[2.2, HC] Asta's "Lioneye's Archery" - A High Armor/HP Tornado Shot Archer

How do you feel about using Hatred, Arctic Armor, and Herald of Ash? I'm a sucker for looks, and the ghostflame Herald of Ash is just too cool to pass up! Was wondering about how AA would hold up against Grace?
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Hey,

they are comparable, but Grace is of course better (25% Mana Res versus 50%). However, in certain situations, AA prolly brings the top end damage down, which is not bad. Also, you get the additional chill against melee mobs that'll reach you.

You can do that, but it will defence wise a bit worse than grace.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Hey there,

I am trying your build as well. I am a bit noobish at POE but I always play HC and rage. Anyhow... I have a noobish question :) What is up with the 2 handed melee nodes? how does this apply to the build? thanks!
"
Stuntastic wrote:
Hey there,

I am trying your build as well. I am a bit noobish at POE but I always play HC and rage. Anyhow... I have a noobish question :) What is up with the 2 handed melee nodes? how does this apply to the build? thanks!

This is because of the Lioneye's Fall jewel you put in the jewel slot in the Duelist area. It converts melee nodes to bow nodes.

Please check section 1.1 for more details!

What was your reasoning for not using a flame golem or chaos golem? I was considering putting one into the cwdt link instead of increased duration. Do you think that they just don't bring enough to the build?

Thanks for the excellent guide I'm really enjoying it so far in THC.
"
What was your reasoning for not using a flame golem or chaos golem? I was considering putting one into the cwdt link instead of increased duration. Do you think that they just don't bring enough to the build?

3 off color on these gloves would've hurt for the small amount the golem delivers. Just thought its not necessary, since either everything is dying or is so hard hitting the the golem dies fast..for sure you can switch that :)

"
Astarte911 wrote:
"

3 off color on these gloves would've hurt for the small amount the golem delivers. Just thought its not necessary, since either everything is dying or is so hard hitting the the golem dies fast..for sure you can switch that :)

Thanks! I guess the golems aren't that big of a boost. 15% damage and 4% phys reduction don't benefit the build very much. What I want is something that helps reduce elemental damage. Frost wall and enfeeble are good, can't think of anything else so I guess increased duration is fine.
Hello, i made your build a few days ago and i tested some bows in my char:
-Chin Sol (yes,chin sol :3).
-Mareketh Bow (Rare).
-Lioneye's Glare.

-First Question: Why not use Lioneyes Glare, very nice atck speed and nice Phys Damage.

-Second Question: When using Lioneye's Glare i changed the passives a bit, removed RT and the 3 life nodes in the templar area (the one with Devotion), and i put the 6 points in the "Life and Reduced Mana", is this viable for this kind of build ???

-Third Question: I checked your characters list, a lot of Awesome build, can u do another HC build??

THX, and nice build (Tanky, Solid and Very Strong).

---> Bad English, Sorry =3.
I'm not Brazilian.
Hey,

"
First Question: Why not use Lioneyes Glare, very nice atck speed and nice Phys Damage.

If i do a build, i usually set certain milestone, that i wanna reach. I can case of this build, i was trying to reach 15k DPS with 7k HP and 25k Armor. Lioneyes Glare can roll up to ~350DPS and saves me only 1 passive point (RT). Due to the DPS restriction, ive had to use a higher DPS bow.

"
Second Question: When using Lioneye's Glare i changed the passives a bit, removed RT and the 3 life nodes in the templar area (the one with Devotion), and i put the 6 points in the "Life and Reduced Mana", is this viable for this kind of build ???

This is totally fine!

"
Third Question: I checked your characters list, a lot of Awesome build, can u do another HC build??

I usually dont sit down and generate builds. All pen and paper doesn't help if you dont have all your gear and optimzed your char around that

Here is another one i was playing in SC before Tali started! (Of course, that one is HC viable)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1485299/page/1

Im currently plaing a melee build (HC Tali) and going to write it down if i reached lv95 and get the last part of my gear (need to 6L..)

Whens the best time to transition into bows? I just picked up a geoffris and am leveling nicely and noticed Koam's Primacys weren't very expensive so I could use those to level up as well. Picking up only 2H nodes and survivability nodes I feel like melee is still so good.

Is the Lioneye's Fall jewel enough to push the bow dps past that of a 2h? I haven't gotten my lioneye's fall jewel yet since I ripped earlier and am starting this build over again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info