2.0 Yue's Lightning Arrow/Barrage Totem+Dual Cursing phys crit bow build

Hi, sry for my bad english! After one month of the awakening release and a lot of research and testings, I would like to share some thoughts about 2.0 bow skills and my whole build. I see a lot of nice bow guides around but none have fully covered my own insights.

If you are looking for some out-of-the-box thinking just like me, here we go. This build focus in neglecting reflect, doing crazy area damage, killing boss easily and being useful at parties. Can do up to 2 million DPS against packs and 200k single target DPS.

If you are looking for early atziri kills or uber atziri farmer build, I would recommend the old poison arrow or puncture+tornado shot builds. They are much more effective at atziri than this one.

PROS and CONS

PROS:
-one of the highest area damage dealer I can see in game right now
-fast clear speed
-fast runner
-very resilient against reflect damage, can do reflect maps in any condition
-cheaper gear than regular crit bow build
-no blood magic gem required
-can do any map mod combination. reflect, blood magic and no regen included
-curse on hit (or double curse on hit) everything in the screen, very useful for party play
-shock everything

CONS:
-not very tanky, just as any crit bow build
-not the cheapest build around
-I feel like all bow builds will be nerfed at some point
-can't get as much IIR/IIQ as Windripper builds

Some thoughts about new gem choices

This build is based in these gems (and the buff they got in 2.0):

Damage effectiveness buffed from 70% (and +%increased damage) to 109%
added 10% chance to shock enemies (this is huge buff, any arc player know this)
This skill is insanely stronger now. Can't even compare to old 1.3 LA

50% less projectile damage (+%increased damage) buffed to 26% less projectile damage
Old GMP was reducing my single arrow damage to about 60%. Now it reduces to about 80%. Huge buff. One of the best support damage gems right now in the game. This is the reason why I do prefer LA rather than SA.

50% less projectile damage (+%increased damage) buffed to 31% less projectile damage
Huge, huge buffs similar to GMP

Totem now got more life which was one of its worst drawbacks. Now it doesn't die often. Also got higher damage effectiveness and cast speed. It can do about 1/4 of my own DPS with only a 4L (but it shoots non stop!). Useful and fun stuff to cast on boss

Barrage isn't stronger than before at lvl20, but its much stronger now at low lvl therefore becoming easier to use. What make this skill worth using is the new 2.0 GMP. It increases the overall damage of barrage by 57% (you shoot twice as much arrows doing about 78% dmg with each) making it a fair choice against frenzy, burning arrow, tornado shot or puncture.
Barrage combined with king of the hill passive is the best bow skill to control single enemies and bosses. Just shoot till they're dead, they won't move at all.
Barrage is the safest single target skill against reflect damage

They didn't get any buff but this combination is very strong and underestimated. They do higher damage than any other support combination, are stronger against physical reflect and do shock. Totally worth using.

This is the key to keep spamming lightning arrow. LA is very costly, you wont be able to support the mana easily without them.
Also, they are better than the usual choice increased critical damage + power charge on critical. They can add up to:
45% chance to gain power charge on kill
11% additional chance of critical strike on enemies
47% extra damage from criticals
28 life and mana on kill
This is better way to curse than manual cast or HoT+curse on hit because you can keep everything around cursed. Boss included. Keep PCoC+ICD gems in your inventory for curse immunity maps.

Some thoughts about other gem choices if you dont like this setup

Puncture: base dmg and bleeding are way too small. Used for some safe hits

Tornado shot: can't do as much damage against big packs as LA. Can't control boss as well as barrage. Still very good skill for both as always

Poison arrow: very powerful and safe

Split arrow: it's cheaper to cast and fire more arrows but dmg is smaller than LA

Burning arrow: damage is huge but you kill yourself in reflect

Ice shot: weak against reflect

Rain of arrows: weak against reflect

Elemental arrow: weak against reflect

Explosive arrow: weak against reflect

Every bow skill is viable right now though

Gem links

Area damage skill, in order of importance

Single target skill, in order of importance

Totem. Why tornado? It's the most versatile bow skill, good for both area and single target damage. 4th link is totally up to you

Aura+utility. I don't feel it's worth the effort to run more than 2 auras right now. Arctic armour is too good to pass but Herald of ash is an option

CWDT setup. Immortal call is still good against reflect. Enfeeble is a no-brainer for evasion builds.

Golem is decent if you got a free slot somewhere

Use Vaal Haste+increased duration instead of totem if you need even faster clear speed. Innervate in the barrage also helps a lot in this matter. You will outrun your group by miles (I don't like doing that though)

You need to keep 2x Life leech gem for any reflect map (swap it for weapon elemental damage) and power charge on critical+increased critical damage gems for curse immunity maps.

Recommended Gear

Weapon: critical physical bow. This means you will need anything higher than 280 physical dps and 8.5% critical chance bow. It's most likely to be a harbinger or decimation bow cuz they can get those stats easily.

Facebreaker is great choice now cuz maligaro's got way too high price and doesn't do much higher damage. Just buy any cheap facebreaker to start (roll didn't matter at all).
You can also buy any facebreaker and try adding elemental weakness on hit and getting extra curse amulet later. It's an affordable way to get huge dps gain.

Head: triple resistance + life helmet. With this you can skip rat's nest (also very expensive now) and focus damage only in the amulet/rings.

Body armour:
Daresso's is the best armour for reflect mitigation.
or 5L, 6L rare chest (with life resist and some evasion). I wouldn't value so much huge evasion in the rare chest, you can start with low evasion.

Boots: any rare with high movement speed, life and resist. Or Atziri's step if you got rare body armour.

Belt: any rustic sash with high life/resists

Rings/amulet: focus should be in damage. Get these mods first: critical multiplier>add physical damage>critical chance>add elemental damage>life
and some resists to complete what you lack

Quiver: Rare with Crit multipler>life>attack speed>crit chance>accuracy>added phys dmg>WED
Base should be either %accuracy/%crit chance/6-12 added phys dmg
Drillneck is not suited for this build

Jewel:
life leech in everything you can get. You will need at least 2.5% leech with blood rage active (for non daresso's defiance users, 3% leech is needed to deal with reflect)
+2 mana gained for enemy hit (you will need at least one of this to sustain you skills)
everything else: +%maximum life, resists and any bow or physical damage/speed you can get.

-legacy maligaro's is a no-brainer but regular maligaro's can't do much better than facebreaker.
-rat's nest is a good choice if you're wearing rare body armour and can afford the lack of resistances/life

Current Gear

Not a GG gear. You dont need GG stuff to run this build. I'll swap doedre's damning for crit/dmg/life ring after I got a good extra curse amulet

Flasks

Surgeon's divine flask is needed to sustain blood rage+vaal pact combo.

I still need to upgrade my gluttony flask for +movement speed flask

Passives

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-usSir-sB0aJA9PihIv7IGwEZ_uHboaTDOpu1IuqxMLUIcaGPT-0_N9RRR-dUJP3_3pUFCIma8V1oyqnZxjKUfwKm4DB8jX0j9k2Sfys51Hb3Mfqgn42_1CMwcd2oS3g6QgW1Go1bJujWFr8DHh9BBiO1SG1s53T8xQ2Nh3abJjIBshnPemHrelMF-X_78-oqC3BSJpVh4lVLjDY2PZ2qbIxirBvIz93xiuOfSn1noFuvIXaGzsEzhMUqONaKeOsKm-cK73qn1NwVzerrFPrrkvNeRQ==
I would pick harrier if I had more lvls. Arrow dancing is optional (reflect defense only). Frenzy and power charges are also optional but i don't think they're worth it.

Bandit rewards:
Normal: Oak (life)
Cruel: Oak (dmg)
Merciless: Alira (power charge)

Videos

79 arsenal map short gameplay demonstration video: https://youtu.be/LvlA1eeSnPA

Tooltip Stats

Damage with blood rage, frenzy and power charges. You can get more with flask, vaal haste and innervate, they are worth using.

LA hits up to 4 targets, GMP shoots 5x arrows and Chain can hit up to 3 targets. So each attack can hit up to 60 times. This means up to 1.200k total damage per second. Assassin mark + elemental weakness can easily double this value

Barrage can hit up to 8 times, so roughly 154k DPS with my 5L. You will miss some arrows most of the time though

Tornado can hit 5x times the same target, so up to 56k DPS. It's very helpful

Aim for 60%+ crit chance with charges

I'll stay at 4500 life with better boots/amulet/rings. It's enough to do endgame maps. You can get more than this with %increased maximum life on all jewels, which I'm not using at moment
Also got 6% damage reduction from armour

Aim for 3k+ life 70%+ resists and you're good to start
Last edited by marcosyy87 on Aug 20, 2015, 12:47:15 AM
reserved
video added, recording some more
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info