Defenses for 2 hander builds

I am new to playing 2 hander builds and I always have thought that 2 hander, especially swds are of no place in this game, coz of their lack of any meaningful defenses.

1 hander have it easy: armor + dodge + block (spell etc)
bow has it easy coz, they basically stay out of range.
dual wield has it ok coz they also get block chance coupled with some armor and/or dodge.
How come 2 hander (those that dont have block as implicit) suffer so much???
you get like armor or dodge ONLY!!!
WTF??

and the STUPID BUFF TO PHYSICAL DMG is really really putting me off.
I wonder what is up with the developers.
Or if someone has a better way of mitigating dmg, pls share with me.
I am noob 2 hander.

In theory, 2 hander is cool but if you start dying like a fly at the start of "end game".
You should just phase out 2 hander or reexamine your "armor" mitigation or dodge thing.....
7 endurance charges + lightning coil + purity of lightning + fortify + rampart + soul of steel = physical non-issue
You don't even need PoL for physical mitigation in that setup but it's generally nice to have. I've got a sweep mara from 1.3 that skipped Coil-PoL entirely and used high armor gear pieces (cheap), 7 endurance charges and soul of steel, that's good enough to keep you alive, fortify makes up for the monster damage difference in 2.0.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I tend to use coil on none armor builds. It is quite a restrictive piece of gear and its upsides seem redundant on a build already very strong in physical mitigation.
Acro + phase acro
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Wow! So you just need

7 endurance charges
lightning coil + purity of lightning (Optional)
fortify
rampart
soul of steel

and I am good to go?
How effective is it in high level maps?
Does monster still 5 hit you ?

I dont know, I dont have much faith in Armor...
I used to go acro + phase acro + other sources of dodge/spell dodge

If someone can direct me to a video in action of the 2.0 patch in regard to effectiveness of armour, I would really appreciate it.

I thank you a lot to the people who offered their advice :)
Kudos to all of you veterans :D
No, you're not good to go. Yet. Toss in Arctic Armour and then you'll be ready.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
the defences on my 2 hander are high armour, high hp from kaoms heart, 3 endurance charges, fortify, determination, arctic armour and cast on damage taken gem linked with temporal chains and enfeeble. can just jump into full screen of mobs in lvl79 map with beyond mods and tank all the dmg but it does kill me sometimes, would never hold up in hardcore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info