Critical Mass | Singularity Cyclone Build

Hello everyone,

Here is my new build that I have been having fun with based around cyclone and

*I assume you understand most game mechanics, this guide is probably not noob friendly
*This is just an end game build guide, not for leveling

Requirements

-Crit Weapon (Build)
-Empire's grasp
-Surgeon's Eternal Mana Flask of Fending
-Cyclone (duh)

Empire's Grasp and KB
KB=knockback
with 100% knockback and cyclone's insane attack speed, you leash monsters, like dogs in a park. The less move speed, the higher your attack speed and the larger your aoe, the easier it is to leash large packs of mobs. Also you make bosses look like dogs.

The Synergy
The key to making this build work is critical strikes. Besides giving a lot of DPS, it also gives a lot of flask charges. Cyclone hits very quickly but consumes a lot of mana so its only natural to combine them. The knockback... well, I don't think that needs to be explained.
I use a staff because its a crit orientated weapon and I get free power charges which rack up really fast with a perpetual knockback cyclone

Mana Management and Playstyle
If you like to play AFK or without effort, this build is not for you.

First off, cyclone is a skill that consumes mana based on clicks and not hits, the closer you click to your character, the more mana it will consume. [Protip: don't mash your mouse, just hold it, the distance is what matters]

With slight variations in skill trees and gear, each character will have different mana characteristics, to balance the mana and cost requires slight micromanagement (you just have to pay attention). Start by cycloning and using up some mana, then pop your mana flask. When cycloning hold your mouse button down and pay attention to your mana consumption. Keeping popping flasks every few seconds, pop more when running out and don't when you're close to full, simple. When your mana is unable to sustain your current cyclone frequency (you click too close to your toon) increase the distance between your mouse and your character which will drastically slow cyclone's mana gobbling. On the other hand when your mana is always full (you get no knockback effect) decrease the distance to consume more mana. It's all a balancing act, but after playing for a while you will get used to the optimal distance and flask popping frequency for your character and this would be less of a hassle. [Protip: Use an eternal mana flask for its low charge cost and high duration]

My Gear

BM Variant
So basically you forgo all mana stats and go BM with gem (or if you don't want auras, just get the keystone) Instead of the mana flask opt to craft the same stats (crit recharge and knockback) on granites, or quicksilvers or other utility flasks. Granites are harder to sustain as they have a high charge cost and lower duration, quicksilvers have a lot higher duration and lower charge cost (If you go quicksilver, you probably have to drop movespeed from boots so your cyclone actaually hits something instead of just you zooming around)

What's Next
Gonna try out daresso's salute for more aoe currenly I have +3 range from tree with jewels

That's the basics of it, will add more content if people are interested or just as I go along, thanks guys!
Last edited by AridZephyr on Aug 22, 2015, 5:09:43 AM
Vid???

DPS???????
Last edited by katchwi on Oct 13, 2015, 6:47:34 PM
no vid, no gain
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info