Need help with Cherrubim's Maleficence

Sup everyone,

I'm wondering how good is Cherrubim's Maleficence nowadays when changes to life leech in 2.0?

Before 2.0 I was playing ghudda's life leech based dw gs:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1131313

but when 2.0 went live I've respec to 2h ice crash.

Sadly he didn't update it for new patch ;___;

The thing is I have this bad boy (dropped recently) but I'm not sure is it worth those jews/fuses and trying to come up with similiar life leech dw build. Im not sure because I've heard that ll became worse than it was earlier.

Or maybe I should try vaal pact, but it was moved in the passive tree and I would like to start as a Duelist and use fortify and pick the nodes for it that are close to Duelist starting point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps.
(I apologise for my poor english - it isn't my first language)
Dualwield the consuming dark for PoisonSpray

Incinerate+Chaos+LMP+IronWill+Echo+++Leech(for 6L)

Jewel: Clear mind, Energysed armour, 2x rare with life/damage/projectile speed

Help Alira in Cruel
Delete on death.
Last edited by Whildus on Sep 1, 2015, 8:42:27 PM
"
Whildus wrote:

Incinerate+LMP+IronWill+Echo+Leech

Jewel: Clear mind, Energysed armour

"
The build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work

>.>

Also from what I can see on poe.trade consuming dark is around 5-6ex and the problem is im not wealthy player, probably even poor. (currently have like 4-5ex to spend, and I would be very happy in my pants if every single of those exalts will be wise spent).
Last edited by KR33P on Sep 1, 2015, 7:52:45 PM
Oh,this dagger worth 40 chaos in tempest league. maybe u can purchase a pair in hardcore then rip it to standard :)

probably ggg recentry changed they skill tree data, im using a 2.0 skill tree planner but no very updated xD.

and i forgot the Add chaos gem, 5L is ok for this build. life leech gem sould be used for 6L only, we have life regeneration to sustain skill cost.

"

Incinerate+Chaos+LMP+IronWill+Echo+++Leech(for 6L)

Jewel: Clear mind, Energysed armour, 2x rare with life/damage/projectile speed

Help Alira in Cruel
Delete on death.
"
KR33P wrote:
Sup everyone,

I'm wondering how good is Cherrubim's Maleficence nowadays when changes to life leech in 2.0?

Before 2.0 I was playing ghudda's life leech based dw gs:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1131313

but when 2.0 went live I've respec to 2h ice crash.

Sadly he didn't update it for new patch ;___;

The thing is I have this bad boy (dropped recently) but I'm not sure is it worth those jews/fuses and trying to come up with similiar life leech dw build. Im not sure because I've heard that ll became worse than it was earlier.

Or maybe I should try vaal pact, but it was moved in the passive tree and I would like to start as a Duelist and use fortify and pick the nodes for it that are close to Duelist starting point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps.
(I apologise for my poor english - it isn't my first language)

Gear like this actually increases your life leech, if you dont have Vaal Pact. Let's say, you have 2% life leech from gear. Then, with Cherrubim's chest, you'll essentially have 4% life leech instead.
Also, your leech cap per hit will be increased, so you'll leech 4% life per second with each hit, instead of 2% nominal. However, total 20% life leeched per second cap remains unchanged.

The problem is, that it most probably doesnt work for instant leech (with Vaal Pact or Acuity), and you usually dont need high leech values for non-VP characters anyway....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Thank you very much guys for help and feedback.
"
However, total 20% life leeched per second cap remains unchanged.

well, that's a bummer

That incinerate looks interesting.To be honest I've never tried BM build but I think I'll give it a try.

Another question:
Is there a viable melee build? For example WoE have chaos damage bonus, is it worth trying to do a build around them and this chest piece with cleave/dual strike?
I'll give it a bump...
"
KR33P wrote:
Is there a viable melee build? For example WoE have chaos damage bonus, is it worth trying to do a build around them and this chest piece with cleave/dual strike?

I guess you could make a melee build around chaos damage with edge of madness, alberon boots, added chaos and scale that with attack speed and chaos damage bonuses. It's on my to do list, but I'm not expecting much from it, usability in low tier maps at best with lackluster clear speed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
KR33P wrote:
Another question:

I dont think this chest is needed for any melee build. Melee builds usually deal Physical damage and leech from it. If they want more leech, they can easily get it. And melee builds that deal Elemental damage, use "life gained on hit" usually.
Attack build, that deal chaos damage, will just use Hungry Abyss jewel.

Cherubim's Malefince (and similar items) will shine for builds, that use spells and want to leech from that. You cant get leech for spels as easily as you do it for physical attacks. So, getting a boost to leech can help, in theory.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 3, 2015, 1:26:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info