Daresso Cruel Difficulty

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask you guys what can I do to beat Daresso in the cruel difficulty. I tried it so many times with my lvl 62 shadow, but i don't have any chance, he just one-shots me :(

thanks!
He shouldn't be, he hits decently hard but not unreasonably so, how much life you got there?

Of course, if you stand in the center of his ice clone circle you should get killed, that's not the place to be, his other attacks are a lot weaker.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 10, 2015, 8:21:12 AM
I go through normal and cruel and even merciless so easy and I never really have good gear. the best thing you can do is use a shield. crest of panderus would even be good enough but deressos courage is the better choice for the extra res, armor and dmelee dmg when you get it. you can get both for 1c though.

Also something that makes his dmg so weak is get a granite flask you can buy one for 1c again and try to craft it with extra charge gain and extra armor. This is very cheap to do.

Daresso and most other enemies will hit like flies then :)
Last edited by Crixus8000 on Aug 10, 2015, 8:59:01 AM
Max out cold resist.

Get flame totem and one of the golems.

Keep flame totem and golems up (of course try to place your flame totem near daresso so it can deal damage)

Keep running around.

Whenever it does the red demon thing, run even more don't even stop to cast golem/totem. If you have a good movement skill use it to stay as far a possible from him.

DON'T STAND IN SWORD CLOUDS OF DOOM

and have good health flasks of course, granite flask also good although it can be quite hard to predict when exactly you need to use them.
Last edited by Sisaroth on Aug 10, 2015, 8:48:54 AM
thanks for your help!!

I have 2500 life and this is my current skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABbUM8g-rFf0WvyP2JIsmlSoLKjgqTTBxMHw1kjY9OkI64T8nRXxF9ErIS3hNkk3jUUdRTFVLX7Bh4mKsZK9qjGxGbIxtbG6qb1dwUnJseBl9W4TFijiMC4w2jX2Nv5u1naqi2aXLpn-sR7DYsbO0xbVItfK5fMGgwuzDOsgUykrUI9YH2L3dqOyw7UHyRfPq9W_-Cv6P?accountName=Bumbledore&characterName=Metzgerbua

shield could be bad with Acrobatics, but i'm not so experienced in this game ^^

and i dodged all his cloud attacks, his autoattacks are my problem!
Your passives looks fine.
You have enough life % for your level and no major mistakes in the tree.

So I guess it's your gear.

I fought the cruel version yesterday with similar life and also without armor, and his autoattack damage wasn't even close to 2500 (more like 700-900, and I also didn't wear armor gear).

Are your resists capped?
Have you tried a granite flask (yes, it is cut in half by acro, but 1500 armor could still help)?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
daresso is a bum. dude hits really hard, probably the hardest fight outside of malachai. seems like a lot of his damage is guaranteed too, i still can't figure out how to dodge when he dashes to you after his little ice circle thing. usually i pop movespeed flask and run like mad but he still dashes to me and gets at least one hit off.

best way to beat him is lots of cold resist (75% or more if you can manage) as well as lots of armour (bring granite flask if you are evasion). unfortunately he doesn't spawn adds so don't be afraid to TP to town to refresh your flasks occasionally.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
thanks for all your tips ;))

i finished him with better movement by my side, and he didnt even scratch me. but i found daresso much more difficult than malachai (with him i didnt have any problems)

and yes i need to work on my resists, the only problem is the high int I need for my herald of thunder, maybe i switch it to fire or frost :)

this is my current gear:

Spoiler
Your gear doesn't have enough life, You should swap your chest for a belly of the beast. You should get 2 life rings for now with some dps stats and res instead of the ones you have. Your gloves are also quite bad. You could run with slitherpinch or meginlords vise instead.

I would also reccomend swapping bloodseeker for one of the shields I said. Bloodseeker dps is bad and it only leeches on it's own attacks(I think) so it's not really giving you anything. With a shield you would have 30%+ chance to block with a good boost to overall defence stats too.

And again the granite flask would be a massive help too.

Gl and when you lvl you can go duel weild again :)
Last edited by Crixus8000 on Aug 10, 2015, 2:19:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info