[2.0] arrond Lightbane Raiment

Hi all,

My first topic on marauder build section, i love this classe and i try to build only marauders.
Since a long time, i want to find a use for Lightbane Raiment ! Why this item exist if there dont have any viable/fun builds ?

New version have 30% phy to chaos dmg conversion, wow nice and 100% chance to create desecrate ground, hummm why not. I buy an old 5L version and i divine it (i have the 3 versions in my stash lol).

Some tests

To make some experiments arround this chest, i build a shadow 85 with this chest and try to up DoT and chaos dmg in passiv tree ... Dps was very low, very very low, zZzzz. I think it not the right way to use Lightbane.

Ok, my shadow have ton of %chaos dmg increase and DoT damage. So, i buy a bino's and take Aders touch (and ZO cause my shadow have CI :D). Wow, Bino's regen is amazing ! More than 800 es/s oO At this moment, i play cyclone with physical gem, damage is good. But i dont use special ability of lightbane raiment :(

I continue my experiments. Why not use detonate dead linked with CWDT, hummmm its work ! In this case, proc rate is low and damage medium.
Next setup (and few chroms later), i link my cyclone with CoC and detonate dead ... oh oh i think i find something nice :D AoE damage not bad (based on 6% corpses life), single target damage suck (only 2 sockets remains on my 5L to up physical damage, passive tree is full of ES and critical).

All chaos passive points are near shadow's start. I hate ES based melee characters, physical mitigation, bleed, ignite, bloodrage are hard to manage. You cant scale tankiness and damage with STR :( I prefer reroll to a duelist or a marauder. I choose to make a marauder for his look of butcher (bino knife and lot of dead corpses :D).

For this build, my whishlist is :
- Use lightbane raiment special abilities (30% conversion and drop desecrate on block)
- Use bino huge regen when kill a poisonned enemy
- Use detonate dead with triggers

(initial idea is make a kind of singed or mundo, league of legends characters. i dont find a build near this idea :( )

How to poisonned ?

We have 5 ways to poisonned an enemy :

- Adder touch, the famous passive point, need critical strike
- Mark of the doubt knight, 25% of chance on critical
- Mortem Morsu, poison on hit (todo : try in off hand with only main hand attacks)
- Snakebite, attack poison on hit when full frenzy charge (need get frenzy fastly in fight, not good)
- Consuming dark, simply say "your chaos damage poisons enemies". I dont know exactly how it work, but seems OP, no ? :D

We can travel to Adder touch from marauder, no prob but isnt too expensive ? Doubt knight is an easy and cheap option in critical way, a little random :s Mortem morsu give more chaos conversion and can be use with or without critical strike. I dont test Snakebite, we can get frenzy with bloodrage on kill but we need poison asap, i dont like this glove. Last one is a new item from 2.0, it seems usefull, i bought one for 6ex :s lol

How to block ?

To proc lightbane, we dont need lot of %block. I think 50% is a good goal. If you take adder touch, you can equip a shield, a safer option and cheaper ? I try aegis aurora on my shadow test, ES regen is based on armor, i only have 2k lol :D On a marauder with 10k armor, why not.

You can block in dual wielding option, more harder to get %block. Doubt knight give +5% block, other one give only dualwielding bonus. There are two cluster of dual wielding points near duelist aera, they give +9%. I will try dual to test, i think shield build is better.

I have an amulet since some years in my stash, i never need it in a build. I want use The Anvil, i love this item but why so much malus ? :'( I need %block and i can move with flame dash ou whriling blades :D

Crtical or RT ?

I dont want lose my 9.9% crit on my bino :D A resulote technique build should be cheaper and by the way, tankiest. Damage and regen are better with critical, i think. PoE take highest hit to calculate regen during regen buff. Lowest hits only refresh timer, not the amount. Bino's users generaly takes abyssus :D

How to proc detonate dead ?

I see 2 main method and 1 secondary. Firstly with a CWDT lvl 1, detonate do 6% corpse life at all levels. And linked on main attack, we can use CoC or COMK. COMK have an intersting %damage bonus and proc at each kill. CoC can proc more but dont have damage bonus.

Versus a boss without adds, i think CoC is better (with desecrate corpse). I dont no how much % critical i reach, i will try CoC first.

Consuming dark ?

I make some test with this item. On my shadow without adder touch, i try a both hands attack, its work. With a RT character, i try both hand and main hand only, poison is applied. Poison proc on each main hand hits :)

With this dagger, 75% ! of all fire damage convert to chaos, OMG. Work with herald of ash, anger, flame dash ! detonate dead !! certainly molten and vaal molten shell :D Nice synergie with detonate dead.

Main attack ?

I dont know :D I test cyclone and viper strike. Cyclone doesn't like my internet access :D If we grab chaos passive points, viper strike should be strong. If off hand lower too much DPS, double strike sound interesting. In my vision of this build, main attack must be single target. Proc of detonate do the AoE job.

----

This marauder is currently level 32 :D Its a really work in progress build but i think we can do smoething with lightbane raiment lol. If u have chaos damage tips or other improvments, i need :D my first chaos build.
Last edited by Gambbang on Aug 25, 2015, 8:00:58 PM
I make some test and desecrate ground from lightbane raiment dont have any corpses :(
Main idea behind this build dont work :D I hope, one day, lightbane drop some dead corpses !

Only one usefull thing is damage conversion, 30% is a high ratio. Consuming dark pretty bad with both hands attack. If i want use this item, i need to take double strike.

Viper strike have a huge damage stacking, perfect for boss. If i go 1H+shield, i take viper strike.

I think drop consuming dark and take adder touch and some dagger/critical points, espcialy critical multiplier (a 30 and a 40%). And of course take maximum of chaos/DoT dmg points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info