Why is whirling blades inferior to leap slam and lightning warp?

I am just puzzled why whirling blades is unable to allow the player to move over obstacles and move to other platforms like leap slam and lightning warp. It is supposed to be dexterity version of movement skill but is so limited. I keep dying because of obstacles and the game does not allow me to cast the spell. Can GGG fix it?
Path of exile - The real sequel to Diablo 2
WB is incredibly fast to move around in opened areas, to the point where move speed is almost not needed if you have enough attack speed. It's also extremely good at kiting stuff, where leap slam mostly sucks.
Each move skill has its pros & cons.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
You will get used to it and stop getting into trouble because of obstacles.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Whirling blades is not inferior, if u could go over obstacles with it, nobody would ever use anything else.

On one on my chars i have leap slam also, top go up, down. While not all builds can use whirling and leap slam without swapping weapons. Warp need high lvl, to be good, bringing very high int requirement with it, making it also not usable buy many builds. There is a new addition, flame dash, it can go over, up and down and dont need high lvl to be good. Also usable as 1L, if u have place, add faster casting to it and done.
WB is far superior to Leap Slam and Lightning Warp :/
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
while you can only use it a few times before waiting for a cooldown, flame dash is like whirling blades in movement speed but teleports you up/down if you want to. essentially just like WB for casters.
I just run flame dash in addition to WB on my skill bar to get over obstacles. I think I might switch to lightning warp since they removed the hold position trick though.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info