What are the Rares, that are worth adding Mods to ?

Hi

Coming back into the game and wondering with all the Master 'tables' to work with ... I wanted to know what are the minimum Stats ( for Armour/Jewelry/Weapons etc ) that are useful enough that you would bother adding one or more Mods to ? ( hope that makes sense )

Just looking for some guideline from those who do the Mod thingy - I just want to sort out my tabs and clear some space ?

Any advice would be great.
You won't find an easy answer.
You need to know item prices.

General rule of thumb:
The crafting cost should be lower than the price of a comparable item.
There is no point paying 4c for a life roll on gloves, when you can buy similar gloves for 1 alch.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:

General rule of thumb:
The crafting cost should be lower than the price of a comparable item.
There is no point paying 4c for a life roll on gloves, when you can buy similar gloves for 1 alch.

This is the only rule for basic mod adding. Most of the time it is not good to add a mod, if u dont want to use it. Only if this mod is the only good possibility, than yes. Else leave it like it is.

For example boots with nice life, ms and 2 resist rolls and nothing else. U could add a 3rd resist to it, or a stat, or double resist roll. U never know, what a person wants and adding mod and than removing it is a waste for u.

Other example a dagger with good physical roll and atk speed, lets say 240 pdps and has a free suffix. Than it is easy, u either add local crit chance to it, if it already has it, than crit multi. No other relevant choices.

Advanced master crafting is with lvl 8 meta mods. If an item has great suffixes/prefixes, crap prefixes/suffixes and a free prefix/suffix, u can remove prefixes/suffixes and master craft new ones. But this is pretty expensive and requires better knowledge what u can do and what this item will cost. Same rule here, if crafting cost is higher, than a similar item to buy, dont do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info