[2.0] CoD(MoM) | EB | GR KB 35K solid ^KnallerBraut^ !!!NO Shav!!!

Moin folks,

this build I started because I was quite disappointed of the influence the 2.0 update had on my dual wield bloodseeker shadow that was rocksolid until then. I played around but didn't manage to have fun with my beloved char.

Since melee is dead in my opinion from now on I looked on my equip to build a ranged char. Looking through my stash I found a 6L Cloak of Defiance that I wanted to make use of. So I decided to give Kinetic Blast a chance as I already played that gem time ago in a league.

After watching out how to use MoM with EB and GR in the forums I finally managed to get a quite solid build even without perfect gear.

Offense:
Offense mainly relies on Critical Strikes. You will deal physical damage and elemental damage with projectiles. Therefore the build is boosted by increases to any of those damage types. Attack speed is always good but not a main attribute to go for in the tree in my opinion.

You gain power charges through Herold of Ice and Herald of Thunder which are both linked to Curse on Hit and Assasin's Mark.

As you use Eldritch Battery you will have 100% mana reserved for auras (Link setup below). You don't have to care about mana costs as you pay with your ES which in turn is nearly always-up from leech and Ghost Reaver.

Kinetic Blast is our main damage skill. It will blast nearly anything like nothing. Special large groups of monsters take additional damage from the explosions dealt by KB.

Screenshot KB:
Spoiler

For single target you use Power Siphon. It has buildin Culling Strike so you can finish rares and bosses quickly.

Screenshot PS:
Spoiler

Defense:
Cloak of Defiance has build-in Mind over Matter effect. The legacy version even has an additional 10% damage taken from mana before life. So you have a total of 40% of damage taken from mana before life. If you use the non-legacy version you only have 30% from MoM.

For that reason the relation life to ES should be the same. With legacy CoD it should be 60% life to 40% ES, with new version 70% life to 30% ES, e.g. for me having the legacy CoD the relation is 3500 life to 1900 ES which is ~ 64% life to 37% ES. I tend to have a bit more life as ES is supported by leech.

So you don't have to care about ES, it will be up by Life Leech gem and Ghost Reaver. Life in oppsite is only supported by low regeneration rate and flasks. If you want to play a safer way than mine you will have to use Life Gain on Hit instead of Weapon Elemental Damage gem. This will cost you about 10k of damage but gives you a huge boost on survivability.

Besides you have a block chance of 38% on attacks and 16% on spells. This is enough as you will stay in distance from monsters most of the time.

Screenshot Defense:
Spoiler

Screenshot Misc:
Spoiler

Screenshot Charges:
Spoiler

Must have gear:
Cloak of Defiance - best 6L ~15ex - if possible Legacy
Rathpith Globe or at least a good ES shield
Wand with phys and critical strike chance - does not have to be Foe Bite or Storm Needle.

Link setup:
AoE Damage:
6L: KB, WED, LL, FA, GMP, Increased Critical Damage
alternative defense version:
6L: KB, LGoH, LL, FA, GMP, Increased Critical Damage

Single Target Damage:
4L: Power Siphon, PCoC, FA, Physical Projectile Attack Damage

Movement:
4L: LW, FC, Less Duration, Concentrated Effect

Auras:
4L: Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Curse on Hit, Assasin's Mark
1L: Wrath

Golem:
3L: Flame golem, Empower, Minion Life

Current gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels:
My passive tree allows for three jewel sockets. The first I plugged with Poacher's Aim. Poacher's Aim is available as a quest reward. Second and third slot I use to increase life and damage. Really good jewels I still have to craft.

In general try to find cobalt jewels as those give the highest number of usable pre- and suffixes. In special for wand damage.

Spoiler

Current Passive Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YFLQceCTMJoAz3DdEOSA-rEQ8RlhSwFSAWvxmKGbQkiyaVKgstgzWSNj07KD9zQKBDMUlRSppKyEwtTP9QMFVLWlJd8l9qX7BgQ2HiYqxjQ2VNapNsjGznbWxuPW6qb55wUnDVc3B07XcHeu97w311gh6DCYTFhxOIQonTjAuMNo_6lS6XBpphm12btZyknaqfiKIEqJqplayvtUi18rl8u-O9Nr6AvqfAv8HFwnPDOsSiykrOcNDQ0TbTfti92sHbC9te4izsGOyw73rw1fKX8-r2o_bn-u_8ZP66

Bandits:
Normal : help Oak --> +40 life
Cruel : kill all --> Passive
Merciless: help Alira --> +1 power charge

Playstyle:
Easy to play with two buttons!

The Heralds combined with Curse on Hit and Assasin's Mark will bring power charges up most of the time. Now fire at will with KB in any direction. Many monsters will be killed offscreen so prepare a good sound filter for your drops you won't see ;)

Power Siphon will kill rares and bosses with integrated culling strike in the end and is used from time to time to keep the charges up. The bigger the mobs the better KB works. Same with mobs in front of any kind of wall. Explosions have a huge impact there.

Problems:
- Chaos damage: run as fast as you can from chaos damage areas.
- Bleeding: pop remove bleeding flasks.
- Reflect mobs: If you play the safe 6L setup with LGoH no prob, else: yes, you will die from time to time. Most of the time I manage to pop instant recovery flasks.
- Reflect maps: hardly managable. I exchanged WED for Life Gain on Hit in my 6L and tried a lvl 68 map with 15% phys reflect. I didn't die but felt very unpleasant. Think elemental reflect will hurt even more.

Maps:
Tested up to lvl76 without big problems. Single Player and Partys are both fun.

Thoughts:
Tempest Shield:
I tried to get better defense stats. Set up a 4L with Tempest Shield, Increased Duration, Cast when Damage Taken/Cast when Stunned. All leveled to 20. It will proc to rare cause you don't block alot as most monsters won't make it up to you closely.
Update: I changed the setup to Cast when Stunned, Cold Snap, Elemental Proliferation and Spell Echo, but still testing if its worth the 4L.

Comments:
This build is far away from beeing perfect. Still playing around with damage passives and need updates for boots, gloves. Would love to see the damage output with Strome Needle or Foe Bite wands. Will never be able to pay those. Still haven't gems all up to at least 20/20.

Good fight, good night ;)

LOG
Spoiler

2015 August 19th : Creation
2015 August 20th : Added screenshots
2015 August 21th : Uploaded corrected offense stats
2015 September 3rd : Added text and updated gear
2015 September 4th : Jewel section added
2015 September 13th: Update on jewels, passive tree
Last edited by PoE_maTT on Sep 13, 2015, 8:05:47 AM
uploaded stats screenshots
Interesting build :)

What is good level to switch to full build?
Hi akievans,

I didn't level up my char playing this setup so it's hard for me to give you a proper statement on your question. I used my lvl 85 scion after skill tree reset to start the build.

But I guess it's viable to use it relatively early. You should have some life and ES for defense and a good crit chance for offense.

If you have reached GR and EB and have CoD and Rathpith equipped I would suppose you can play it lvl 60ish or at least on lvl 70.

If you give it a try let me know and I will update a section on that for other interested people.

Good fight, good night.
made some updates and design improvements
Last edited by PoE_maTT on Sep 7, 2015, 10:43:27 AM
Hey Matthias schöner Build :)

Gruß Sinan
i found way to use this on 5L CoD. Drop life leech and take this:

This is my setup on 69 lvl, still need to cap resist/ without wep elem dmg (just dropped for test):
Hey Dubstepe,

that's a good thought. Unfortunately a CoE with perfect leech roll isn't a cheap item ;)

Last edited by PoE_maTT on Sep 26, 2015, 8:30:35 AM
Yes i know, my was very cheap, I bought this for 10 scouring orbs, i need now link my other CoD

Now i have 78 lvl, capped resists on 75% (100%) but still need to look at defence stats, it's too hard for me to fight against bosses and rare monsters. When i get hit i lose all my ES and half hp (i have 3k now, pretty low).
Last edited by q1blueone on Sep 26, 2015, 12:23:56 PM
Good luck fusing CoD!

Try to play maps where you can stay away from the boss. Fast melee bosses are hard, unless you can hit them in front of a wall.

Another method is to cast frostwalls to block monsters or use knockback to push them towards walls.

It will get easier the more life/es/block chance and damage you gain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info