[2.0 Tempest] Elemental wander (Kinetic blast)

Hey, I've been enjoying my elemental wander in Tempest so far, so I thought I'd share the build. Level 86 right now, clears 76+ easily.

Made this character because I wanted to see if a wander can survive in a hardcore league while going heavily into offence, while having a decent lifepool. Appears it can.

Clears maps supereasily - everything dies faster than they can reach you.
Has a decent amount of life - 5k+
Has Eldrich Battery for full mana reservation and Energy Shield on hit jewels.
I've spent about 40-50 Chaos on this character.

Gear
Spoiler
Mainly defensivly evasion and life + resists (also chaos resist). Also you need some accuracy rolls on some gear.

Wand

Try to find a good wand with flat elemental rolls and high crit. (Lightning and cold preferred)

Rings, amulet, belt

Just as the wand, flat elemental rolls are the best. Even better if you can get Elemental Damage with Weapons on them.

Other
Helmet best with accuracy on it.

A 6-link body with Energy Shield so we get a better ES pool to attack with. I've got a corrupted 6link with the right colours for Kinetic blast. (Cheap on tempest due to corrupting tempest)

Gloves need flat elemental damage and attackspeed if possible. Also needs energy shield and evasion base.

Boots blooddance for the life regen as a slight defence mechanic and the more damage multiplier.

Shield can have a nice amount of resists and Evasion/Energy shield

Skilltree

Gems
Spoiler

Main attack: Kinetic blast - Greater multiple proj - Weapon elemental damage - Added lightning damage - Faster attacks - Chain
Every gem is pretty much essential, might take out faster attacks or chain for 5link.
Chain lets us get more Energy shield back with attacks and get a faster and smoother clear.

Single target: Power siphon - weapon elemental damage - faster attacks - added cold damage
Cold damage so we can chill/freeze bosses or rares.

Auras: Herald of ice + Herald of thunder + Curse on hit + Assassins mark
This generates us powercharges. Usually always at max powercharges this way.

Other 50% reservation has multiple options:Im using Arctic armor for defence and Herald of ash(for overkill burn and to fill 25% reservation left by Arctic armor).
Might also use Wrath for more damage or Grace for more defence.

Other: Frost wall for some bosses for Kinetic blast interaction, Chaos golem for 4% damage reduction, Flame dash for movement and Enduring cry for endurance charges.

Stats
Spoiler
Defence:
I've got really low evasion, but Ive managed to survive quite well.

Offence:
Don't have high quality or high level gems(18)
15k DPS with kinetic in a 6link with Chain and GMP.

Other info
Dealing with reflect - The removal of Thornflesh bloodlines mod makes this build possible.
The Rare Elemental reflect monster will kill you when you're in a party.
In solo play it usually doesn't have much of an effect. But the lightning damage spikes still makes reflect dangerous. I've almost died to reflect many times.
Could use a Topaz flask.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal - Oak for life
Cruel - Kraityn for attack speed
Merciless - Powercharge (gives more damage than Frenzy when using Blood dance boots)

I wouldn't advise running hard rare maps unless you are willing to die in hardcore.
Might add videos later.
Last edited by anusblender on Aug 30, 2015, 7:29:20 AM
A really good build mate

Love itt
Hi blender. Build looking good. Would appreciate a demo vid when you've got the time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info