[2.0] Elemental Crit Spectral Throw with Acrobatics 50K LMP DPS(A lot of room for improvement)

Hey everyone,

People kept asking me about my build in groups so I'm posting it here. It's not something original or groundbreaking but just posting it here so I can forward the people that ask about it in-game. It won't be much of a guide but gear, gems, passives showcase. I might transition it into a guide later if needed but there are many guides out there so for now don't expect any fancy titles, pictures, videos, screens :)

Gear

Ooops just noticed I need to quality my boots :) I forgot after getting 2L-2L.
Gear Cost

Dagger: master craft + 3 chaos
Chest: Self-found, master craft + ~240 jews/not much fuses to get 6L, got lucky there :) I was actually trying to get 5L as I was bored with tabula, but tabula works just as great.
Helm: I'm guessing 3-5 ex at start of the league but perf crits were worth 8ex at the time
Boots: Mediocre life + 16 dodges were 12-15c when I bought it, probably way cheaper now.
Glove: master craft + .. 1 chaos.
Shield: 3 chaos? lol
Amulet: master craft + scroll of wisdom + aug + regal as I recall
Rings: Diamond one is self-found other is ~3 chaos
Belt: master craft + 5c

I'm guessing you can get similiar stats with 5-6 ex worth of gear. Hell, you can drop rat's nest for a starkonja and build it with 2 ex worth of gear tops including jewels.

Capped resists, 4k life, 50% evade without grace

Level 89

Passive Tree

Not really optimized but just to give you an idea. You might want to drop a frenzy charge and complete Phase Acrobatics or take more life/life regen etc. Up to you. I think shadow has a better
start but I didn't really plan out to play spectral throw at the start of the league :)

I survive on my flasks but you might want to get Vaal Pact and replace Faster Attacks/Hypothermia with Life Leech. I wouldn't replace Added Cold Damage as it gives us a lot of damage(and survivability). Or if you don't want to go Vaal Pact I believe a 20/20 Life Leech gem with some Vorici items is good enough. I tested around with a level 20 LL gem without any other leech rate items/nodes and it felt great, less flasking and less fluctuations on my hp pool and I can leech back to full hp in a matter of seconds so all good.

Do not use Dyadian Dawn belt with superior gear, the damage loss is not worth the 0.6 leech against chilled enemies. The damage from a 30% WED from belt > situational +0.6% leech amount.

I used to run on ES/Mana with Eldritch Battery and 6 +3 ES gain on hit jewels. But thought I could replace those jewels with something better and replace a gem with Blood Magic. It worked out pretty good. So if you take that route, respec to Blood Magic :D Or share your results if they are any better with similiar gear.

Here's my gem setup:

Gem Setup

6L: Spectral Throw + Faster Attacks + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Added Cold Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Blood Magic

Replace Faster Attacks with Hypothermia for group play and higher maps. You can replace the LMP with FA on bosses if you want but it's not necessary. I usually go Hypthermia + GMP for party play as I freeze everything.

4L(2L-2L): Wrath + Grace - Blood Magic + Rallying Cry/Flicker Strike

4L: HoI + Hot + CoH + Assassin's Mark

4L: Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Blood Magic

3L: Inc Dur + Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace

3L: Ice Golem + Blood Rage + Blood Magic

I don't run a CWDT setup, you shouldn't get hit in the first place imo :)
But if you really want to run it get 3R1B or 3R1G on one of your 4L's and run CWDT+Inc.Dur+Immortal Call put either Grace/Wrath on the last socket.
I don't like colouring much and switching between wrath/grace is easier on me with my colours and I like the Rallying Cry's dmg boost.

I currently have 50k lmp dps with vaal haste/charges/blood rage/flasks up. And my gems are not leveled yet. (And Hypothermia's dps does not show on tooltip.) Clear speed is pretty good, you can chain Vaal Hastes.

You need to use your resist flasks / Atziri's Promise to deal with reflect. But sometimes I one-shot the ele ref rare without knowing. Still, use your flasks :)

I have transitioned from coc build so I have Power Charges from Bandits. It might be a better idea to get a Frenzy charge.

Bandits: Oak, Kill all, Kraityn

Kind of poorly written but I just wanted to share my build as people kept asking "Is that ele st?" in parties I joined. I guess they don't really expect ST to carry 76+ maps after the nerfz.

---------------------------

You can go Crown of Eyes and get a 70-100 spell dmg shield or saffel's frame(to deal with reflect) if rat's nest is too expensive for you and you don't like starkonjas. You lose a lot of evasion and resist this way but the damage is comparable to a rat's nest if not better.

After some testing Inc. Crit Multi seems viable, I thought it was dead but with the frenzy charges we take and help of Blood Dance you basically cull at 35% health if you land a crit.
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Aug 10, 2015, 2:17:07 PM
Thanks a lot for the guide, looks promising and interesting.
I'm a bit confused, how can you run 4 auras? You shouldn't be able to run more than a 50% + 2x 25% yet you've got both grace and wrath in your guide
"
imparatul wrote:
I'm a bit confused, how can you run 4 auras? You shouldn't be able to run more than a 50% + 2x 25% yet you've got both grace and wrath in your guide

I never said I ran 4 auras. I use whichever is necessary depending on content.

You can vaal orb your boots to get a white socket and put another link to Rallying Cry(inc.dur) or another spell like flame dash, flicker strike and do the aura switching on the white socket. But you'll need the white socket alone(not linked) so you won't run the aura on life because it will be affected by blood magic.

Or you can just run CWDT setup but getting the white socket on the non-red socket would be quite challenging for cwdt setup.

If you ask me you're better off with a 4% dodge or a +1 gems corruption than a white socket.
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Aug 13, 2015, 5:00:20 PM
I could tell where to go picking up points per level to get better to level and etc.
What jewels are you using?
What lvl maps you can rush w/o deaths + kill boses?

Have videos in future?
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
what flasks and how do u get frenzy ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info