two level 90 toons, one 87 and one 86. still stuck on 74 maps.

1. i have completely no life'd this game since the warband and tempest leagues have started.(check my characters for warbands my profile is open.)

2. the last map drop update made it even worse.

3. please stop telling me to "learn to roll maps"

4. how can one be expected to trade for maps when all your currency went into maps already?

Please GGG make 75-79 sustainable, i could careless about 80+ i just dont want to reroll a 5th character into endgame just to give up AGAIN because maps are to easy and dont provide any exp do to being such low level garbage. I mean at this point i see no difference between a 76 and the dried lake in difficulty yet im still forced to run 74 maps.

i get you dont want people running 80+ all day everyday starting 3 days into a league. but i mean its been like a month of playing 10+ hours a day and im realllllllllllllllllllly getting sick of running 74s and 75s. especially when your playing on a level 90 character geared for hard content.

please fix the drop rates its horrible, its not fun.

EDIT: issue is i've been running the same 74-75 maps all day every day EVEN THO i've spent 10 hours+ perday since the warbands league has started, not the exp rates, not the exp rates im getting infact exp gained has nothing to do with this other then the fact that 74-75 maps give bad exp relative to the maps i should be running.

EDIT 2: PLEASE stop and read. yes, the first edit please read the first edit.
I HAVE NOT DONE ALL THE AVAILABLE 78/79 AND ABOVE MAPS, THIS IS THE ISSUE THAT I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT ALL THE TILSETS ARE FOR 79 MAPS BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY WILL NOT DROP AS I SAID ABOVE 10+HOURS ADAY FOR 30 DAYS STRAIGHT AND NOT A SINGLE LUCKY DAY WHERE I GET MAPS THAT ARE ABOVE 75.
ALL THE CAKE. ALL THE CAKE. ALL THE CAKE. ALL THE CAKE. ALL THE CAKE. ALL THE CAKE. ALL THE CAKE.
Last edited by malms on Aug 28, 2015, 4:07:36 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just because you bring up exp gain, you do realize the difference is minimal at that level right?
When players are bored game is no fun. Easy way to make someone bored is play god mode hacks which is basically what a 90 geared character running <74 maps is, god mode. It's ridiculous.

I dont even agree that just up to 79 should be sustainable because some trivialize those too. There should be no limits only limited by what you can do which would necessitate like bosses on 50% maps dropping level of map but I'll take your compromise. Anythings is better than current system
Git R Dun!
Hey there. I'm not intend to tell you what you should do or not but since it seems you are a solo player running map as i'm let me tell you it will be hard to sustain map pool without investing few currencies to getting started on it.

I've been getting terrible maps drops before 2.02 i wouldn't call that a fix but i can notice a slightly increased drop " if currencies invested ".

Soo what i did to getting back to map pool has been buying few 77 maps ( they go for few chaos ) and just running them chiseld / alched / vaaled.

It allowed me to get some +1 level map with corruption and i also dropped some 78 this way ( note that my build allow me to run any mods for nearly any map level except 82 core malachai and probably uber havn't tried her with it yet ).

Soo at this point be sure you won't drop maps even after 2.02 after all runs but you can if you invest all your currencies get back to 79/81 fairly easy by just using ambush zana mod and rolling magic monsters on boxes.

This is really costly if you are alone as you probably already noticed and i wouldn't recommend anything else than running in group and ask for fee if you can't afford that.

A guy posted a google doc with the map he ran between 99/100 and zana mod he added on them i can't find it but take a look at it if you have a chance to :)

Even by following this way you still won't drop always higher level map but at least you will be able to easily sustain lower level from 74 to 77 :)

This is all i can tell you i'm actualy level 94 in warbands ( i was i stopped PoE today ).
Maybe more tips can be shared trought your thread but i don't think GGG will Adress any other changes before a while.

That's it :) gl hf

Edit: Hundreds of chaos used so far. They want to force the group play. I hate to be forced. Specialy when group play is really dumb in PoE with perf troubles / allocation troubles / ping / leavers / etc ... )
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 27, 2015, 11:52:37 PM
Developing chars to get more and more powerful will eventually lead to the point where everything is very easy. This is inevitable and also the very goal of every build actually.

The harder you try the sooner you'll get to this point. You need to push through that if you want to succeed. To trivialize content is the ultimate goal of ARPG's. To farm even faster, to get even more items in a shorter period of time. It's about getting items which makes your char's even more powerful and trivialize content even more.

That's why buying items defeats the purpose of the game because once you reach 90 you are done. For a selffounder it just starts to get interesting by then. From 90 upwards it is about getting stuff and the leveling happens on the side.

Last edited by MangoXL on Aug 28, 2015, 2:46:26 AM
D3 2.3.0 patch deployed and Season 4 starts today.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
D3 2.3.0 patch deployed and Season 4 starts today.

Not for awhile
That's what I keep saying again and again : maps access should be limited by DIFFICULTY and not by RARITY.

All maps up to 82 (and more in the future) should be decently sustainable but only the highest chars with the most optimized builds and equipment would be able to run them (including in solo). And the rewards would be in-line with such difficulty. That would be much better for us players, I think.

And who cares if someone reaches level 100 too fast ? I mean, once you're level 100, you get absolutely bored anyway, because there's no more progression, so you roll another char. I've had a level 99 sorceress in Diablo2 (max level) and I was proud about her but it didn't prevent me to try gazillions of other builds, and thus keep playing the same game.

What's more, if the difficulty of higher maps is increased, it would become more and more difficult to reach level 100.

GGG really has to rethink the whole map/XP system to make it FUN, CHALLENGING and REWARDING again.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
That's what I keep saying again and again : maps access should be limited by DIFFICULTY and not by RARITY.

The funny thing is that if GGG made the 80+ maps easily found but really hard (and when I mean hard, I mean Uber Atziri hard), then players would whine about "crazy monster damage" and "unfair oneshots shit game fuck that I'm quitting". Oh well.
"
Dawmz wrote:
The funny thing is that if GGG made the 80+ maps easily found but really hard (and when I mean hard, I mean Uber Atziri hard), then players would whine about "crazy monster damage" and "unfair oneshots shit game fuck that I'm quitting". Oh well.

You got it : it's all a matter of BALANCE.

Balance and difficulty curve is probably the hardest thing to twink in an ARPG.
Counter-example : Act4 bosses vs Act1/2/3 bosses...
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Aug 28, 2015, 3:35:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info