Suggest me a build. I'm getting bored.

Classes start very soon, and I (probably) won't have enough time to PoE if I get myself a social life or a job again. I have less than a week to crank out one last build. One of my most recent builds was so darn good that every build thereafter has bored me to death.

I'm looking for another fun build that can tank a ton and nuke stuff with good AOE by level 80. No melee (unless you somehow have super-huge AOE/range), summoner, or totemer please. I have the following at my disposal, so feel free to suggest any mix of things that'll make a fun build. And if you know of a build that can do super-easy deathless Atziri runs before lvl75, hit me up because I'm trying to break my old record here.

-25 exalts + enough fusings to make anything 5L

-Bino's
-Doryani's Cat x2
-Divinarius x2

-Legacy CoD
-Legacy LC x2
-Carcass Jack
-BotB
-Max-roll maligaro's
-Rathpith x2
-Kaom's Roots x2
-Vertex
-Shaper's seed x2
-Alpha's Howl (maybe 4? not sure)
-Lioneye's Remorse

Plus the usual slew of sub-1ex uniques, quality/leveled gems, and leveling gear. I don't have any good rare wands or bows.

I also have decent CI gear, GG life gear, and some great hybrid items. I do have some really good armor pieces too, but no worthwhile evasion gear. Would love it if the suggestion did not involve crit. Also would love it if a suggested purchase was not a weapon, since those tend to be less versatile build-wise than armor pieces (e.g. mjolner is less flexible build-wise than shav).
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Sep 1, 2015, 2:19:32 PM
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
One of my most recent builds was so darn good that every build thereafter has bored me to death.

Aaand? Gotta know what we're measuring up against.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
If you change your mind about melee, go shield charger!
"
raics wrote:
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
One of my most recent builds was so darn good that every build thereafter has bored me to death.

Aaand? Gotta know what we're measuring up against.
10k ES, GR/ZO w/9% life regen, about 55-60k post-calculation DPS on Atziri by level 75. Lowest AOE deeps of 30k versus max/overcapped res mobs.

That was on a budget of, uh, 0 currency (except for the usual chromes) since I scrapped together what items I had. I guess the net worth would be about 6 exalts, tops?

For that little currency, I'm having a ton of trouble finding a better bang for the buck.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Sep 1, 2015, 3:38:20 PM
if you don't mind spending a ton of currency to gear just do a cast on crit build imo. they generally start working well around late 60s to early 70s.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Sep 1, 2015, 3:39:42 PM
Just one unset ring and a whole lot of moxie.
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Hmm, right.

Well, the fastest clearing cheap build I've got is a CoMK Cyclone/Shock Nova, under 5ex in total, I suppose. A pretty fun build when put together but it must be levelled as a caster until level 70 and can't tank shit, usually doesn't need to but attempting some of the harder map bosses is unwise, to say the least.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 1, 2015, 3:57:06 PM
Too bad you don't want totemer. I have a dual storm call totem with massive aoe that wrecks. It's awesome.

Cast on Crit is a goodie. You don't want melee but cyclone will synergize with increased aoe and quality bonuses for whatever aoe spell you use.

I'm out :0
I've been playing a crit reave claw character, using inc AoE gem to cover the whole screen with 8 stacks from Vaal Reave... It's not really melee

Defenses are coil, arctic armour, fortify, acro, dw block, vaal pact so it's pretty tanky (even with abyssus)
60k DPS with a 280pDPS claw + Death's Hand, but plenty of room for improvement here

character name TheGeneralist_II if you want to check it out
[2.2] Varunastra/Prismatic Eclipse DW Beserker /forum/view-thread/1604711
[2.2] Drunken Wretch - (Gladiator with The Retch + Broken Faith) /forum/view-thread/1656234
You should make an Oro's Sacrifice flicker strike char with three dragons to shock instead of ignite.

OR you could make a reflect char and use punishment...

Doryanis fist builds are pretty cool too...

Animate guardian build...

Use bino's knife, snakebite gloves and -max frenzy charge jews and make a sweet life regen build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info