[2.0.1] RaptorDaRaptor's Tempest Double Strike Build

THIS GUIDE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

About Me

Dear Exiles,

My name is Jamon "RaptorDaRaptor" Moretz and I'm a Counterstrike: Global Offensive streamer on twitch.tv/raptordaraptor. I've played Path Of Exile since it came out in Closed Beta and my passion for the game has stayed ever since. Alot of people watching my stream have also caught the "Path Of Exilevirus" but are having problems with their builds so that's why I wanted to create an easy build for newer players that doesn't requires alot of knowledge about the game.

Good luck and stay safe!

The Idea Behind The Build

The idea behind this build is to create a build that doesn't ruin your computer and keeps you safe against a wide variety of monsters. The build is pure health based and doesn't require expensive items to make it work. It's a pure physical build so you'll definitely get more action than those who have boring dual totem builds. The most fun part about this build is that you don't need chest armour end-game because you'll be using a Bringer Of Rain. Next to all of that, you'll get your health back by just doing damage to your enemies, a skill called Life Leech. Overall, a very consistent build without too many suprises while playing this game.

How To Start The Build

For a lot of new players, it's really hard to know what kind of items are important and what kind of items aren't of any value. That's why in this build I'll be talking about every single aspect of the game and what's important to keep in mind. First of all, the gems. When you start out as a Duelist, you'll get a Double Strike gem. You can use this gem by putting it into one of the Green Sockets in one of your items. You can find these items in your inventory by pressing the standard "I" button. If you still can't see the sockets then make sure you have "Always Highlight Sockets" enabled in UI menu (Menu -> Options -> UI). It could also be very usefull if you also enable "Show Corner Map", "Always highlight", "Always Show Sockets", "Show Full Descriptions", "Show Life/Mana Levels", "Show Mini Life Bars On Allies", "Sohw Mini Life Bars on Enemies" and "Show Mini Life Bar Above You". Also make sure to have "Show Clock" enabled because else you'll lose track of time playing this very addictive game.

Once you arrive at the town you'll be able to talk to one of the vendors to get a quest reward. You'll be able to choose between Cleave, Ice Shot and Molten Strike. It's not really important which one you pick since you won't be using it late game but I always chose Cleave since it's fun to play with it for the first levels.
Last edited by RaptorDaRaptor on Aug 13, 2015, 12:33:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info