resist and have high enough ES
-only mitigation is arctic armour and flasks (I use 2 taste of hates because of this)
-no access to fortify
-cannot leech
-not the biggest aoe clear, relies on mobs being close for KB to splash
-cold damage rolls are not quite as high so freeze threshold is lower
-CI without stun immune means on occasion stun lock is possible e.g. a rare titty bitch crit, but I haven't died to stunlock and alt-f4 is always an option

Compared to regular KB I think totems allow you to do more map mods, safer and with higher single target damage. With identical gear I was on about 35k tooltip gmp KB and had to use ICS to get cap crit

Gear

Links are in the gear. For ele reflect I swap crit damage for minion and totem ele resistances and for phys reflect I swap it for phys to lightning which makes these mods bearable.

pure phys wand, jewellery just need % ES and cap resists, flat phys is nice and legacy crit is great but starts to cost alot. As for price Wand I paid 80 ex for, chest crafted myself for around 10 ex total, helmet 3 ex, shield 2 ex (though that was a lucky price), don't need leg mali's really it's only 14 crit multi, just had them lying around. My rings about 8 ex a piece and ammy I don't even know, had it a long time, maybe 20 ex. +1 rainbowstrides is not necessary it's just so I can drop the 4% reserved nodes on the tree and I already had a pair in my stash, a good 2-3 ex rare boots is good enough. Total cost about 130 ex for my gear, could get away with much cheaper gear but under around 10 ex you won't get high enough es or dps for higher maps.

As for crown of eyes it's definitely a consideration however I would need to spend a lot on a spell damage shield with dual res to cover the -30% fire and would be sacrificing the 35% stun chance on a rare helment (level 6 leo master craft) which makes a big difference with getting stun locked.

skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAW8DHgQHBiMJoA18DdEOSA5cEVARlhSwFdcWQBa_Fy8bJR0UHU8fAh9BIG4qCyy_LR8vbzW5NsU_c0ShRX5GcUmxSppLrkyzTq5QMFXWVmNY5Vm8Witca13yXypjQ2TnZp5qjGr6bOdtGW-ecFJwu3DVc3B3B3_GgKSCHoMJg_OESIV9hq6HE4nTi3qPRpMnlSCaYZykn4ihL6IEoqOi2aPypwinK64SsNixNrQMtUi-isHFwfPCc8MTw23FKMgUytPOcNAf18_YJNkT2Vvi9-kC6rrr5OwY74jv6_Pq9W_2W_bn-Tf60vrv_GQ=?accountName=hi_im_jacob&characterName=Vimrick

including the jewels rain of splinters and energy from within

relevant stats from tree:
188% ES + 27% from energy from within + int bonus + CI 15% more bonus
Ancestral bond
405% increased crit
98% increased crit multi
225% increased damage + 6% per power charges
+3 power charges

screenshots

Defenses:

Tooltip with 7 power charges+3frenzy charges+ice golem (up practically all the time)

+taste of hate up

Experience (no deaths from 17%>70% @ lvl 97, all level 76+ maps)
https://imgur.com/UW4HMRx,iXDqJuH#1

Gorge speed run with no changes to gem setup or tree or anything, 3:15
https://youtu.be/RyfuhnTptVk

79 shipyard vuln+ele weak+ 105% extra cold+2 exiles including ghosted Antalie Napora (uploading)
https://youtu.be/Q59kOst-MdU

Feedback/questions welcome.

Last edited by hi_im_jacob on Sep 10, 2015, 9:21:37 AM
Fresh Free Up, can I do it GGG ? xD
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Sep 14, 2015, 8:53:51 AM
Can this build be done as a duelist, and using barrage instead of KB?

A dual totem barrage duelist?

Bow barrage...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info