2.0.2b Patch Notes, 1000th News Post and Old Screenshots!

• This screenshot was the previous "oldest screenshot" we had posted in the news a few years ago. The full post with other old screenshots is here.
  • Here's a similar screenshot that shows what the inventory used to look like back in the first week or two of its existence.
  • This is the oldest Path of Exile screenshot that exists. It dates back to late 2006, when the game as basically Multiplayer Asteroids. You could log into the realm, move around and fire projectiles at other players. There were no 3d graphics or items at all. This represents around one month of development from Chris and Jonathan, before Erik made it out to join us in New Zealand.
  • Here's a look at how we initially planned item attribute ratios in very early 2007. After deciding on the Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence system, it shows one of our early attempts to lay items out with different ratios. Many of those early item ideas made it into Path of Exile as real items with similar ratios.

At some stage we'll put together a more complete gallery of the development progress of Path of Exile.

By the way, Bex is away next week so I'll be handling the news!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 20, 2015, 10:07:30 PM
Allways fun to see those old screenshots! :)
WTB Repeating Crossbow :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
nerf master crafting
Come back soon Bexy!

Bex is Love; Bex is Life!
Hope you had a good vacation, Chris. :)
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:

I did! Thanks :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:

I did! Thanks :)

Glad to have you back man :)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Yay, Chris is back. Glad to see you enjoyed your vacation. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
xDaTzX wrote:
nerf master crafting

Nerf your bleeding va....

Oh hey welcome back chris! :D
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info