How do you roll your Maps?

Hi Everyone :)

Bevore 2.0 i ran my Maps like this

66-68 doesnt matter
69-70 blue at least
71-72 yellow, no chisels
73-74 yellow, chiseled, no reroll
75-76 yellow, chiseled, chaos till <80 quantity(without chisels) + packsize/more rare/more magic
77-78 yellow, chiseled, chaos till <100 quantity(without chisels) + packsize/more rare/more magic

When to corrupt? or adding fragments? Well i did not know you could. :)
Since i sustained map drops and the used currency via drops i never bothered to check the wiki on maps per se. Thaught i knew everything about them

So here is what you can do with your maps in case you didn't know :=)

Chiseld = Adding 4 Cartographer's Chisel to a white map then rolling it -> +20 quantity
Vaaling = Adding up to three different Vall Fragemnts to the map !in the map device! -> +5 quantity per Fragment
Corrupting = Using a Vaal orb on the map
"
- No effect (other than adding the corrupted property).
- Add or subtract one level, changing the base type to one appropriate for the new level, and randomizing the affixes. This is the only way to create a level 79 Vaal Temple Map.
- Reroll the item into a rare item with up to eight random affixes.
- Unidentify the item, retaining its affixes and quantity bonus. Unidentified magic or rare maps receive a 30% bonus quantity.
-- In addition to these effects, all bosses of corrupted maps have a chance to drop Sacrifice Vaal Fragments or Vaal Skill Gems.

Using Zhana's Map device -> +1 for each level of zhana

(( The base dropchance + ALL the Bonus quantity )) multiplied by Packsize
= Your effective quantity Bonus

Please no Discussions about the mapping system Changes per se.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Please post 3 Things.
1) How do you roll your Maps? (when to chisel, when to reroll, when to use zhana for what)
2) Till which level do you sustain currently
3) If you have a grasp on it, how much currency do you blow on average on a map of a certain level

Last edited by Genotron on Aug 10, 2015, 6:52:32 AM
Never did high level maps but posting here so I don't forget about this thread. Am also interested.

I hope that this time I around to doing Atziri before I get bored again.
Well, i use alteration orbs on all my maps, regardless, because at the moment, the map system is aids.

I have a full tab of maps, i transmute them all, and go, if i cant do the one im running next, i just reroll with alterations.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I don't "roll" my maps.

I let the RNG in the game decide what map insanity I run. I throw chisels at the highest level map I have ( when they come in ), alch the highest map I have, and run it no matter what.

This method sucks ass for map return rate. No really it is so unbelievably bad that it blows my freaking mind. If "alch and go no matter what" doesn't get you into the top maps even once there is a serious F'n problem with the map system.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Same here, more spent is a waste.

75+alch just for more items for regal recipe... And waste my chisels on them (just 2-3 each).
No Problem,
Exile
Normally trans, alt until happy, maybe aug, and go. I never used alchemy or chaos orbs to map even above 70. It just didn't seem profitable to me.

This league, can barely bring myself to map. I have three toons map capable, just not feeling it.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Sisaroth wrote:
Never did high level maps but posting here so I don't forget about this thread. Am also interested.

I hope that this time I around to doing Atziri before I get bored again.

Me neither since patch so its unlikely we'll have to worry about it
Git R Dun!
1) How do you roll your Maps? (when to chisel, when to reroll, when to use zhana for what)

75 alch
76 alch + 1 or 2 chaos if required

77+ always fully chiselled

77 alch + 2-3 chaos if required + vaal (almost always) + 0-1 fragment if required
78 alch + up to 5 chaos if required + vaal (almost always) + 0-3 fragments if required
79 alch + up to 10 chaos if required + vaal (if required) + 0-3 fragments if required
80+ as many as it takes to get right + Zana

2) Till which level do you sustain currently

3) If you have a grasp on it, how much currency do you blow on average on a map of a certain level

I don't measure specific levels. I run X maps above 75 and look at what I've used. So on average 2-3 chaos per map. Obviously, the bulk is used on higher level maps. If I trade everything I make in maps, I come out at around break-even.
68-71 - Sell it to vendor for map recipe

72-73 - Transmute + Aug / Alt

74-75 - Alch

76+ - Sell it to some dummy for 10c or more who is going to then probably spend 4 chisels and an alch and maybe a vaal on top of that. lol.

Cartographers Strongbox - Alch + Vaal

Chisels - Save 80+ and try to trade for an exalt.

I'm not really interested in leveling past ~93 on any character so 76+ maps don't really offer a whole lot of value to me outside of the fun of running a high level map, which I'll occasionally do.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Aug 10, 2015, 9:50:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info