[2.0] Voltaxic LA Crit Purple Death / Fast Clear / No Reflect / 1 Million potential DPS

"
Saint_Grimm wrote:
It seems your skill tree is outdated.

I've just started playing again after a VERY long time and have found all my characters' skill trees have been reset. I had a lightning arrow shadow, and would like to keep that, but all of my old builds do not load in the skill-tree and neither does yours... Mind updating so I can get an idea of how my tree may have been built before? :P

The tree is up to date. I don't know why it is not working for you. Maybe I am using Poebuilder.

Here's the tree with the official website.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VUth4iaVFr8DHh9BBiO1SPPqKgtwUonTcNVd8g5IEZaTla0zGddtbDY9napirGyMVYWly-d06NYFtY2_1CP665LzXkVRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8-zzB8jX0j9k2SveZ_KznUdvcx-qCfVvrdRmOnEYHuDu960359df66AF4Zju2DCC78xQ2Nh3bjn0p9W68hdobOwTNOKkz_QzHDM1oav9VTu9rBLlN07QUteu_Tb41-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36E2esUkAowcd2oS3g6Qg==
What's the best chest for this build? Belly gives tons of life, but no defense really.
"
ayylmao13rfq wrote:
What's the best chest for this build? Belly gives tons of life, but no defense really.

Rare evasion chest. T1 life/evasion/resists
Last edited by gtrans on Sep 19, 2015, 7:10:43 PM
I play a similar build, as a Ranger. I have 5,2k life, i deal 35k damage with LA and generate Endurance Charges with Daresso`s Defiance.(they give you tankiness and you have the Charges for the CoC+IC combi)
As single target, i use Tornado shot, linked with LMP. The single target isnt the best, but good enough. Atziri and the most lvl 80+ maps are not very problematic to deal with. You already have good items and I think you could improve your build a bit.
The biggest thing, I was wondering about, why dont you use the jewel "Hungry Abyss". This jewel alone makes the build SO much stronger. (Life Leech recovers based on your Chaos Damage instead )
And the Jewel Static Electricity can give you a good damage boost and you can skill more life notes. (But I think you already play with it, just didnt see it in your guide)

The damage is not so important. There is not a big difference between 25k or 35k dps, the aoe clear speed is just insane.

Last edited by Beischmon on Sep 20, 2015, 11:25:29 AM
"
gtrans wrote:

Also, 31k GMP with GMP and Chain using Lightning Arrow. let me give you a quick math of it.

30 500 x 5 (GMP) = 152 500

152 000 x 2 (Chain) = 305 000

305 000 x 3 (LA aoe) = 915 000

Shock 915 000 x 1.5 = 1 372 000

All of it is Chaos damage...

-I know that GMP does not shotgun BUT if all 5 arrows hit a pack, the calculation is correct.
-I know that LA's aoe is limited to 3 nearby enemies. The calculation might differ depending on pack density and size.

Does any single target take 1.3M DPS though?

The most a single target in a pack takes is

1. Get hit by an initial gmp projectile (30.5)
2. Get slammed by LA's AOE from the other 4 Projectiles (30.5x4)
3. Either get chained to 4x (30.5) + hit by AoE from its own projectile (30.5) OR get hit by the AoE from 5 projectiles (5x30.5 total)

So in total a single target within a dense pack will take at most 305k DPS. Add shock, and you're around 400k. Since you're not crit capped and shock doesn't apply for each hit, you can't simply multiply by 1.5.

Still a very solid number, but it relies on chain, GMP, and pack density to combine and make one mob's life terrible.

I'm curious whether LMP+pierce would be more reliable? Also why not use windripper and elemental weakness?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Sep 20, 2015, 1:31:58 PM
I think it does not really matter, how much damage the aoe combi actually deals. Every pack is down in 1-2 seconds and i would not recommend this build without a loud and clear sound from a lootfilter, cause you kill so much offscreens. I think gtrans should better put some thoughts in his defence and the single target.
"
Beischmon wrote:
I think it does not really matter, how much damage the aoe combi actually deals. Every pack is down in 1-2 seconds and i would not recommend this build without a loud and clear sound from a lootfilter, cause you kill so much offscreens. I think gtrans should better put some thoughts in his defence and the single target.

Well obviouslly 300-400k DPS on a ranged attack is insane, and way more than you need.

I agree about survival and single target. I also think why not go with a phys bow instead of voltaxic. LA already converts, and with P2L you can chose whether you want 100% conversion or 50%.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Beischmon wrote:

Well obviouslly 300-400k DPS on a ranged attack is insane, and way more than you need.

I agree about survival and single target. I also think why not go with a phys bow instead of voltaxic. LA already converts, and with P2L you can chose whether you want 100% conversion or 50%.

Yeah, its for sure a possibility, but there are 2 big reasons for the Voltaxic and both are because of the Lightning to Chaos conversion.

1. Obviously, Ele- / Physreflect wont bother you. Chaos dmg reflect is rly rare.
2. With the Hungry Abyss Jewel, the leech from Blood Rage and with some leechs from tree/items, you`ll have over 2% Chaos Damage leech. You would not be able to leech so much from lightning damage. (But he doesnt play with this jewel, this should be changed, as i wrote in the comment above yours ;-))
Last edited by Beischmon on Sep 21, 2015, 10:27:15 AM
can anyone suggest a gem replacement if im using rats nest and only hatred/hoa?

i currently have a lightning arrow/frenzy build but obtained a voltaxic 6ld it

doing about 16-18k ish with lightning arrow with 7 frenzy, blood rage, and flame golem

66k ish with frenzy

but i dont use blood magic

LA-gmp-chain-phys proj-faster attacks
What jewels use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info