SRS || scion/witch/templar || cheap&strong || in-depth guide || 2.0

I'm trying this build for the darkshrine event. Leveling was painful until I got spell echo, then it really seemed to take off. A couple of questions
1. When did you drop clarity?
2. Do you run hatred and haste always?
3. Do you have a technique for dealing with huge mobs, such as the arenas on the way to Daresso?
4. Flesh Offering is new to me. When/how often do you cast it?
5. No movement gem? That seems strange to me.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by VernoInferno on Nov 4, 2015, 1:05:27 PM
"
VernoInferno wrote:
I'm trying this build for the darkshrine event. Leveling was painful until I got spell echo, then it really seemed to take off. A couple of questions
1. When did you drop clarity?
2. Do you run hatred and haste always?
3. Do you have a technique for dealing with huge mobs, such as the arenas on the way to Daresso?
4. Flesh Offering is new to me. When/how often do you cast it?
5. No movement gem? That seems strange to me.

Thanks!!!

You can go to act 1 and ask a witch to buy a Clarity from Nessa. Just offer something like a chromatic and you should be done. Try yo buy it as soon as possible, it's vital in the very first stages.

I always run Haste, Hatred and Clarity as soon as I can keep all of the me. If you still don't have enough reduction in mana reserved just drop haste, and keep Hatred with Generosity.

Huge mobs are usually not a problem in late game. Your zombies and golem will keep them busy while your spirits kill them. If you have troubles in early game you can try something like Decoy Totem.

Flesh Offering is another vital skill. Around 20-25% MORE movement AND attack speed for your minions is a huge buff. Try to have one always active, so cast another one as soon as its effect ends. It's a global buff, so every minion will be affected no matter how far it is. That's important to know. I should write these lines in my guide in next update.

A momevement gem can be a good option, particularly in early game. In late game might be redundant, depending on your style. Also because you already have to use a lot of skills, but that's up to you. Consider using Flame Dash, or maybe Phase Run is even better. I'll try them out as well and see if it's worth.
Level 81 in Darkshrine and this build is really powerful. The clear speed is insanely fast. The only problem is that it is a glass cannon bulid. I get one shot about once per day. You have to be really careful on how you position yourself. Maybe I am doing something wrong, below is my gear and passive tree. Any input is appreciated.

3100 life
700 es

Spoiler

And here is my tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4EBwSzCGcI9BcvGDwYahmKGo8c3B0UHaodviL0JLAk2Cj6L28y0TOHNZI6WD8nQYdFR0WdRnFKyEyzTblTUlXGVdZYB1ltWpFfKl-YX7Bk52pDaqxr22wLbRluqm-ecLt4L3zlfRh_xoCkgseDCYPbhWCFbY9GkyeTOprgm6GbtaIApwiofarErJi0DLXytz64k7zqvSe-isBUwGbBxcM6ykrK08y8zzLT-9WB2CTYvdkT4Yjr5Ovu7Bjsivba99f56PrS-wn-Cv5J?accountName=VernoInferno&characterName=VernoSRS
Looks like you have definitely little life and energy shield.
I'm around 4500/1500 and I can survive pretty much everything.
My tree takes a few life/ES nodes, so it's good to raise both, especially on your body armor.
Don't worry too much about physical damage reduction, Immortal Call will take care of it well enough.

And yes, positioning is important and you will survive better once you do it well.

Also, the more damage the more you survive. Most of worst enemies, like Rohas and Goats, usually die while chargin me. Just wait for your gems to level, it will get better.

Edit: I took a look at your tree.
If you think you already have enough mana regen and enough "reduced mana reserved" you might want to reallocate a few points to grab jewel slots.
Jewels are OP, just try those that come with quests, some reduce mana reserved. And you can grab cast speed, extra energy shield and minion damage.
Last edited by Pope_touched_me on Nov 11, 2015, 8:18:32 AM
Bump because why not

giving this a go so thanks for sharing just one question how do we tell how much dps we are doing as the tooltip does not show dps?
IGN: The_Nutcase
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
giving this a go so thanks for sharing just one question how do we tell how much dps we are doing as the tooltip does not show dps?

We don't.
As far as I know there's no way to read an accurate DPS tooltip.
I think there are some calculators out there but they just do an estimate.
The best way to evaluate the damage is to face a boss with a well-known life pool and measure how long it takes to kill it.
Using this method, SRS damage has been estimated from 10 to 15 milion DPS single target with auras and Vaal Haste and with maxed amount of spirits summoned.

On a side note, I'll try to update the guide for 2.1. A few things should change with less damage and faster cast, we'll see.
Bump and added some 2.1 notes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info