[Summoner] Asking for theorical build advices

Hello everyone.
I'm almost quite new (~110 hours of game time) and actually leveling a summoner templar. Which in fact is level 54.

I like creating my own builds and looking on internet as little as possible, that's why I made this one.

Theorical templar summoner build

Actual build at level 54

Wandering everywhere, taking every single totem and minion skill, adding some skill durations (mostly for the totems and curse), and some life and @res when I come nearby. Also leaves me with 3 spare points, which is almost a miracle.

I had almost no trouble stomping on Normal (all acts) and Cruel (started act 4 recently), except for some bosses like Malachai or Dominus which used to oneshot my minions on Normal. USED TO. Cruel Dominus has been outright crushed.

Abilities I use right now (so no theory here):
Minions:
- Summon Skeletons with Melee splash & Minion Damage spammed all day
- Animate Guardian with Melee splash & Minion damage
- Raise Zombie with Minion life & Melee physical damage

Totems:
- Rejuvenation Totem almost spammed all day
- Raging Spirits (totem'd) for isolated targets
- Firestorm (also totem'd) for large groups

Other:
- Enfeeble spammed everywhere

I'm trying to get armor/ES equipment. I'm actually using a shield + scepter as weapons but I really want a staff to have more 6-linked overly powerful skills. Probably including Animated Guardian. Or Raging Spirits, I find them funny.

And that's where you come, to give your opinion.
So, uh... Any thougths? Anything that seems wrong to you, or any suggestions?
Last edited by ZeShmoutt on Aug 10, 2015, 7:06:10 PM
The best thing I can recommend after looking at your build is to just consolidate into one single idea instead of putting your points into different strategies. Pick either the totem strategy or the summoner strategy. It's fine to do both, but your points will be so spread out that neither one will be very powerful. It might not be obvious now, but as you progress into the more difficult content, being spread out like that will come to hurt you in the end. Pick a single strategy and stick to it.

Maybe try this. Stick to the dual totem strategy (which is very powerful) and keep your skeletons for protection, but don't invest points into skeletons/summons. This way you could have really strong totems while still having some summons for additional protection. If you do this you would probably get rid of Raging Spirits totem and use a different spell. Flame Totem is extremely powerful too.

Anyhow, welcome to the game. Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info