People Who Refuse To Fight

There needs to be something done to combat the tons and tons of people who join pvp queues just to run. You have littered the pvp arena tons of obstacles to block line of sight, and every single "trapping" skill we have is countered by every single movement ability. (warp/whirling/leapslam/etc).

It's basically impossible to kill people who intentionally queue and have no desire to fight. Anyone can drag matches out for extreme long durations.

Honestly, as soon as someone realizes they can't beat me, they just run to drag things out and hope I drop. This isn't fun and completely defeats the purpose of joining a pvp queue.
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_
Almost all arenas are soo small that there is pretty much NO way to run away during the whole match (talking about proper chars).
Running away is a form of fighting too and everyone would do same if he realizes that there is no chance since a draw is better than losing. The problem is not the people that are running away, it is the chasing abilities of your char. And if your intent is to do pvp then this is what you should care about at first.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

There is not a single person who can kill me in pvp should I decide I don't want to fight and just run away the whole time. There is no "chasing ability" that would allow someone to kill me. If I don't want to die after I've queued for pvp, and have no intention on even so much as attempting to kill the opponent, the match will always result in a draw. That's not fun, and that's not what pvp is about.

You are entirely welcome to try your "chasing ability" on me. You will not catch me. You will not kill me
This is the exact reason Explosive arrow and other skills shouldn't be butchered further. Even with EA if someone doesn't "want" to die they could avoid large amounts of damage. Flicker strike, traps, bow users,casters can all deal with these builds/players pretty well. Traditional melee has a harder time and generally lacks the damage output to kill dedicated running targets that are built tanky. RT melee of all types will struggle versus this type of player. Crit, ranged barrages of arrows/spells and powerful traps are your best option here. The arena selection plays a factor in how effective either side is as well.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
You have no idea what you're talking about.

There is not a single person who can kill me in pvp should I decide I don't want to fight and just run away the whole time. There is no "chasing ability" that would allow someone to kill me. If I don't want to die after I've queued for pvp, and have no intention on even so much as attempting to kill the opponent, the match will always result in a draw. That's not fun, and that's not what pvp is about.

You are entirely welcome to try your "chasing ability" on me. You will not catch me. You will not kill me

I hiiighly doubt it unless you are one of those 20kES/12klife with 10% regen chars. You are one of the whispering ice players iirc? They die relatively fast compared to a true immortal char described above, even with bis gear.

Also whispering ice is probably one of the best "chasers" in the game with increased aoe gem. On all the maps except for maybe barracks I can chase down almost anyone even if they only try to run. Also my melee can chase down pretty much anyone regardless of map. Both of the chars were created mostly because they were the only few who can chase runners well.

I agree though, there is too much immortality in this game. In general, if someone decides to run it can be pretty hard to chase him down. It limits build choices a lot because only a few builds can really chase the tanky chars. For an example EA cant chase properly which is why its kinda meh skill to begin with. Maybe give us more damage so that more builds become available?
Sorry, but I don't even own a whispering ice.
"
Sorry, but I don't even own a whispering ice.

What build are you then? :o
Î don't have a high lvl char rdy for pvp just ask lapiz he will show you that you are not immortal my friend. And if you are talking about lld i can show you that you are not immortal.
I've seen this from time to time as well, very boring, very annoying. I used to just log off and give them the win, but that was probably a bad idea since it gave them rating and encouraged them to use it further. I wouldn'mind seeing the following 2 changes to alleviate this: no additional rounds after draw fights + when after 4 rounds it is still 0-0, sudden death on a platform without walls and with the size of a handkerchief.
This is still an issue. I'm sick of waiting 10-15 minutes in a queue just to end up against someone who has absolutely no intention of pvping, just running away for the duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info