[ 2.0.2 ] Shiro Kenji "Discharge" Build ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Not HC Viable. O'RLY? Yes Sir! But Fun!

// Stopped playing PoE until the next League //

Hello everyone and welcome to my "Discharge" Guide.

In the past I played many different Dischage Builds with different character classes and Builds.
So I've decided to write my own Guide for a 2.0 Discharger that doesn't rely on CoC or Mjölner.
Somehow I ended up with this Build and didn't expect it to work this well!
Even doe I'm still Gearing up and Leveling my Character I think it's time to make a Guide,

That's how it looks like playing it

Before you keep reading my Guide you should know basic game knowledge or you'll die alot!

Pros & Cons
+ Insane DMG
+ A lot of fun
+ Not that expensive
+ Can carry partys and isn't as annoying as CoC
- Reflect Hurts
- Might get boring over time
- Will never reach CoC and Mjölner end game DPS but only a few Builds do that anyway.

The reason is that this Build relies on high critical strike chance and Gearing knowledge and
Flask management is very important!

THE BUILD WORKS BEST ON THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
> Templar "Very Fast" Leveling speed
> Witch "Fast" Leveling speed
> Shadow "Medicore" Leveling speed (preferred)

The Gameplay
You have to use Ice Spear at the beginning to get your first Power Charge and if you ever run out of charges you can use Vaal Storm call or Ice Spear to get Power Charges back.
For Rare Mobs and Bosses you can use Vaal Storm call for a huge Single Target burst.

Used game mechanics

Discharge (PRIMARY SKILL)
Discharge is a Huge AoE Burst Skill that uses Charges for a insane amount of Burst.

Flame Dash (MOVEMENT & UTILITY)
The reason is simple we don't want to walk the whole way around just to get up a cliff.

Herald of Ice, Wrath & Thunder
We use Herald of Ice & Thunder for our Curse Setup and DMG Boost and Wrath for the Bonus Lightning Damage.

Assassin's Mark
For the bonus Critical Strike Multiplier, Power Charges and Critical Strike Chance.

> Keystone < Vaal Pact
Huge Amount of Burst = Huge Amount of Instant Leech makes sense right?

Stats

Discharge
Feels more like 200K

Defence

Gem Setup

> 4 Link - Vaal Storm Call + Concentrated Effect + Lightning Penetration + Spell Echo
> 4 Link - Herald of Thunder + Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark
> 3 Link - Blood Magic + Ice Spear + Summon Ice Golem
> 3 Link - Blood Magic + Flame Dash + ( Wrath not Linked )
> 5 Link - Discharge + Increased Area of Effect + Life Leech + Blood Magic + Ice Bite

Passive Tree

What Bandit Reward should I take?

Normal Difficulty: Help OAK for +40 Life
Cruel Difficulty: Kill them All!
Merciless Difficulty: Alira for +1 Powercharges

Gear
Mandatory
A 5L Voll's is a must have

Current

You want the highest spell critical strike chance daggers as possible spell damage and crit multi are optional but nice to have.

Leveling Guide:
ZiggyD Leveling Guide!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFXNjpVu6k

Videos
Bad Quality and some FPS Drops that's why I lost so much hp often could not use Flasks correctly and dodge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7z3g-Tv-yo&feature=youtu.be&pxtry=3

Version-History

[26.08.2015 - Video Added]
[24.08.2015 - Guide Created]

For quick questions Ign: Shiro_Kenji

Enjoy the Build!

..and leave feedback if u like...

Last edited by LessFluff on Nov 28, 2015, 10:25:02 AM
Added a shitty Video
[Reserved]
Last edited by LessFluff on Aug 26, 2015, 11:19:35 AM
I have been thinking about ice bite discharge as well and I've been a fan of self cast discharger but I don't see why you can't make it hc viable there's ways to make discharge more consistant and to mitigate reflect you could have 2 es with VP and gr

For instance
Romira's Banquet allows you to run whirling blades with fortify to immediately generate the first charge and to sustain if you don't crit

I also think that jewels are the path to optimal discharge results
As all element crit affixes work for discharge + spell damage which scales both cold and lightning damage doing this you might think about using the BM helm instead of auras and using crit multi which will get you more damage.
Last edited by mageslay3r on Sep 10, 2015, 3:35:12 PM
Bump
Last edited by LessFluff on Oct 31, 2015, 11:06:22 AM
Hey I have never played a discharger and I am doing this build and using Flameblast to help with leveling. How do I transition into using Discharge? What is the process I need to do?
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
// Closed for now //
Last edited by LessFluff on Feb 3, 2016, 9:57:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info