2.03 droprate >> orb of chance

I wonder if the 4x droprate applies to orb of chance as well?

Probably not I guess, just wondering.
Probably have to wait till dev notes for the answer

185 items chanced this league, zero luck so far :)

I did vaal 2 jewels to uniques tho
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
As an avid chancer, I asked it in the dev manifesto thread and have yet to get an answer, maybe they don't know yet themselves. Since 2.0 zero uniques chanced for me also, not even a trollyolner.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 2, 2015, 4:44:20 AM
devs were saying that the orb drop chance is equal of finding the respective base item in unique form while playing.
if they use the same algorithm for applying the chance orb and rolling the item on drop (which i think is the case) it should be equalized automatically.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I wonder about that, the general opinion on the matter is they stealth nerfed chancing in 2.0, dunno how many runs it takes for a Voll now, but check out the chance orb prices in temps, it went down the drain.

And, according to their statements, they increased the chance for a unique to spawn to compensate for adding 30-odd unique jewels into the game, so the chance to get a specific unique should be about the same.

So, we can pull two conclusions from this, either chance orbs and drop chance aren't linked at all and they're just arbitrarily trying to shoot for the same order of magnitude (or not, depending on your current balancing policy), or jewels are so common that the chance to find other uniques got halved or something.

Well, that's what you get for playing an Aes Sedai game, even if people assume you aren't straight-out lying they will still try to find hidden meaning in your words. Sometimes I think it would be better to just spill the beans about everything, instead they even hid the item mod spawn rate in 2.0, that we could datamine previously. Or at least we could datamine the mirror image of the file, the game wasn't actually using it, I think, so that may have been a decoy, if we go full paranoid here.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
... to compensate for adding 30-odd unique jewels into the game...

Nothing can compensate for this.

I HATE these jewels.

I feel like every single "random unique" (hidden treasure rare, strongbox, divination cards) I got so far in 2.0 was one of those "transforms str into int" jewels. Instantly vendored. Pissed off every time. ;)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 2, 2015, 5:37:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info