[2.0] MF Southmaul KimeraREAVE (Personal Theorycraft)

Just a little fun idea I had for a mf build, opposite to most mf builds, melee mf. The main inspiration to this build was Cameria's Maul, after having two of them drop I thought why not try to theorycraft a mf build using it. Its only attractive ability is it grants 40% IIR on killing frozen enemies, since the build is Crit using HoI and Hatred, that's a synch! The goal of the build is to clear <lv76 maps fast with high MF. By doing many maps fast your currency investment into the build will return, and will hopefully fund future builds as well :p

It's a Southpaw Reave build, but utilizing a Gemini Claw instead of a sword/dagger. Reason for this was the mana gain on hit (as well as just briefly doing a poetrade search for 260 pdps+, 7.6% crit, 1.6 AS one handed weapons) to fully support our main skill without any mana node investment or gear investment. Gemini's grant 14 mana per hit, with multistrike that's 42 mana gained back in a "single" attack against a single target. So claws it is.

Uniques
What can an MF be without uniques. However we surprisingly just need 2, the 1st is Greed's Embrace. It's pricey but nothing too crazy, up to 15% quantity bonus and up to 50% IIR was enough to seal the deal.

Our other main unique is Abyssus, of course. This makes the build a bit glass cannon since we're investing zero into defense, but offense makes a great defense in this case, especially in conjunction with Reave. That's the only uniques you need, the rest of the gear is just straight IIR on pretty much everything.

An optional unique is a corrupted Perandus belt with inc. radius of skills mod or +endurance Charge. Its extremely cheap and gives 8% IIQ, so vaal away! Of course money is the limit and I'm sure people could fit some Andvarius into the equation but I like to keep it simple.

IIR
So what's our IIR total and how do we get it?

To get high IIR we just get it on everything we can, and since we don't use junk unique's to get IIR, our gears can be a tad beneficial. This is the simple basics that you should follow, or rather, the average you should get on each piece:

Chest: 45+
Ammy: 50+
Rings: 30 x 2 = 60
Gloves: 30 (or Brinerot mod, better if both)
Boots: 30
Total: 215 IIR

With our IIR GEM, which gives us an additional 69% IIR at 20/20, that puts us at 284. To top it off, we get an additional 40% on killing frozen enemies, ending in 324 IIR in most cases. If you happen to be blessed and get brinerot mod with 30% iir on gloves, then that's an extra 30% rarity during flask effect which is easily spammable (quicksilver/jade flask/promise/taste of hate).

Tree
Here's our tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvryC5JARe8OKr0rIbqq18jWS2L2kOSLiR-IqTT8nhrMs6QDuFr9VS2HiJpWMNrVIcFIqC_PqYqydqmyMFSC9NmVNvqcZtC2DhNlHfg2NAAZieRX2Ff20xdYHj8FLHI2BeBnBoG9X037vevaj7g6jiiP2jX1NkiT951RRRzB8_9695j7P7T831O1BsbOmf8LsBbWNv9vnSn3jn4d2_rp9dWNwYEH8xW1sNj06Qkt43agwcdQjOygDlm49wONLV_Gzb56DCWBDdweHE5ykvoDximwIpcsM8g==

-153% Life
-4-5 Jewels
-+2 frenzy
-390% crit chance
-2% Life Regen
-Acro+Phase

I had to lose damage for acrobatics & co because I think not taking it would make the build squishier then it probably is despite not using any EV chest/helm. Abyssus+Greed's only equates to 1k armour, no way to get much higher with gloves/boots/belt, least not past 3k, so no point in worrying about AR/EV at all and just get acro for flat 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge, with probably 1k armour total, maybe 10% to evade. So let me repeat this: This is NOT a tanky build, deaths are to be expected, but the whole point is to just clear maps around 75-ish for good uniques and regal recipe, or clean up trash low lvl maps that clutter stash, a modest goal but one that would yield results.

Bandit rewards:
-Oak
-Oak/Kraytan
-Alira

Gems

Chest: Reave - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical - IIR - AOE/Hypothermia

4-links:
1. Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - BM
2. CWDT - Blood Rage - Warlord's Mark - Hatred
3. Cold Snap - Culling Strike - Ice Bite - IIR

Weapons:
1. Vaal Reave - Multistrike - Faster Attacks
2. HoI - Curse On Hit - Assassin's Mark

Cold snap was something I thought up that looks to work with Camerian's Maul, mainly for culling difficult bosses, or have a better chance at freezing them to gain mauls effect, though haven't tested if you can actually freeze them.

That's about it. Again this is just a personal idea I had that I may want to look back into in the future, personally. I have no urge to make any new character so this won't be tested by me, least not until next leagues. I basically threw together a southpaw build, you can morph your southpaw to be MF I'm sure as well. This is just off the top with no restrictions, and from face value it doesn't look much worse than normal abyssus southpaw reavers, just not using lightning coil and that sick death's hand.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Aug 12, 2015, 2:33:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info