Starkonja + Iron reflexes?

Will this be 50% increased armour on low life because of the evasion convert or no?

If all the armour you have is from evasion then Yes.

Evasion modifiers apply to the evasion rating before it is converted to armour, but modifiers on evasion will not apply to armour acquired through other means than Iron Reflexes.

So: If you do not have any armour without Iron Reflexes: Yes.
If you have some armour without Iron Reflexes: Partially.
If you have armour and the Iron Reflexes keystone, but nothing that increases evasion rating: No.

(I might be wrong, though.)

You could test it by reserving your life down to 30% and moving a piece of evasion gear on and off your character and see if it is boosted by Starkonja's Head.
Last edited by Jonmcdonald on Aug 8, 2015, 2:19:28 PM
Awesome thanks! I am Theory crafting an IR build. I would have 4k armour from immortal flesh but the rest would be evasion. So partially but the 4k from immortal flesh wouldn't be included in the calculations. Thanks!
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Evasion modifiers apply to the evasion rating before it is converted to armour, but modifiers on evasion will not apply to armour acquired through other means than Iron Reflexes.

Incorrect. Evasion is Converted to Armour, and then the sum of Increased Armour, Increased Evasion and Increased Armour&Evasion is applied.

@Ellerean: where do you get 4k Armour from Immortal Flesh?
I meant 40% oops. Thanks Viper - so if that info is incorrect what is the answer?

Just a bit confused sorry.
I described the correct method to use. The difference between what I describe and what Jonmcdonald describes is as follows:

1000 Evasion
50% Increased Evasion Rating
50% Increased Armour Rating

Jon's method:
Apply Increased Evasion: 1000 * 1.5 = 1500 Evas
Convert to 1500 Armour, apply Increased Armour: 1500 * 1.5 = 2250 Armour

Correct method:
Convert to 1000 Armour, apply sum of Increased Armour and Evasion:
1000 * 2 = 2000 Armour

The reason Conversion functions this way is to insure Increased and Reduced type modifiers stack additively. More and Less type modifiers, such as Determination, apply as separate multipliers.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I described the correct method to use. The difference between what I describe and what Jonmcdonald describes is as follows:

1000 Evasion
50% Increased Evasion Rating
50% Increased Armour Rating

Jon's method:
Apply Increased Evasion: 1000 * 1.5 = 1500 Evas
Convert to 1500 Armour, apply Increased Armour: 1500 * 1.5 = 2250 Armour

Correct method:
Convert to 1000 Armour, apply sum of Increased Armour and Evasion:
1000 * 2 = 2000 Armour

The reason Conversion functions this way is to insure Increased and Reduced type modifiers stack additively. More and Less type modifiers, such as Determination, apply as separate multipliers.

I love this one! How did the hybrid nodes work agan?(24% evasion and armor node = 48% armor or only 24% for eva)
Just 24% - the description fits on a single line, and is thusly only one modifier. A single modifier can only apply once to a given value :)

A different example where a passive does apply "twice", are the Snowforged and Storm Weaver clusters. They grant two separate modifiers (two lines in the description), and as such both modifiers can apply to the same value. Quite strong if you are Converting!
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Just 24% - the description fits on a single line, and is thusly only one modifier. A single modifier can only apply once to a given value :)

A different example where a passive does apply "twice", are the Snowforged and Storm Weaver clusters. They grant two separate modifiers (two lines in the description), and as such both modifiers can apply to the same value. Quite strong if you are Converting!

I feel that armour + evasion nodes should double dip when u use IR, since we already loose the "reduced crit damage" node from over the marauder part of the tree. It wouldn't even compensate for it, but it would be a decent start.
I want some unique dedicated to ViperMagi for being so helpful. Something like temple of the forbidden eye inspired xD or like something that double dips when you convert elements - the more conversions (whether taken as or dealt) the more powerful!

Now if I only had 1k to throw around...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info