[2.0] - Flames of Chaos [WIP]

As this is my first thread of this type, please be understanding of my ineptitude. Also, this is a Work in Progress and i am really interested in reading all your input.
Also, this build is nothing special, just a variation of Flame Totem.

Core Items
Spoiler

Reasoning
Spoiler

As Mobs rarely have resistance against Chaos Damage, simultaniously using The Consuming Dark and Infernal Mantle with Flame Totem gives us a quite high DPS of pure Chaos Damage.

Flame Totem
Spoiler

The Flame Totem (FT) skill gem is useful as of 2.0 as it can tank quite effectively, gains projectiles as it levels up (which in turn renders LMP/GMP useless) and can be cast some distance away from the player. It can also be used effectively in a 4L configuration to good results. A 5L and a 6L are ofcourse better, but an inexpensive 4L Infernal mantle is very good.
The 4L is: Flame Totem - Faster Projectiles - Faster Casting - Added Chaos Damage. The 5th will be Iron Will and the 6th, perhaps, Increase Critical Damage, though that last is still to be seen. Perhaps an Increased Critical Strikes will fare better.

Current Skill Tree

I will try Arcane Potency and Anihilation to see what happens.

Current Items
Spoiler

Geofri's Crest will be used for auras supplemented with Enlighten (and i will take Soverenity). I require it for both +1 to gems and resistances. The Auras will be: Herald of Ice, Haste/Herald of Thunder, Anger (when i get Enlighten). All these auras, except Haste, work by adding flat damage bonus to spells and as FT has a high rate of casting, the total added damage should be high. However, it is currently unclear if my Mana regen can handle a 5L or a 6L, so one of these auras might get change to Clarity.
Using Eldritch Knowledge in Jewel Socket located almost between Elemental Equilibrium and Mind over Matter gives +20% to Chaos Damage.

Current Stats

Offense
Spoiler

Currently Cast Speed seems more important on items then Spell Damage. The Link on the dagger is my supporting golem: The Flame Golem. With additional resistances and health, he can sometimes work as a decoy, though it is quite random.

Defense
Spoiler

I will be moving away from EVA to AR/ES. Mana Regen includes Clarity.
The base of defending oneself with this totem build is a healthy HP pool supported with high HP regen, ES for taking the first blows, armour to further support HP regen and generally not being there.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal - Help Oak (40HP)
Cruel - Kill All (1 Skill Point)
Merciless - Kill All (1 Skill Point)
Last edited by AterVulpes on Aug 8, 2015, 4:14:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info