[2.0] King's Warmage - Hyaon's Fury and Mjölner

Have you ever wanted to make a Warmage in PoE? I have and I finally did.

King's Warmage strikes with his mighty weapons, casts spells, discharges huge explosions of energy and drains life.

Can be played as Templar or Duelist!

This build uses Hyaon's_Fury sword and Mjölner mace.

The main skill we use is Cyclone that attacks with both weapons. Hits from Hyaon's Fury deal damage directly, and hits from Mjölner trigger spells.

Spells that we use are Arc and Discharge (If you don't like Discharge, check below). Arc chains, does a nice amount of damage, just enough to clear trash mobs and shock, and Discharge that helps with boss fights/rares, but also works for clearing because of AoE nodes from tree. They are linked with Life leech so you can keep using Cyclone with Blood Magic and leech some extra life.

Having two curses is very important. First curse is Elemental weakness that lowers resists by 40%. That means 40% MORE damage (or more, depending on mobs resistance). Second curse is Warlord's Mark that, most importantly, provides us with extra 2% of life leech and helps us with staying alive all the time.

PROs

You are a Warmage
That means you look cool.
And kill fast.
Nice survivabiity

CONs

It's not the most powerful Mjolner build, it can't kill Uber like some other Mjolner builds. But it's very strong.
It's quite expensive. Not as expensive as other Mjolner builds, tho.
Discharge is not potato friendly. Make sure you have a decent PC. I play on my old laptop and it freezes from time to time. (or check below for discharge-free version!)

Gear

To make this build work, you'll need Hyaon's Fury, Mjolner, Romira's ring and Astramentis amulet. The rest of gear is used to cap res, have more life, reach 412 str and 300 int, have more damage etc.

It might be better to use new nerfed Mjolner because we'll have a bit more time to get charges and make Discharge stronger. I, honestly, didn't do the math.

Daresso's defiance is BiS for this build since it gives you 100% chance to get End charge on kill. However, Warlord's Mark curse gives you 30% chance to get a End charge on kill, so you could swap Daresso's for any other body armour, preferably Belly of the Beast, Carcass Jack, Lightning Coil etc.

Another thing that's possible is to remove Astramentis. I'll do that very soon.

Passive Tree

30 Pts tree

Use Lifesprig and Dual flame totems for leveling.

60 Pts tree

Take fire damage nodes. You'll respec em later when you switch to Hyaon's / Mjolner.

90 Pts tree

Switch to Hyaon's / Mjolner when your level is high enough to equip em.

Respec fire nodes, take lightning nodes. Equip jewels.

120 Pts tree

Take remaining nodes. Either go for life or damage first.

How to get charges

Power charges - Romira's and Resolute technique. You never deal crit strikes, so every hit grants you power charges

Frenzy charges - Blood Rage has a 25% chance to give you a frenzy charge on kill

Endurance charges - Daresso's defiance has a 100% chance to give you endurance charges on kill. Warlord's Mark also has a chance, but it doesn't matter.

Bandits

N: Oak
C: Kill all
M: Alira / Oak (Alira is better)

GEMS

6L - Cyclone + Faster attacks + Weapon elemental damage + Lightning penetration + Blood Magic (+ Added lightning damage for 6L)

4L helmet - Leap slam + Faster attacks + Fortify + Blood Magic

4L boots - CWDT + Immortal call + Increased duration + Blood Rage

4L gloves - Herald of Thunder + Curse on hit + Warlord's Mark + Elemental Weakness

3L Mjolner - Arc + Discharge + Life leech

3L Hyaon's - Wrath + Purity of Elements + Flame golem or Chaos golem or Enlighten lvl2+

Auras

Wrath - huge dmg boost.
Herald of Thunder - nice dmg boost and dmg dealer + dual curse on hit setup.
-------------
Purity of Elements - If you can't get enough res from gear and Jewels, use this. If you have enough res, drop Purity and Reduced Mana reserved nodes and use Arctic Armour (We won't get less phys and fire dmg taken because we are not static, but we can chill and slow bosses.

Screenshots

Offence

Tooltip DPS on Cyclone is around 14k. To calculate real Cyclone dps we have to multiply it with 1.4 (Ele Weakness 40% less res), 1.4 once more (Lightning penetration almost 40% less lightning res) and 1.5 (Mobs are always shocked so that's 50% more dmg. We get around 35k Cyclone dmg

Again, when we add multipliers (40% ele weakness 50% shocked) it's 8400 dps

add multipliers (40% ele weakness 50% shocked) and we get 27000 HIT

I'm only lvl80, so damage will be even better!

Defence

I'm only lvl80, so life should be around 5k.

You want to play Mjolner, but don't like discharge or/and have a low end pc? Try this!

Instead of Discharge, put 2 x Arc and life leech in Mjolner and use this tree!

You don't need Daresso's defiance and romira's anymore, can use anything else! You also don't need power charge from alira, so you can take frenzy charge from Kraytin. You'll have enough res to remove one aura - Purity of elements, so you don't need Mana reserved nodes.

Jewels

Ok, I crafted some nice jewels and managed to get rid of Purity of Elements. Using Arctic Armour instead. The only thing I utilize from AA is chilled ground so I can slow down bosses/mobs.

Last edited by kralj87 on Oct 5, 2015, 7:29:49 PM
Feel free to post any comments / questions!
Updated - Added videos and Jewels, removed Purity of Elements.
What is the point using blood magic in cwdt setup??

also

Your current gem setup didn't use blood rage.
"
caffarella wrote:
What is the point using blood magic in cwdt setup??

also

Your current gem setup didn't use blood rage.

Oh, it's a typo! Thx for mentioning :) It should've been Blood Rage, not Blood Magic :)
I love this idea and find it really inspiring. Great job!
To go with the theme, I think you should try bringer of rain (legacy) to go with the warmage theme. I personally use a self created uber viable bor aegis max block mjolner build. Works great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info