How do you build "impact projectiles"

As the title says, how do you build around projectile skills that "explode on impact". Namely fireball, arctic breath and burning arrow.
Even with multi-projectiles the "coverage" these skills offer seems rather lackluster. Especially when a lot of other skills gems can so called "pierce" through the front-lines of packs without any support needed.
Ice Shot/Lightning Arrow doesn't seem to suffer this thanks to their secondary effect.
With this skills u not really building for aoe impact. As u see ur self, the area is so small, increasing it buy 100% still makes no difference and u cant go very much higher. U just build for many projectiles and take the impact as a bonus and very close standing enemies.

For example arctic breath with gmp and fork.

Other thing u can do with fire ball and burning arrow, is burn prolif build. But with the recent nerf to aoe size of that support, i dunno how effective such build would be now. They were ok before.
you could try linking the pierce gem with those skills so that you can get into the center of packs with the explosion
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Those projectiles only explode at the end of their journey, so piercing just moves the explosion location.

AoE still shotguns. For my Arctic Breath build I got the 40% Increased AoE from the tree and try to get overlapping explosions on monsters. You can really melt stuff with GMP explosions overlapping.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
AoE still shotguns. For my Arctic Breath build I got the 40% Increased AoE from the tree and try to get overlapping explosions on monsters. You can really melt stuff with GMP explosions overlapping.

Noted.
Any ideas on burning arrow though? I cant seem to think of how it would be better than <insert phys bow gem name> + Herald of Ash in most situations.
"
lemonades wrote:
Any ideas on burning arrow though? I cant seem to think of how it would be better than <insert phys bow gem name> + Herald of Ash in most situations.

Right, I think you can still bypass damage penalty on proliferation by linking it to herald of ash, they said it will be fixed at some point but I suppose it isn't as simple as it sounds.

Good thing they finally fixed AoE damage bonuses not applying on fireball ignites so Conc multiplier applied only once. It was reported a few months ago and the bug was in the game since forever.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It isn't a genuine impact projectile but Tornado Shot while running Herald of Ash simulates the same idea. Throw in Greater Multiple Projectiles and you can proliferate a huge AOE.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info