FireRauder 2.0 Oro's Sacrifice IB HoA proliferation IR

Acknowledgement

Thanks to Dark3ned and his original Michael Bay's 2nd favorite build for he is the father of IB Oro's Marauding.

Basics

Sometime ago I found 6s Oro's and luckily 6L it in 11 fuses. So I searched for a pure fire build and found Dark3ned's build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/955336/page/1
I wanted to continue with this stronbox destroyer build so I'll try to remake it for 2.0 update. This is my 1st guide, I will gladly answer any questions and will be more than happy to get some feedback.

- Pure Fire build
- Iron Reflexes
- Infernal Blow
- Herald of Ash + Prolif

What you really need

A) Oro's Sacrifice
B) At least 5 link chest or Oro's
C) Lots of +HP on equipment
D) Maxed Elemental Resists

Luxuries

A) Kaom's Heart
B) Doryani's Invitation
C) 6 Link

Pros
Spoiler
Instant strongbox destruction
Very fast cleaning of large monster packs
Sometimes bosses die because of mobs around them
You don't really care about phys reflect
Free frenzy charges
You can burn hard bosses to death
Culling strike
Great for slower PCs - no CoC and other fast triggering cr@p
Ele reflect - Only the mob directly hit by your attack reflects. Not the Splosions.

Cons

Spoiler
Glass Cannon - you need very expensive equipment to get some real survivability
Ele reflect - Anyway damage from explosions is not reflected back at you.
Cant do Atziri
Increased fire damage maps are pretty hard
Oro's lvl requirement

Passive Tree

This is my tree right now. Next nodes I plan to get are just more HP nodes and maybe Celestial Punishment. Since 2.0 we can take better Arsonist cluster instead lava lash, unfortunately Holy fire cluster was moved to a terrible position so it's pretty hard to get some burning damage.

Leveling

This is the hard part. Oro's got lvl requirement of 67 so you have to endure being utter horseshit or have a lot of Regrets to rebuild it once you reach 67. I lvld it like this since start and it was a real damn pain in the ).(

Offensive mechanics

Your main attack will be Infernal blow which kicks ass in pack cleaning combined with Herald of Ash linked with Elemental Proliferation. I easily solo high level maps except for ele reflect ones. For bosses you can either switch Ib for Molten Strike or have it linked in one of your items

Defensive mechanics

Big nerf for this build was changing the mechanism behind Cast when Damage Taken, so you have to cast Enduring cry manually. Anyway there are more options like Decoy totem or Fire totem which can easily distract enemies. Molten Shell is still a CWDT possibility and of course Vaal Immortal Call and Vaal Molten shell.

Movement

Leap slam. Period.

Auras

Herald of Ash + Grace/Anger

Curse?

Flammability

Gem Setup

Spoiler

5/6L - Infernal Blow + Melee splash + Weapon Elemental Damage + Fire Penetration + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks (order of importance)

4/5L - HoA + Elemental proliferation + Increased Burning Damage + Grace/Anger + Enlighten(If you are rich)

4L - Molten Strike + Fire penetration + Weapon Elemental Damage + Blood magic/Increased Rarity/Faster attacks or whatever you are using it for

4L - CWDT + Molten Shell + Enfeeble + Increased Duration OR Enduring cry + Immortal Call + Increased duration +/- CWDT

4L - Flammability + Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks

My Gear ATM

You need maxed resists and as much HP on your items as possible. Oro's is a nobrainer. You need a Ruby Flask, Remove Bleeding, Remove Freeze and anything else you want. Really important are Ruby and Bleeding ones.

Doryani's is a great addition and isn't much expensive right now.
Spoiler

I hope i will be able to add a video soon.
Last edited by JohnMoron on Aug 18, 2015, 9:30:06 AM
Reserved for more buttpoking.
I would love to see a video of this.
3,8k Life, more than max res(fire 79, cold 75, light 75, chaos -31), 7k dps with level 69 and the survivability is not really good. Against low bobs it's ok, evade all bosses or enemies that are rare. Instead of Grace you should get a purity of fire (grant 79% fire res), far better than the 10% phys dmg reduction you get from grace (with 65%, without 55% => with a bottle that grant 90% armour you easily can get nearly capped phys dmg reduction). WIth Surgebinders the damage will multiply + enduring cry (without immortal call) you can run on ~12k dps. Fire Remnants, extra fire damage is insane painfull without a fire res bottle.

The burning damage apply nearly never and without increased area of effect there is no real effect. Only good surrounded with tons of enemies and there is the next bad about it, you can't tank magic (blue) mobs really, so always hit, run, hit, run....

there are easier ways to do a nice Infernal blow build without using "oro's sacrifice", which is really painful.
Last edited by Ondrugs on Oct 4, 2015, 6:59:05 AM
I don't get this build.
Why oro?

You could replace it with cheap doomsower and have:
50% physical damage
85% Fire damage
Access to way better notables (damage+attackspeed)
Access to melee physical damage and added fire gems
No drawback increased damage taken
More AoE

Also you don't have nearly enough life for maps. These numbers will get you oneshot even by monsters like dry peninsula cannibals.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 5, 2015, 2:44:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info