LOL at Beta Timer

This has got to be the meanest thing a game company could do lol, its like when u were little looking out the window waiting for santa to show up but he never did.

But then again its probably the coolest thing i have ever seen a company do. Your ideas?
I hate it, I want to play now, god damn it
"
Tuskan wrote:

Words of wisdom and a true gamer :P
Trolling is fun no matter who you are.

But really, what you all should see the beta timer as not a countdown to when you get your beta invite, but a symbol of how close the game is getting to being released to the masses. Yes, it is a few months. But GGG are making great strides and are working extremely hard to make the game as awesome as possible.

You also have to keep in mind that while Path of Exile is really fun even in beta, it's incomplete.
Just think of it at being some place that serves the most favorite slice of cake/pie/some food (depending on your personal taste) you've ever tasted, you've waited a while to go to this place, and you've prepared yourself to have this slice of food that you love, but you're really anticipating it and the hole you feel is unbearable.

Well imagine finally getting that slice of food, but you didn't get the whole slice. You just got half of it. You're really happy you finally got to have some of it, but it leaves you even hungrier for more.

That's the state PoE is in right now.
But I wouldn't worry, soon enough we're all going to have the whole slice.
"
Tuskan wrote:

i second that, they should give beta keys to whoever is spamming the forum that way there's less spam... spam away!! just kidding.... i want a key darnit! the stream reminds me of playing diablo2 for the first time, which i played for many years, im dieing to play this game damnit! lol how exciting!
Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
"
Septile wrote:

But really, what you all should see the beta timer as not a countdown to when you get your beta invite, but a symbol of how close the game is getting to being released to the masses. Yes, it is a few months. But GGG are making great strides and are working extremely hard to make the game as awesome as possible.

You also have to keep in mind that while Path of Exile is really fun even in beta, it's incomplete.
Just think of it at being some place that serves the most favorite slice of cake/pie/some food (depending on your personal taste) you've ever tasted, you've waited a while to go to this place, and you've prepared yourself to have this slice of food that you love, but you're really anticipating it and the hole you feel is unbearable.

Well imagine finally getting that slice of food, but you didn't get the whole slice. You just got half of it. You're really happy you finally got to have some of it, but it leaves you even hungrier for more.

but see youre in there, eating your food (lol) and most everyone else is outside, shivering in the cold and very hungry!

..but i agree with you btw
My biggest want is to get a chance to play and test before college starts,(the 25th) that combined with my job will literally suck away all my free time. And that timer, it makes sense but for those who are waiting, it's sheer torture lol. -sulks off to watch more anime while waiting-
I hate it, I want to play now, god damn it :)))
"
Septile wrote:

Says the person with a beta account .... IM WATCHING YOU -_-
Pfft. I hate this timer too. It's driving me nuts; literally like OP said 'santa's coming but he never comes.' Been staring at this damn thing the whole day and looks like I'm out of luck :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info